TG ArmA Video Help

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• TG ArmA Video Help

I am looking for some help from the ArmA community to start recording clips from ArmA. I am trying to put together some video clips that will be used for recruiting as well as instructional purposes. Using WeGame and Fraps, I would like to compile the capabilities of the game as well as recording the tactics that we use here at TG.

That being said, I will make arraignments for special server use if this cannot get done while in game. We can get a group of people together on a reserved server. It can also be accomplished at one of our weekly events.

I would encourage all of you to see what can be done. Now if there is some high speed video editor in the house, by all mean contact me and we could always use the help in organizing some of the clip into something stellar!

I appreciate all the help!!
    "The chief foundations of all states, new as well as old or composite, are good laws and good arms; and as there cannot be good laws where the state is not well armed, it follows that where they are well armed they have good laws." -Machiavelli

Re: TG ArmA Video Help

Originally posted by TheBigC View Post
    I am looking for some help from the ArmA community to start recording clips from ArmA. I am trying to put together some video clips that will be used for recruiting as well as instructional purposes. Using WeGame and Fraps, I would like to compile the capabilities of the game as well as recording the tactics that we use here at TG.
    I don't think Wegame supports ArmA yet. At least I couldn't get it to work.
    Last time I looked last week, it was slated to be added sometime in the future.

Comment

Ednos said he managed to get wegame to record in-game ArmA footage. I didn't think it could either. He said he can't record sound on anything though.
      | | |

Comment

Originally posted by Atomic Dog View Post
        Ednos said he managed to get wegame to record in-game ArmA footage. I didn't think it could either. He said he can't record sound on anything though.
        That's encouraging news, it looks like it could be a good platform :)

Comment

So, just curious, has anyone been able to get wegame to record in ArmA yet, or no?

Comment

I did by tricking it into thinking it was recording CS:S. However, I had some significant problems (the video itself was jerky even though it didn't really make the game jerky; also, I still can't record sound), AND it's stopped working for no reason I can determine.

To trick it into recording ArmA, set CS:S to the lowest resolution and lowest settings possible, use DX7, use windowed mode, and leave it in the menu, then start ArmA. This no longer works, though, as stated above.
            The trouble with the world is that the stupid are cocksure and the intelligent are full of doubt. ~
            I have a tendency to key out three or four things and then let them battle for supremacy while I key, so there's a lot of backspacing as potential statements are slaughtered and eaten by the victors. ~
            Feel free to quote me. ~

Comment

I will help record once all these problems become resolved. My vids will probably be crappy though as I have a crappy computer and can barely run ArmA as is. Secondly, aren't there some ArmA clips in the TG Promo videos?

Atomic Dog: Do it, hit it with a crowbar!
              Delta: I don't have a crowbar.
              Atomic Dog: Hit it with the dog!

Ednos: I just need to man up and get ready to have a testicle removed (which is what using Vista feels like)

Comment

As soon as my new machine is built (half of it is in my possession), I'll be recording things with FRAPS, of which I own a copy. Right now, I can provide you with ten to fifteen frames with the lowest settings every second in a recording, so hold your horses.
                The trouble with the world is that the stupid are cocksure and the intelligent are full of doubt. ~
                I have a tendency to key out three or four things and then let them battle for supremacy while I key, so there's a lot of backspacing as potential statements are slaughtered and eaten by the victors. ~
                Feel free to quote me. ~

Comment

That's what I was thinking that you had done to trick it into recording ArmA, having a supported game in the process window so it seen that as it's trigger to go active.

Comment

Yeah, although I have no idea why it decided to grab it from the window I wanted. Now it just records the CS:S window though.
                    Feel free to quote me. ~

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                    X