• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• This doesn't seem fair....

[media]http://youtube.com/watch?v=t0hOriMi39c&feature=related[/media]
    |TG-X|Turkish

Re: This doesn't seem fair....

Well, if you had actual pilots working on killing the C-130 it wouldn't look like that at all really. He might be able to do a pass before having to dive out of the way of AA, and other enemy air assets. I like the concept and the idea personally. We used it quite abit in Vietnam and Iraq. Is it overpowering? It very well could be if there were no enemy air assets to offset this tactical advantage.
    sigpic

Comment

I saw that video and this one shortly after they got posted on Youtube
      [media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rc7XXGFWh_M&eurl=http://www.tacticalgamer.com/armed-assault-general-discussion/112009-doesnt-seem-fair.html[/media]

Compare it to this video from real life
      [media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rAUpk0XLHK8&feature=related[/media]

LINKS

Stoop and you'll be stepped on; stand tall and you'll be shot at.

-Carlos A. Urbizo-

Comment

Wow

Comment

Takes alot longer for shells to hit in RL compared to the games version anyway..

But hell that thing is awesome i want one :P

My name: Adept a skilled or proficient person Abyss a deep, immeasurable space, gulf, or cavity
          So I'm a very skilled deep hole :D

Comment

I swear I head a guy scream at 54 seconds, just after the large gun (105mm?) hit a few men on a road...
            |TG-Irr| westyfield

Sig pic by Sonic, avatar by Chalcas. Thanks!
            Irregular since 2007.

Comment

Well that would be one hell of a job....
              "A Veteran is someone who , at one point in their life, wrote a blank check made payable to
              'The United states of America' for an amount of 'upto and including my life'. That is honor, and there are way to many people in this country who no longer understand it."-Author Unknown

"I got kicked out of barnes and noble once for moving all the bibles into the fiction section" -Any.

Comment

Nothing in life is fair, get used to it:row__523:

Comment

Originally posted by Xen View Post
                  Well, if you had actual pilots working on killing the C-130 it wouldn't look like that at all really. He might be able to do a pass before having to dive out of the way of AA, and other enemy air assets. I like the concept and the idea personally. We used it quite abit in Vietnam and Iraq. Is it overpowering? It very well could be if there were no enemy air assets to offset this tactical advantage.
                  thats the exact role of this gun ship. From level is looks just like another cargo plane, most have no indication its anything but a cargo plane. Until you see it role to its side and the guns start to blaze. 20 mm Gatling guns to 105 mm howitzers, really do not leave much for the imagination.

Sorry i just needed to put that. Overpowering in game maybe, but its made to completely screw up a plan and make the OFPR redirect support.
                  that sounds like a good idea trooper.
                  -Vulcan

Comment

The M107 is a sexy weapon but this plane is just OMFG *drool* lol

If it was in ArmA i would never get out of it

My name: Adept a skilled or proficient person Abyss a deep, immeasurable space, gulf, or cavity

Comment

You said the same thing about your closet.
                      The trouble with the world is that the stupid are cocksure and the intelligent are full of doubt. ~
                      I have a tendency to key out three or four things and then let them battle for supremacy while I key, so there's a lot of backspacing as potential statements are slaughtered and eaten by the victors. ~
                      Feel free to quote me. ~

Comment

I came out of the closet along time ago unlike you :P

Comment

Knew it....
                          "A Veteran is someone who , at one point in their life, wrote a blank check made payable to
                          'The United states of America' for an amount of 'upto and including my life'. That is honor, and there are way to many people in this country who no longer understand it."-Author Unknown

"I got kicked out of barnes and noble once for moving all the bibles into the fiction section" -Any.

Comment

As far as I know the precise purpose of the AC-130 is to be so crushingly unfair and unsportsmanlike that the other guy hangs up his glove and goes home.

But, for interesting use in game, you could have the AC-130 doing close support for troops on the ground. CoD4 used in that capacity. Maybe you could whip up a mission where the good guys need to extract prisoners through a built up area and the AC-130 is providing support?

Comment

War isnt fair. lol I doubt people are going stop using weapons just because it makes it hard for the enemy :P

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                              X