Considering Arm-A

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Considering Arm-A

After playing the unpatched version i gived my hopes up for that game in the past.

But after hearing more about it, I'm willing to give it another try. I'm thinking of getting a copy of it

First I would like to thank you for your time for replying to this post :) , much appreciated.

1) I was wondering if gambit is really worth it in multiplayers ?

2) If so should I get the gold version or the steam version or d2d ?

2.5) If you get a downloaded version will you have some problem getting the beta patch applied ?

3) I have windows vista 64 bits , will it work on it ?

Thanks for your time :P

Re: Considering Arm-A

I only have experience with #2 so I will only address that:

2) I bought the D2D version and have had no problems updating and using patches. People with the Steam version are having some issues with patches. They seem to work them out in the end but D2D was very easy for me. I've been very happy with D2D.

Comment

Whats up bone, enjoyed having you in my PR squad last night.
      You do a good job with teamwork in PR so I think you would enjoy ARMA. Just know that it is a lot slower paced than PR, but I enjoy not having to spawn in and drive as fast as I can to the 1st flag or else loss the game (like you have to do in most PR maps).
      I am on Vista 64 as well, and the newest patch fixes a lot of the problems from before with 64. I have not had any problems since patching.
      Gold edition is what I have as well, and since we don't use Queens Gambit in multiplayer, probably not worth it. I got it for the single player missions, but turns out they are all pretty buggy, and multi-player is way better.

LINKS

Stoop and you'll be stepped on; stand tall and you'll be shot at.

-Carlos A. Urbizo-

Comment

I just bought the steam version a week ago and had no problems installing the 1.11 patch. For $30 I think it's a worthwhile investment, especially with more and more of the PR community getting into it.

Comment

I think getting it from Atari.com is the best option. You can download it as many times as you want for like two years.
          The trouble with the world is that the stupid are cocksure and the intelligent are full of doubt. ~
          I have a tendency to key out three or four things and then let them battle for supremacy while I key, so there's a lot of backspacing as potential statements are slaughtered and eaten by the victors. ~
          Feel free to quote me. ~

Comment

Same with Direct2Drive, I think. D2D is affiliated with FilePlanet, and uses their downloader so it's also very reliable.

Comment

From what I've been told, you only get one download with D2D. I'm no authority, though.
              The trouble with the world is that the stupid are cocksure and the intelligent are full of doubt. ~
              I have a tendency to key out three or four things and then let them battle for supremacy while I key, so there's a lot of backspacing as potential statements are slaughtered and eaten by the victors. ~
              Feel free to quote me. ~

Comment

Nope, I have downloaded a few multiple times due to my various screw-ups, lol. You only get one activation key, but you can see them or get them resent in an Email by going to the "My Account" section on the D2D site. I've downloaded 16 games from them with no problems.

Comment

Guys over here in Europa, i can only buy the thing on dvd, steam/d2d aren't available.

So my questions is, can i run this game without having the dvd in the drive all the time? I hate that you see. Or is there a working nodvd fix?

Comment

I have the Atari version among 3 other copies that I downloaded and own, and yes none of them require the CD/DVD to be in when the game is running. The only time it is used is for install and it asked a couple times for patches (the old ones).
                    "The chief foundations of all states, new as well as old or composite, are good laws and good arms; and as there cannot be good laws where the state is not well armed, it follows that where they are well armed they have good laws." -Machiavelli

Comment

Concur with BigC. I have the European 505 release which is not required in the drive while playing
                      sigpic
                      | |
                      TG ArmA Pathfinder
                      One pass haul ass - Greed kills

Comment

Originally posted by Superfast View Post
                        Guys over here in Europa, i can only buy the thing on dvd, steam/d2d aren't available.

So my questions is, can i run this game without having the dvd in the drive all the time? I hate that you see. Or is there a working nodvd fix?
                        I use Daemon tools and an image I created using Alcohol 120 (think there are pre-made images available anyway). Keeps the DVD out of the tray and tucked away safely.

The new patch though does away with the need for the DVD.
                        [CoFR] BeerHunter

You shouldn't feel bad because you're not succeeding. It's far better to feel confident that you have the ability to handle failure

Comment

You can download the game from a couple of other places.
                          I think the ARMA home page has links to at least one that is in Europe, since that is where the game Devs. are located.

LINKS

Stoop and you'll be stepped on; stand tall and you'll be shot at.

-Carlos A. Urbizo-

Comment

Just a heads up if you haven't bought it yet - check ebay first. I got my copy brand new off of Ebay for $5 including shipping. Amazing deal, and really a great game, I wish I would have known about it a lot earlier.

Comment

Damn you lucky guy, I paided 20 for it here in England. Thats around $35.
                              Before you judge a man, try walking a mile in their shoes first. That way your a mile away and you have their shoes.

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                              X