X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ArmA Support And Patching Plans

ArmA Support And Patching Plans

"Where is that patch?

The patch announced in ArmA Support and Patching Plans is shaping up nicely. It took much longer than we wanted, but finally I am happy to report the work we did on VON and anti-cheat, which was the most difficult part, was successful and we will soon be closing the patch.

Besides what was planned, we have managed to include a handful of other fixes and improvements, most notable:

* Fixed compatibility issues with Vista x64 platform
    * Fixed Out Of Memory problems caused by exhausting 32b virtual address space
    * Significant optimizations with large view distances
    * AI bridge pathfinding much improved
    * Fixed a few bugs in AI target recognition both visually and aurally
    * Improved airplane turn dynamics simulation (including improved rudder simulation)
    * Fixed clipping issues with 16:9 or TrippleHead displays

Because of the multitude of changes, we plan to release one more beta patch before this work will be "good to go as final". The purpose of this beta patch, besides giving you an early opportunity of enjoying the fixes we have implemented, is to perform a broad community testing, so that we can be confident the final patch is really stable, it fixes what it intends to fix, and it does not introduce any major regressions (new problems)."

http://www.bistudio.com/developers-b...t-ii-2_en.html

LINKS

Stoop and you'll be stepped on; stand tall and you'll be shot at.

-Carlos A. Urbizo-

Re: ArmA Support And Patching Plans

I'm assuming VoIP is 100% working?

Comment

Sounds very interesting.
      BarnacleofDoom

One shot - One miss!

Comment

We shall see... I am not getting my hopes up too much.
        "The chief foundations of all states, new as well as old or composite, are good laws and good arms; and as there cannot be good laws where the state is not well armed, it follows that where they are well armed they have good laws." -Machiavelli

Comment

VOIP definitely is not working in the current beta patch. Sloppy had to restart his game this past Sunday after his VOIP bugged out.

But hey, you all probably know it's still buggy. I'm so out of date.

Comment

Glad to see this is getting somewhere, im really wanting to get back into ArmA, but gona wait until it is fully patched, cant be bothered with the half assed approach again!:(

Comment

Originally posted by Jeepo_SAS View Post
              cant be bothered with the half assed approach again!:(
              That's a bit harsh. Game works fine for most when we play. Bugs and occasional CTD are things that occur now and then in any game I've played.

Comment

BF2 has a myriad more bugs than ArmA. I mean a hundredfold more, not just a few. If you want to see absolutely terrible coding, ArmA doesn't really fit that bill when you have games like BF2 on the table.
                The trouble with the world is that the stupid are cocksure and the intelligent are full of doubt. ~
                I have a tendency to key out three or four things and then let them battle for supremacy while I key, so there's a lot of backspacing as potential statements are slaughtered and eaten by the victors. ~
                Feel free to quote me. ~

Comment

Originally posted by ednos View Post
                  BF2 has a myriad more bugs than ArmA. I mean a hundredfold more, not just a few. If you want to see absolutely terrible coding, ArmA doesn't really fit that bill when you have games like BF2 on the table.
                  BF2 may have bugs, but they aren't nearly as game breaking for people as ArmA's bugs are. That being said, ArmA works fine for me. My biggest issue is the VOIP which I can't use hardware acceleration and other effects with it.
                  |TG-12th| tHa_KhAn

XBL GT: Khan58

Comment

I'm still waiting for this game to be playable... Like you said, too many game breaking deficits along with a list of minor ones. Most notably the fact that features listed on the box still aren't functional a year after release and the game does not perform well for most players even when using systems far over the minimum specs.
                    |TG|Switch

Better known as:
                    That noob who crashed the chopper.
                    That noob who ran over the mine.
                    That noob who TK'd me with a sniper rifle.
                    That noob who hit that APC at 300m with light AT! Our APC...

Comment

On my laptop, the game was far more enjoyable than BF2 in all regards. The fact that it is THE realistic game sold me. PRM is just too much of an arcade game to even compare to ArmA.
                      The trouble with the world is that the stupid are cocksure and the intelligent are full of doubt. ~
                      I have a tendency to key out three or four things and then let them battle for supremacy while I key, so there's a lot of backspacing as potential statements are slaughtered and eaten by the victors. ~
                      Feel free to quote me. ~

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                      X