New to ArmA...

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New to ArmA...

Just picked up the game and wanted to ask a few questions.

1. I want to play some single player to learn the game and check out the campaigns. Any recommendations on difficulty levels and settings?

2. Mods, I've seen some mentioned. Any that I should make sure to use right off the bat?

3. Performance, I don't think I will have any issues with my new system but anything I should look out for?

Thanks. :)
    Last edited by AstroCat; 04-03-2008, 03:24 PM.
    Home/Gaming PC: [email protected]/Asus Rog Maximus VIII Formula/EVGA GTX 1080 SC/Corsair Vengeance LPX 16GB (2x8GB)/Corsair Carbide Quiet 600Q/Corsair RM750i/Acer XB270H 27"/BenQ G2400W 24"/Sound BVlaster ZX/Samsung 850 Pro SSDs x2/Samsung 950 Pro x1/Win10 Pro 64bit/Saitek X52/TrackIR3: Pro-TrackClip Pro/

Re: New to ArmA...

Skip the single player. It will just give you a bad opinion of the game since it is buggy and horrible.

Comment

Really, it's that bad?!
      Home/Gaming PC: [email protected]/Asus Rog Maximus VIII Formula/EVGA GTX 1080 SC/Corsair Vengeance LPX 16GB (2x8GB)/Corsair Carbide Quiet 600Q/Corsair RM750i/Acer XB270H 27"/BenQ G2400W 24"/Sound BVlaster ZX/Samsung 850 Pro SSDs x2/Samsung 950 Pro x1/Win10 Pro 64bit/Saitek X52/TrackIR3: Pro-TrackClip Pro/

Comment

SP is not the best, its true...but I enjoyed a select few of the missions. They'll give you a general feel for the game and help you figure out your key assignments...but overall El is right--jumping to MP as soon as you can will probably give you more enjoyment.

I played single player for about a month before going on MP...given what I know now I would've jumped much sooner.

Look for me in game and I'll be glad to help you out. Things are a bit on the loose side with comms and platoon leadership at the moment due to the large influx of new players getting up to speed. It can be frustrating at times as the best times in ARMA come when the platoon is tightly run and organized. Please please please get a mic and use it ....

Welcome aboard the ARMA train.
        sigpic
        |TG-1st|Grunt
        ARMA Admin (retired)
        Pathfinder-Spartan 5

Comment

I will say it again as I have in other threads. I was pretty pissed about buying the game after 2-3 frustrating days of trying single player, and on a whim jumped into the TG server, and was hooked right away. Past couple of nights I have gone back and tried some single player, and just not happy with it, so I have been jumping in empty EVO servers to get my single player fix.

LINKS

Stoop and you'll be stepped on; stand tall and you'll be shot at.

-Carlos A. Urbizo-

Comment

Regardless of "fun", Single Player is an extremely poor representation of ArmA. You'll see what it's all about as soon as you do multiplayer. It's more awesome than anything you'd imagine.

Comment

I love the single player because it's a challenge. I don't play it when I want a realistic challenge without a lot of modifications though, especially Durg's Vegetation Fix.
              The trouble with the world is that the stupid are cocksure and the intelligent are full of doubt. ~
              I have a tendency to key out three or four things and then let them battle for supremacy while I key, so there's a lot of backspacing as potential statements are slaughtered and eaten by the victors. ~
              Feel free to quote me. ~

Comment

I just picked this game up now that I can run it on Vista 64 (Thanks 1.11!). I played on a TG server back in the glory days of BF2 a few times, and my first thought when I started dinking around in ArmA was "Hey, I bet those folks over at TG play this!", so here I am.

I played around a little in SP and quickly became frustrated trying to get my squad to get into a humvee and follow me (the night mission). The sniper mission was pretty good though, took me a few tries to get the mindset right for it, but that's because I play too much COD4.

I set up a little MP 'mission' that has all the vehicles in the game layed out for me to mess around with. I've been getting decent flying the choppers, but have a ways to go.

I checked out some of the AAR's posted here and I have to say that I'm really excited about playing with you guys.

Anyways, I'll hopefully be joining you guys on your server when time allows (I work graves, in Alaska.). So if you see SA | McCheese around, go easy on me, I'm still figuring things out.

Comment

Do most people play with the crosshairs on or off? In Veteran default they are on.

Thanks.

Comment

They're on if you play TG server. They're not very accurate tho.

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                    X