w 1.09 vehicle voip problem?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• w 1.09 vehicle voip problem?

Was wondering... over on SimHQ's server w/ the beta patch...players are reporting that voip works until they get into a vehicle, then only some can hear, even if in same vehicle, and even when they exit the vehicle... so then they exit the game, come back in and works again, till they get in another vehicle....

can u guys confirm this on your server?
    thx
    Magnum |TG-18th|

We stand between chaos and order, evil and good, despair and hope - we are the Thin Blue Line, and we will never be broken.

Re: w 1.09 vehicle voip problem?

We did notice some inconsistencies last night Mag, I was on for about 3 hours and VOIP would come in and out. Funny though, I noticed that we could hear better while IN a vehicle and only after getting out did it drop off.
    LoyalGuard

Comment

Originally posted by loyalguard View Post
      We did notice some inconsistencies last night Mag, I was on for about 3 hours and VOIP would come in and out. Funny though, I noticed that we could hear better while IN a vehicle and only after getting out did it drop off.
      That's exactly what happened. We (SimHQ) noticed that, once you exited the vehicle, some people would lose VoN, and some wouldn't. While only some people could hear person A, and not person B, person B could hear person A just fine. Exiting ArmA, and then reconnecting was the only way to fix it...

Very strange behavior, but I guess that's why it's called a BETA...

Comment

Gotcha...Are you going to report it at BIS, if not, I am happy to write something up or confirm the report if already there.
        LoyalGuard

Comment

well i think both can report there findings to BIS so they know it's universal, and i think Dslyecxi is also gather information to report, since he's already been working with v1.09 beta for a while and has a relationship with BIS.

thx
          Magnum |TG-18th|

We stand between chaos and order, evil and good, despair and hope - we are the Thin Blue Line, and we will never be broken.

Comment

Yes, I had some problems with VOIP as well. In retrospect it could very well been related with the vehicles. Some people I could talk with, while with other I could not, but you would see there mouth move. Also some could hear me and others not.

BTW, I would stress the advantage of setting up keys to talk to each channel (direct, group, side etc.) instead of switching between channels and then talk, for me that's way too confusing in the heat of battle.

Comment

If people can post specific details with regards to their hardware settings (EAX turned on/off, volume sliders, mic boost etc) and repro steps if you have them, it would be much appreciated. I'll try and test this out tonight.

I know that sometimes one person can have difficulty hearing another person who can be heard fine by everyone else, and there's been a mildly high chance of that occuring (5%?) but all bug reports with regards to voip will undoubtably be hugely appreciated, and either giving them to me to pass on to dslyecxi, or to dslyecxi himself, is the only way we're going to get a kickass patch out of this.

Comment

Originally posted by mingmong View Post
                If people can post specific details with regards to their hardware settings (EAX turned on/off, volume sliders, mic boost etc) and repro steps if you have them, it would be much appreciated. I'll try and test this out tonight.

I know that sometimes one person can have difficulty hearing another person who can be heard fine by everyone else, and there's been a mildly high chance of that occuring (5%?) but all bug reports with regards to voip will undoubtably be hugely appreciated, and either giving them to me to pass on to dslyecxi, or to dslyecxi himself, is the only way we're going to get a kickass patch out of this.
                We had some problems yesterday, which I'm pretty sure, were not related to vehicles. In a certain mission no vehicles were involved and still we had a problem with people not hearing a person while others did hear that person. The day before Satmax I think and me had problems as well we tried with EAX and without but it made no difference. My soundcard software does have a mic boost function enabled, but I didn't have a problem yesterday.

The problems seems to be pretty random, for instance yesterday I was translating for one person while he couldn't hear another person, while the day before I was the one who was having VON problems. I do have the impression that the problem is persistence over missions. So it seemed if there was a VON problem between 2 people in one mission it would still be there in the next.

I'm sorry that I can't pin point the problems more, like I said it seems to be pretty random.

Comment

Last night we had a 3-person mission and at start could hear each other, but only in group channel. There were no vehicles involved, but the issues cropped up when we dropped and reconnected to take over AI. I could see one man's mouth moving but not hear anything from him.

I run a Asus Nvidia/Conroe setup, Win XP, Creative X-Fi. Sliders have effects and voice at 7.0, Hardware Accel and EAX are both on.

The mission was Fools for Fuel, in case that matters.

Comment

VOIP is always painful for me. Always. Constantly comes in as just white noise.

Atomic Dog: Do it, hit it with a crowbar!
                    Delta: I don't have a crowbar.
                    Atomic Dog: Hit it with the dog!

Ednos: I just need to man up and get ready to have a testicle removed (which is what using Vista feels like)

Comment

Originally posted by Delta View Post
                      What sound card do you have? Drivers? (etc)

Comment

Originally posted by Delta View Post
                        Delta, the problem you're having is most likely with Teamspeak, not the VOIP. I recall your inability to use CS:S and Teamspeak at the same time, so my guess is that your hardware is at fault here, not BIS.
                        The trouble with the world is that the stupid are cocksure and the intelligent are full of doubt. ~
                        I have a tendency to key out three or four things and then let them battle for supremacy while I key, so there's a lot of backspacing as potential statements are slaughtered and eaten by the victors. ~
                        Feel free to quote me. ~

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                        X