Get this game?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Get this game?

Ok, I'm still not convicned I want to buy this. I been playing the 1.06 demo all weeka nd having a blast, but not sure my CPU is handling it well, unless the latest patches have addressed performance?
    I'd post what my specs are, but all I can really say is, I could play CoD4 with good settings, minus decals and dynamic lighting and some of the other fancy things wihtout much problem, and could run BF2 and PR on high settings at 1078x700 resolution no problem. Really all I need is high object and skin detail, with low landscape detail and resolution and I'm good.
    Think I should get this game? I'm a tactical gamer (not community wise, just player wise) and this is almost like a PR out of the box.
    sigpic
    <a href="http://www.metro2033forum.net">metro 2033 forum</a>

Re: Get this game?

This game is better than PR out of the box. The later patches improved performance some, but not much. You should try further reducing your resolution and other settings you don't need to see if you can increase it.
    The trouble with the world is that the stupid are cocksure and the intelligent are full of doubt. ~
    I have a tendency to key out three or four things and then let them battle for supremacy while I key, so there's a lot of backspacing as potential statements are slaughtered and eaten by the victors. ~
    Feel free to quote me. ~

Comment

The demo barely convinced me to buy it too...but man, I'm glad I did. ArmA is 100 x better retail than you'll ever see in the demo, unfortunately. If you need convincing, check out the AAR's posted to this forum and then check out these vids:

http://www.stage6.com/videos/search:ArmA
      | | |

Comment

The current 1.09 runs far better than the demos. The demos have very poor performance by comparison - they're old and outdated, and probably are doing more harm than good at this point.

Comment

Ok, 'll get the Gold bundle than. I see this would be a good game to have. I'm wondering, do you guys ever just sit on once side on CTI? It's quite fun to have an Abrams, a HMMWV, and a Black Hawk just charge into each of the towns :D
          sigpic

Comment

We tend to be more Coop oriented when it comes to normal gameplay throughout the week. On certain days you may see us running TvT missions, however.
            | | |

Comment

I just got the game Delta, and am happy I did.
              Try not to get too angry at the single player like I did.
              Just for the heck of it I saw some people in the multiplayer server and jumped in, and it is so much better. Have had a lot of fun the last 2 nights.

LINKS

Stoop and you'll be stepped on; stand tall and you'll be shot at.

-Carlos A. Urbizo-

Comment

Are you related to delta just the smelly version? I dunno if I want to be calling out your callsign in game!

It's a good game, and probably fairly priced at this point. This is a bit different then PR though. I classify it more as a military sim. The world map is ginourmous as well.

[Game rules, announcements, and SOPs ][ ][ ][ ]
                "The success of what we do depends upon people valuing the team over themselves."
                - Wulfyn

Comment

Hey now. Anyhoo, I'm surprised you actually liked the demo. The demo made me want to NOT buy the game.. But I agree with everything that's been said so far. It's awesome. It is the most immersive game I've played ever. Definitely worth it.

Atomic Dog: Do it, hit it with a crowbar!
                  Delta: I don't have a crowbar.
                  Atomic Dog: Hit it with the dog!

Ednos: I just need to man up and get ready to have a testicle removed (which is what using Vista feels like)

Comment

Originally posted by DeltaFart View Post
                    Think I should get this game?
                    Yes. As soon as possible. Today.

Comment

Originally posted by SloppyJoe View Post
                      Are you related to delta just the smelly version? I dunno if I want to be calling out your callsign in game!
                      no its from cod4 the short names, couldnt fit deltsforce after clan tag and deltafarc was copywriten
                      (my typing is aatrocius b\now because my key board is on side of des k, usibg desk for homework)
                      sigpic

Comment

Is their any air to air combat what so ever??
                        "A Veteran is someone who , at one point in their life, wrote a blank check made payable to
                        'The United states of America' for an amount of 'upto and including my life'. That is honor, and there are way to many people in this country who no longer understand it."-Author Unknown

"I got kicked out of barnes and noble once for moving all the bibles into the fiction section" -Any.

Comment

Well, considering each side has aircraft with anti-air capabilities, I'll go ahead and say "yes"... I wouldn't count on air to air combat missions being played often on the server though.
                          The trouble with the world is that the stupid are cocksure and the intelligent are full of doubt. ~
                          I have a tendency to key out three or four things and then let them battle for supremacy while I key, so there's a lot of backspacing as potential statements are slaughtered and eaten by the victors. ~
                          Feel free to quote me. ~

Comment

Alright and what about calling in for CAS or specific bombing runs and things like that? Does the game have anything like laser guided munitions like theyve put in PR or is it like bf1942 for bombing?
                            "A Veteran is someone who , at one point in their life, wrote a blank check made payable to
                            'The United states of America' for an amount of 'upto and including my life'. That is honor, and there are way to many people in this country who no longer understand it."-Author Unknown

"I got kicked out of barnes and noble once for moving all the bibles into the fiction section" -Any.

Comment

Yes, there are laser guidance modules, bombing also if you prefer that, and CAS such as AH-1Z Cobras and MH-60 BlackHawks.

Atomic Dog: Do it, hit it with a crowbar!
                              Delta: I don't have a crowbar.
                              Atomic Dog: Hit it with the dog!

Ednos: I just need to man up and get ready to have a testicle removed (which is what using Vista feels like)

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                              X