Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Airplanes with FFARs or Anything besides guided...

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Airplanes with FFARs or Anything besides guided...

Does anybody have any tips on using the FFARs or Gau in the A10 and harrier along with any other airplanes that have munitions on it that arent self guided? I can usually get the targeting guide in the general location of the target but since when you trying to hit a tank that looks like a little ant when your goin by its kinda hard keeping your sights right on it.

I use the rudder and everything to try and guide it toward its path but that only makes it go back to posistion earlier, I usually try and start lining up target at about 900-1500m away and always have target boxes over it..
    "A Veteran is someone who , at one point in their life, wrote a blank check made payable to
    'The United states of America' for an amount of 'upto and including my life'. That is honor, and there are way to many people in this country who no longer understand it."-Author Unknown

"I got kicked out of barnes and noble once for moving all the bibles into the fiction section" -Any.

Re: Airplanes with FFARs or Anything besides guided...

I get it through lots and lots of practice.
    The trouble with the world is that the stupid are cocksure and the intelligent are full of doubt. ~
    I have a tendency to key out three or four things and then let them battle for supremacy while I key, so there's a lot of backspacing as potential statements are slaughtered and eaten by the victors. ~
    Feel free to quote me. ~

Comment

Well, pretty much, if you aim, let it loose, it should hit where you originally targeted. And by that I mean, it should hit where your reticule is aimed when you shoot it. That and lots and lots of practice.

Atomic Dog: Do it, hit it with a crowbar!
      Delta: I don't have a crowbar.
      Atomic Dog: Hit it with the dog!

Ednos: I just need to man up and get ready to have a testicle removed (which is what using Vista feels like)

Comment

Oh you can still have reticules on target when like 2000m away and fire right at it and hit???
        "A Veteran is someone who , at one point in their life, wrote a blank check made payable to
        'The United states of America' for an amount of 'upto and including my life'. That is honor, and there are way to many people in this country who no longer understand it."-Author Unknown

"I got kicked out of barnes and noble once for moving all the bibles into the fiction section" -Any.

Comment

I'm not 100% accurate at 2000m, but I'm working on it.
          The trouble with the world is that the stupid are cocksure and the intelligent are full of doubt. ~
          I have a tendency to key out three or four things and then let them battle for supremacy while I key, so there's a lot of backspacing as potential statements are slaughtered and eaten by the victors. ~
          Feel free to quote me. ~

Comment

You should begin your targeting process from about 3km out then when you get to about 2km hit it with your GAU then at about 1K switch to FFAR's (If you havent killed him already) and fire a burst at it he should of been wiped out by the GAU. Make sure your not going to fast or too slow i like to hit them when i'm at about 300 knots.
            *If you like tactics
            *If you like teamwork
            *If you like "HUGE" Co-ordinated Multiplayer games
            *If you like being part of something
            *If you want to play with fun people

Join the fight at IC-ArmA

ic-arma.com Register,JoinDivision(Kingdom of Sahrani BLUFOR)

We were the people to break the persons record for armed assault we've held 130 people in a server.

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
            X