Arma vid posted in the PR forum

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Arma vid posted in the PR forum

For some reason this was just posted over in the PR forums, but I had to make sure everyone here has seen it. After watching proceed directly to your nearest ARMA shortcut, do not pass go, and I ain't given you no money.

[media]http://www.vimeo.com/807574/[/media]

I also just found my new video hosting site. The quality is amazing.
    Make sure you go to the main site to watch the high rez version, way better.

LINKS

Stoop and you'll be stepped on; stand tall and you'll be shot at.

-Carlos A. Urbizo-

Re: Arma vid posted in the PR forum

Sorry Bamboo, I beat you to it. I posted it in the thread on "Debating on getting ArmA".

Comment

How could you not give this thing it's own thread?????????????? :D

LINKS

-Carlos A. Urbizo-

Comment

Which Mod is it that has the flaming aircraft in this video? I've installed ArmaEffects which was supposed to have that but maybe it's not working correctly? I receive no errors when loading it....

Comment

Originally posted by vanity11 View Post
          Which Mod is it that has the flaming aircraft in this video? I've installed ArmaEffects which was supposed to have that but maybe it's not working correctly? I receive no errors when loading it....
          Here ya go.. kind of a bummer really... its a great addition indeed.

Originally posted by [email protected]
          * Aircraft destroyed in the air now leave a flame/smoke trail (doesn't seem to work properly in MP).
          Dizlor

Comment

Originally posted by Gogeta View Post
            Here ya go.. kind of a bummer really... its a great addition indeed.

Originally Posted by [email protected]
            * Aircraft destroyed in the air now leave a flame/smoke trail (doesn't seem to work properly in MP).
            This is correct, the smoke trails do not work in MP (unless you were the pilot of the plane when it was destroyed). The explanation why is long and complicated so if you are curious as to why let me know. There may or not be an effecient solution to the problem.
            LoyalGuard

Comment

Hey, this guy has made a second ArmA vid, its very good!

[media]http://www.vimeo.com/885483[/media]

Comment

Here is the large better rez version of the one Jeepo linked above.
                [media]http://www.vimeo.com/885411[/media]

LINKS

-Carlos A. Urbizo-

Comment

If there was a television channel about ArmA that featured highlights and clips from games, I'd probably watch it everytime I watched television.

Comment

Hmmm, that guy has a pretty goon knack at making interesting and decently cinematic vids. I hope he makes more.

Comment

Does anyone know and could please tell me what the song is in the first vid in the original post? The more I watch that vid, the more that song pulls at me and I would really like to experiment with different elements of it with guitar. But I need to figure out what it is and dig up an MP3 of it or something. Any help would be very appreciated!

Comment

Clint Mansell - Requiem for a Dream theme
                        There are many versions of it, no idea which one this is (the one with Kronos Quartet?)
                        Last edited by Vic; 04-18-2008, 02:46 AM.
                        The most dangerous thing on a battlefield is an officer with a map.

Comment

Thanks for the info, that pointed me in the right direction. The version used in the vid is apparently the same one that was done for the Two Towers movie trailer. It starts out very different, with some eerie vocals sounding somewhat like middle eastern vocals and yet it has the sound of coming out of an old phonograph player. The vid takes the song from a little over 2 minutes into it, after the vocal part.

Comment

I have a couple of versions I downloaded off I-tunes.
                            One of them is called Marion Barfs, from one of the scenes in Requiem for a Dream.
                            It is also used for 4-5 movie trailers, including the recently released on DVD Sunshine (really good movie).

LINKS

-Carlos A. Urbizo-

Comment

Itunes? What's that? Lol...

I found many versions and assorted remixes but couldn't locate this one specifically because of the way it was edited in the vid. I personally could do without the extra 2 minutes of what amounts to conflicting noise, but most of the chopped versions I found were not of very good quality and I had to keep digging to find a good rip that was unmolested. I may edit back down myself later on if I listen to it much. Of all the versions I found, this was the only one that had the drums in it and one of the few that used piano in a big way. It's a very interesting and moving piece and I think sooner or later I may get around to doing a little guitar with it, or just rewriting it altogether.

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                              X