Consolidate your knowledge for me!:)

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Consolidate your knowledge for me!:)

Hey guys, i have just last night finished downloading and installing the 1.11 patch. I was wondering what mods you guys are using, as regards sounds, tracer etc? Which ones are widsely considered to be the best?

Re: Consolidate your knowledge for me!:)

Read this forum: http://www.tacticalgamer.com/armed-a...d-discussions/

And this thread: http://www.tacticalgamer.com/armed-a...side-mods.html

I use both SixPacks, Fromz sound mod, LowPlants, Sky Replacement, TrueMods and Ammo Object Replacement.

Comment

I've been running stock since I reinstalled...looking to upgrade my sound soon though...
      sigpic
      |TG-1st|Grunt
      ARMA Admin (retired)
      Pathfinder-Spartan 5

Comment

Arma Effects - explosions are better and bullets kick up more dirt
        Andy's mags - allows you to see the actual item on the floor rather than a "parcel"
        FDF/Chammy/other sound mod - self explanatory really
        voice quiet - shuts up the ai
        true view - allows you too see over your shoulder more

are what I use but there are plenty of others out there that I'm probably missing out on some good stuff. Arma can pretty much be modded to have you playing a potato peeling game at the barracks if someone so wanted ;)
        Jex.

Comment

My set ("@ednos") is widely considered to be the best by professionals in the field. It's got ArmA Effects, NWD Scope Fix, Andy's Mags, TruMods, Chammy's Sound Mod, and a few others.
          The trouble with the world is that the stupid are cocksure and the intelligent are full of doubt. ~
          I have a tendency to key out three or four things and then let them battle for supremacy while I key, so there's a lot of backspacing as potential statements are slaughtered and eaten by the victors. ~
          Feel free to quote me. ~

Comment

@ ednos?

Comment

just what he named the folder he places them in...

My name: Adept a skilled or proficient person Abyss a deep, immeasurable space, gulf, or cavity
              So I'm a very skilled deep hole :D

Comment

Jeepo, since you are checking this thread, Grunt is rounding up the TG-X troops for some good ARMA times.
                Wink wink, nudge nudge, say no more, say no more............

LINKS

Stoop and you'll be stepped on; stand tall and you'll be shot at.

-Carlos A. Urbizo-

Comment

Wanna know something hilariously stupid? I've had ArmA for over a year and just 2 days ago figured out none of my mods were working. I was putting them into /Arma/Addons instead of /Arma

I wondered why people were freaking out over these....they all looked vanilla to me!! Holy cats is the game beautiful now.

(Although in my defense, the fact the mods were reported as "Loading" during game start-up led me to believe they really were working)

Put your mods in C:/ARMA

NOT

C:/ARMA/ADDONS/@xxxxx

Comment

Originally posted by ednos View Post
                    My set ("@ednos") is widely considered to be the best by professionals in the field. It's got ArmA Effects, NWD Scope Fix, Andy's Mags, TruMods, Chammy's Sound Mod, and a few others.
                    I'm running the same mods. I also use 6th sense tracer mod (I just can't stand the stock laser-like tracers).

Comment

I don't know if it's covered in the links Shafik gave you, but take a look here: http://www.armaholic.com/plug.php?e=faq&q=18
                      It describes 3 options to install you mods. I am using the arma launcher by Kegetys. It makes it easier to manage them.

Comment

Originally posted by Krako View Post
                        I'm running the same mods. I also use 6th sense tracer mod (I just can't stand the stock laser-like tracers).
                        For 6th Tracers, are you loading @SIX_Misc and @SIX_Tracer?

I'm loading them both but not sure if it's working or not.

Comment

I think 6th tracers needs 6th misc to run.

Comment

Rgr the SIX_MISC is the core foundation of all their addon packs so it is needed.

Comment

To get the latest, greatest, most compatible form of the tracers you need to update to SIX_Pack1 . It contains the tracers and other features like blood, bleeding, etc. (which you can turn off if you want) and you just need to put @SIX_Pack1 in the shortcut. And yes, SIX_MISC is required.
                              LoyalGuard

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                              X