Is it worth buying ArmA?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Is it worth buying ArmA?

I played the demo yesterday and I wasn't to impressed with the voice overs and they way the reticle moves. The aiming is very slippery and the graphics are not that great :(

Re: Is it worth buying ArmA?

The graphics are spectacular if you can run them high enough. As far as if it's worth the buy...check this thread where the same question was posed. ;)

http://www.tacticalgamer.com/armed-a...icking-up.html
    | | |

Comment

Originally posted by |TG|Marine Hotshot View Post
      I played the demo yesterday and I wasn't to impressed with the voice overs and they way the reticle moves. The aiming is very slippery and the graphics are not that great :(
      You can get rid of the "float" thing with the mouse. Check your controls.
      The trouble with the world is that the stupid are cocksure and the intelligent are full of doubt. ~
      I have a tendency to key out three or four things and then let them battle for supremacy while I key, so there's a lot of backspacing as potential statements are slaughtered and eaten by the victors. ~
      Feel free to quote me. ~

Comment

Float is annoying, so yeah..turn it off. The graphics are not amazing, but they are not bad looking at all, not once your able to crank everything up. Textures are a little flat, but there are tons of details in objects. Even the grass folds as you crawl through it.

Btw, the demo is terrible, and that's how I felt when I played it. Once you play retail, and get patched up. Game is stunning. This is a one time thing, where a game demo does not even remotely come close to what the retail game offers. 18 square miles of mappage? Come on. How many other games are that large? Infinite number of missions to do? The scale of the game is so life-like its unbelievable.

Comment

Originally posted by UnDeaD77 View Post
          18 square miles of mappage? Come on. How many other games are that large?
          ArmA has ~250km2 of land mass, or ~100 square miles.

Comment

Originally posted by Dslyecxi View Post
            ArmA has ~250km2 of land mass, or ~100 square miles.
            heh. was just about to say the same thing lol. I think Paraiso thru Somato is about 18 square miles ;)

Originally posted by Hotshot
            I played the demo yesterday and I wasn't to impressed with the voice overs and they way the reticle moves. The aiming is very slippery and the graphics are not that great
            If you could witness the severe withdrawal Im going thru from not being able to play ArmA since Dec.9.... you'd sell your sperm to buy this game.
            Dizlor

Comment

Originally posted by Gogeta View Post
              If you could witness the severe withdrawal Im going thru from not being able to play ArmA since Dec.9.... you'd sell your sperm to buy this game.
              Speaking of which, WHERE ARE YOU.

Atomic Dog: Do it, hit it with a crowbar!
              Delta: I don't have a crowbar.
              Atomic Dog: Hit it with the dog!

Ednos: I just need to man up and get ready to have a testicle removed (which is what using Vista feels like)

Comment

How many multiplayer missions do you generally get airsupport or anything like that??

(Meant to buy it a week or two ago but got a tattoo instead w/ friend...)
                "A Veteran is someone who , at one point in their life, wrote a blank check made payable to
                'The United states of America' for an amount of 'upto and including my life'. That is honor, and there are way to many people in this country who no longer understand it."-Author Unknown

"I got kicked out of barnes and noble once for moving all the bibles into the fiction section" -Any.

Comment

Originally posted by Fenian420 View Post
                  How many multiplayer missions do you generally get airsupport or anything like that??

(Meant to buy it a week or two ago but got a tattoo instead w/ friend...)
                  The bulk of the missions are made by the ArmA player community...so it's virtually infinite.

Comment

Originally posted by Delta View Post
                    Speaking of which, WHERE ARE YOU.
                    Orlando living in some godforsaken corporate condo with a freakin heated pool and NO INTERNET!!! SOB! :row__628:
                    Dizlor

Comment

Originally posted by Gogeta View Post
                      Orlando living in some godforsaken corporate condo with a freakin heated pool and NO INTERNET!!! SOB! :row__628:
                      So, go buy a Celluar modem and get online with that. They are high speed enough to play on, I just tested one out using my room mates Iphone. It's a piece of dung, but it has great internet bandwidth.
                      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Xen View Post
                        So, go buy a Celluar modem and get online with that. They are high speed enough to play on, I just tested one out using my room mates Iphone. It's a piece of dung, but it has great internet bandwidth.
                        Well, that coupled with the fact that im living with the other salesman and our warehouse manager... so Im actually living in a tiny ass bedroom with two twin beds, and no room to spare. I tried to take one bed out to make room for my desk, but I doubt Im gonna be able to get internet hooked up anyways as it has to be approved by the person who owns the condo... which I believe doesnt even live in this country.. :( Looks like its gonna be April 10th at least D:
                        Dizlor

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                        X