Saitek Command Unit

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Saitek Command Unit

I mentioned this in TS the other day and it's been so helpful I wanted to create a topic on it.

I purchased this last week:

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...82E16823175105

It's basically like having your keyboard cut in half into a hand-fitting device. The great thing about it is not just the ergonomics, but the programmability and little thumbstick joystick.

For me it's been a lot faster to get to the keys that I need and that thumbstick I use for manipulating crouch, stand, prone and freelook. It's been amazing and has been a God send for me b/c I don't have to hunt for keys anymore. The ones I need are all right there on the device within easy range.

I picked it up for $40 at Fry's Electronics but NewEgg has the same price. You'll need to download the newest drivers from their website for it to function in XP SP2. If you happen to pick it up and have any problems, lemme know and I'll help you out.

It's definitely not a necessity, but I love it and am really happy I purchased it. I'd recommend it if you've got an extra $40 sitting around and need an excuse for peripherals ;-)

Re: Saitek Command Unit

I picked up a cyber snipa gamepad for $10 on craigslist, and tried it 1 time.
    Plugged it in, loaded up PR, got into a 1st MIP squad, and while trying to remember the buttons I set, I fired an AT into the wall my hole squad was standing next to. The SL was very understanding and laughed about it, but I dropped out and unplugged it and haven't gotten around to trying it again.
    http://www.cybersnipa.com/us/product...-mouse-pad.php

LINKS

Stoop and you'll be stepped on; stand tall and you'll be shot at.

-Carlos A. Urbizo-

Comment

with the saitek unit, make sure to go to the website and get the latest drivers and software.

Comment

I use an N52 Speedpad...I love it, but that saitek has at least 6 more buttons...I might have to check it out.
        | | |

Comment

Originally posted by Bamboo View Post
          I picked up a cyber snipa gamepad for $10 on craigslist, and tried it 1 time.
          Plugged it in, loaded up PR, got into a 1st MIP squad, and while trying to remember the buttons I set, I fired an AT into the wall my hole squad was standing next to. The SL was very understanding and laughed about it, but I dropped out and unplugged it and haven't gotten around to trying it again.
          http://www.cybersnipa.com/us/product...-mouse-pad.php

LOL

My dad has that one and likes it a lot. He's like 58 and loves FPS.

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
          X