1.09 patch / mod

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 1.09 patch / mod

I've just d/l this but there is ref to a new icon, where's that then.
    I haven't tried it yet so I'll give it a go and see if it works and if it has updated.

Does TSO still work or should I remove it before running this?

I may get to play a bit of ArmA again.
    "I like a man who grins when he fights"
    Sir Winston Churchill

Re: 1.09 patch / mod

The new shortcut doesn't go straight to your desktop on installation, I had to go into my Arma folder and get it. I think it was installed within the main Arma folder but I don't remember ( There is a Arma_beta folder where it may be located). Your normal shortcut will still launch 1.08 Arma.

As for TSO I did run it just to monitor FPS but it was only in SP so I can't confirm if MP has any issues with it?

Perhaps I will see you on the server this Sunday?

Comment

Had a great couple of coop sessions in the 1.09 patch. seemed to really help my fps in most cases but still choppy in some select areas. VOIP was buggy and I felt let down after reading D's great post regarding its potential. Works for me about 75% of the time so we used TS instead.

Sunday..what time?
      sigpic
      |TG-1st|Grunt
      ARMA Admin (retired)
      Pathfinder-Spartan 5

Comment

Originally posted by Grunt 70 View Post
        Had a great couple of coop sessions in the 1.09 patch. seemed to really help my fps in most cases but still choppy in some select areas. VOIP was buggy and I felt let down after reading D's great post regarding its potential. Works for me about 75% of the time so we used TS instead.

Sunday..what time?
        The patch was released as a Christmas gift. We weren't done with VOIP testing when it was released. We're still doing private tests with it and getting them to fix various issues. When the final patch comes out, the VOIP should work as intended every time. Right now it's reliable enough that we use it in all missions, with TS providing the backup and higher-level comm layers.

Comment

Thanks gents.
          Long Bow does that mean I have to place the shortcut on my desktop so as to be able to activate 1.09 as just hitting the existing shortcut will try to launch 1.08 right.
          Sir Winston Churchill

Comment

Originally posted by Barnaby View Post
            Thanks gents.
            Long Bow does that mean I have to place the shortcut on my desktop so as to be able to activate 1.09 as just hitting the existing shortcut will try to launch 1.08 right.
            If you want a shortcut of the beta launcher on your desktop, go to the arma folder, look for the beta shortcut, right click on it, select send to and then select desktop. That way you have a launch beta shortcut on your desktop. You can also just launch the beta shortcut from the arma folder, but indeed a desktop shortcut might be easier.

Comment

Could it be true? Is ARMA sufficiently patched? What year is it? I'm so confused!

heh... I just might have to make a return now that this game has been tweaked a bit. Is this the real patch or a beta?
              |TG|Switch

Better known as:
              That noob who crashed the chopper.
              That noob who ran over the mine.
              That noob who TK'd me with a sniper rifle.
              That noob who hit that APC at 300m with light AT! Our APC...

Comment

Still just the beta. Any word when the official 1.09 build is released?

Comment

No word on the final release of 1.09 yet. The beta was released right before BIS took their Holiday break so additional work has probably only just recently picked up speed again. Maruk (BIS's CEO) posted updates to the BattleEye portion of the patch yesterday so it looks like they are active again.
                  LoyalGuard

Comment

bump
                    Sir Winston Churchill

Comment

Originally posted by Barnaby View Post
                      bump
                      "Bump"? Why?

Comment

He's asking for an official release date, I expect.
                        The trouble with the world is that the stupid are cocksure and the intelligent are full of doubt. ~
                        I have a tendency to key out three or four things and then let them battle for supremacy while I key, so there's a lot of backspacing as potential statements are slaughtered and eaten by the victors. ~
                        Feel free to quote me. ~

Comment

Originally posted by Dslyecxi View Post
                          "Bump"? Why?
                          I think Barnaby's bump refers to another post he made today or last night asking for help locating the 1.09 beta exe.
                          sigpic
                          |TG-1st|Grunt
                          ARMA Admin (retired)
                          Pathfinder-Spartan 5

Comment

Soz guys Le Bump was as ednos surmises ref the release date.

Grunt thanks for your info that got me sorted and onto server.

Cheers

EDIT
                            I had a quick load in last night just to confirm 1.09 showed which it did.
                            Do all my previous setting remain the same when I patch up?
                            I only had a quick chomp, seconds really last night but my settings didn't seem the same anymore.
                            eg crouch, speak, type etc, it might just be because I've not played for 4-5 weeks but can some one cofirm if settings do go back to default with this patch.

Thanks
                            Last edited by Barnaby; 01-18-2008, 05:16 AM.
                            Sir Winston Churchill

Comment

No settings should change Barnaby. Did you happen to choose a different user/screen name?
                              LoyalGuard

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                              X