Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 1.09 Beta released

http://community.bistudio.com/wiki/ArmA_Beta_Patch_1.09

VOIP probably needs more testing, so if you can give any useful feedback about it, please do.

There are a ton of great changes in this version. The changelog doesn't even cover them all. :)

Re: 1.09 Beta released

Impressive changes indeed!
    LoyalGuard

Comment

Wow this is great news. It is really nice to see them putting so much effort into an "old" game. I hope this spurs some activity on the server soon.

One question, do both the client and server need matching versions? If I update to this and the server is still 1.08 are there conflicts?

Comment

Originally posted by Long Bow View Post
        Wow this is great news. It is really nice to see them putting so much effort into an "old" game. I hope this spurs some activity on the server soon.

One question, do both the client and server need matching versions? If I update to this and the server is still 1.08 are there conflicts?
        1.08 and 1.09 are not compatible in any way. Both client and server must run 1.09.

Comment

Originally posted by Dslyecxi View Post
          1.08 and 1.09 are not compatible in any way. Both client and server must run 1.09.
          However, if I understand correctly after installing the beta patch you can still start and play the regular 1.08 .exe and there is an uninstall .exe for the beta. So seems that installing the beta patch doesn't permanently cut you of from 1.08 servers.

Comment

With a bunch of people the VOIP seems to be working decently. As far as performance, there was a tremendous boost for me in FPS. I also like how the movement seems to be a bit smoother.

Overall it seems to be running smooth and the server is stable with it.
            "The chief foundations of all states, new as well as old or composite, are good laws and good arms; and as there cannot be good laws where the state is not well armed, it follows that where they are well armed they have good laws." -Machiavelli

Comment

So we should all update then ?

Comment

Originally posted by Malt View Post
                So we should all update then ?
                Yes. 1.09 seems quite stable and you can still run 1.08 as well.
                LoyalGuard

Comment

Installing.

*edit, installed. I can see a small performance boost. I've already forgotten how to play, been over 3 months since my last go around.
                  Last edited by UnDeaD; 12-21-2007, 06:55 PM.

Comment

after the update, the game felt really smooth and now that i have my 8800 GT on the way, it will feel even better. It does seem like they toned down the grass, is that why it seemed much smoother? Usually when i went to scope, my frames just crapped out but after the update i was picking off ei with deadly accuracy.

THANKS SANTA!!!
                    FORMER 22ND RRR/FORMER 1ST JTOC/ ALWAYS A TACTICALGAMER

Spartan 4

Comment

I got some issues about the server, how come we dont have the password on it?

Last day i me and abysmal started a mission and all of a sudden two mer joins and one of them used hacks, because everything he shot at exploded even thou he had a M4 SD.
                      I kicked him from the server but there are some guys who comes on and don't follow orders.
                      I think some members knows what I'm talking about.

Otherwise the patch is a great advance, the voip problem has already been talked about.
                      Most of the annoying earlier bugs are gone and the game runs more smooth now.

"I'm gonna shove the lawbook somewhere where the sun don't shine on him.
                      Then he can truly say that he knows how it feels when the laws are used effectively"

Comment

I'm curious, myself, as to why the server is no longer password protected...

One of the reasons I like playing on TG servers is because you don't have to put up with hackers here.
                        SADD - Soldiers Against Dumb Drivers - Campaign
                        Friends don't let friends drive enemy vehicles.

Comment

Per BigC's announcement here: Server Schedule

The schedule will be updated to maximize player usage, contingent on traffic.
                          As part of that, we are running the server without a PW on certain days to try to increase traffic and attract new players to TG. This is coupled with TG dedicated days as well as an SM only day. As BigC said, we will adjust the schedule to find the right balance.

We have drawn a lot of interest this weekend by running the 1.09 patch, players have seen this and joined to try it out. No PW days will bring people who have never played the TG way before and have to be brought up to speed. We are working on ways of doing this effectively. And of course it may bring out hackers/cheaters as well. We are trying to address this as well. Continue to report problematic players to admins via PM and provide feedback. If you think we are running too many days w/o a password let us know.
                          Last edited by loyalguard; 12-23-2007, 02:40 PM. Reason: typos
                          LoyalGuard

Comment

Is the 1.09 patch out or is it still the beta?

The hungry, ignorant man immediately grasps that he is handed a fish, but is bewildered when handed a net. The man who shivers in the cold thinks happily of the man who invites him to sit by his fire, and somewhat poorly of the man who loans him an axe, flint and steel.

Comment

still beta, download from first post

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse