This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ArmA on Steam

Just a heads up if you're looking to buy the game, it's now on Steam.

http://www.steampowered.com/v/index....ame&AppId=2780

Re: ArmA on Steam

What the hell!!!
    Is that the new gold version (guess it doesn't matter since no one plays gambit anyway)
    I just paid $50 week before last, and they have it for $29.

LINKS

Stoop and you'll be stepped on; stand tall and you'll be shot at.

-Carlos A. Urbizo-

Comment

Messed up for you Bamboo, I might even consider getting it now.
      |TG-Irr| p.Vicious

XboxLive = TG Irr Vicious

Comment

finally!.. i bought this game, and somehow (along with bf2 and 2142) all three manuals ended up gone/missing... i love steam because if i need to redownload.. its a cinche ill see yall in game soon!
        powered by Windows 7

. . . .

Comment

just FYI... I do not believe you will be able to play the v1.09 beta via steam (but may be wrong)... it is the V1.08 and not the gold edition from what I've read....

Someone should verify before people dip into it... even thou I'm not sure TG runs the beta anymore...that could of changed too.
          Magnum |TG-18th|

We stand between chaos and order, evil and good, despair and hope - we are the Thin Blue Line, and we will never be broken.

Comment

We run the beta.
            The trouble with the world is that the stupid are cocksure and the intelligent are full of doubt. ~
            I have a tendency to key out three or four things and then let them battle for supremacy while I key, so there's a lot of backspacing as potential statements are slaughtered and eaten by the victors. ~
            Feel free to quote me. ~

Comment

Damn, much love for pointing this out, I was looking for it in stores already and couldnt find it anywhere and me already having bought things off of steam for my account this should be simple.. Ty again.
              "A Veteran is someone who , at one point in their life, wrote a blank check made payable to
              'The United states of America' for an amount of 'upto and including my life'. That is honor, and there are way to many people in this country who no longer understand it."-Author Unknown

"I got kicked out of barnes and noble once for moving all the bibles into the fiction section" -Any.

Comment

Even if it's not Gold or 1.08 patch, having the core game that you can patch up for 29 bucks os better then 39-49 bucks and still have to patch it up. Even now with the Beta Patch you have to use the Beta .exe to start the game, so I don't think this will change because of steam.
                sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Magnum50 View Post
                  just FYI... I do not believe you will be able to play the v1.09 beta via steam (but may be wrong)... it is the V1.08 and not the gold edition from what I've read....

Someone should verify before people dip into it... even thou I'm not sure TG runs the beta anymore...that could of changed too.
                  You don't know if TG uses the beta, you don't know if 1.09 works with it, but you're posting that you "do not believe you will be able to play the v1.09 beta via steam"?

Perhaps a better way to phrase your post would be to take out the first sentence with the (baseless, afaik) assumption and leave the rest?

Comment

Originally posted by Xen View Post
                    Even if it's not Gold or 1.08 patch, having the core game that you can patch up for 29 bucks os better then 39-49 bucks and still have to patch it up. Even now with the Beta Patch you have to use the Beta .exe to start the game, so I don't think this will change because of steam.
                    http://www.atari.com/us/games/armed_assault/dvd_rom

$29.95, zero problems.
                    The trouble with the world is that the stupid are cocksure and the intelligent are full of doubt. ~
                    I have a tendency to key out three or four things and then let them battle for supremacy while I key, so there's a lot of backspacing as potential statements are slaughtered and eaten by the victors. ~
                    Feel free to quote me. ~

Comment

I think what Magnum was trying to get across was the fact that a lot (not all) of downloaded games use a different patch and sometimes it takes a little more time for a patch to come out fo the downloaded version. I download a lot of games from Direct2Drive (Steam is a virus IMO) and have run into this a few times. It all depends on the game and what they are trying to patch.

Comment

lol, I was just trying to point out possible problems, to let people who say "I think with the price drop and easy steam interface, I'll finally get it and go play with my TG brothers"... and then find out that it won't support or play the v1.09 beta...

But thank you for your usual tac and level of maturity when pointing out things other people post whether right or wrong.

pathetic.
                        Magnum |TG-18th|

We stand between chaos and order, evil and good, despair and hope - we are the Thin Blue Line, and we will never be broken.

Comment

Direct2Drive is a great service, I used it myself a few times. I looked and they also have it for the same low price ArmaAssault Digital Download.
                          |TG-Irr| p.Vicious

XboxLive = TG Irr Vicious

Comment

Originally posted by Magnum50 View Post
                            lol, I was just trying to point out possible problems
                            You claimed one thing without knowledge. Be a bit more careful with your wording in the future.

But thank you for your usual tac and level of maturity when pointing out things other people post whether right or wrong.

pathetic.
                            I'm sorry, I forgot that critiquing you tends to result in an overreaction accompanied by personal insults. Keep on keeping on, Magnum. :icon14:

Comment

Nice work fellas.
                              Dizlor

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed