ARMA 1.12 Tested

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ARMA 1.12 Tested

I think they have finally nailed the VOIP for this game. I played a brief round last night COOP with Sim HQ and the VOIP seemed pretty seamless. I love how you can easily move through your channel choices.

The only draw back was related to individuals whose mic settings are too low.

My only problem is that TVT and COOP player populations are low. I was hoping that Voip and and anti cheat would bring players back. Keeping my fingers crossed.

Re: ARMA 1.12 Tested

A ton of time and effort was put into doing VON testing for 1.09/1.11/1.12 by the players of Shack Tactical. I'm glad you feel it has paid off - it certainly has for us, and it's rewarding to see the efforts having a positive influence on other communities.

(note the 'Special Thanks' part of the changelog for 1.11/1.12)

Comment

Did the VON in 1.11 have problems? I never noticed if it did.
      "Gentlemen you can't fight in here this is the war room!"

Comment

Personally, I'm having trouble getting VON to work. I can hear everyone else just fine, and TS works perfectly, but no one can hear me speaking when I use VON.
        War is an ugly thing, but not the ugliest of things. The decayed and degraded state of moral and patriotic feeling which thinks that nothing is worth war is much worse. The person who has nothing for which he is willing to fight, nothing which is more important than his own personal safety, is a miserable creature and has no chance of being free unless made and kept so by the exertions of better men than himself.
        - John Stuart Mill

Comment

Well I had a problem today I was a gunner in a Cobra and the pilot couldn't hear me said all her could hear was the engine.

Comment

Originally posted by Dslyecxi View Post
            A ton of time and effort was put into doing VON testing for 1.09/1.11/1.12 by the players of Shack Tactical. I'm glad you feel it has paid off - it certainly has for us, and it's rewarding to see the efforts having a positive influence on other communities.

(note the 'Special Thanks' part of the changelog for 1.11/1.12)
            Thanks for all the work you guys put into the testing.

Comment

Originally posted by _Romulus_ View Post
              Personally, I'm having trouble getting VON to work. I can hear everyone else just fine, and TS works perfectly, but no one can hear me speaking when I use VON.
              I had that happen once. The solution for me was to go into the audio properties and set "sound recording" to my USB headset. Teamspeak doesn't use that setting to determine the audio input source, but ArmA does.

Comment

Several people have had that issue as well. Ken is dead on with going into the headset properties and adjusting the transmit volume. That seems to have solved it for most.
                "The chief foundations of all states, new as well as old or composite, are good laws and good arms; and as there cannot be good laws where the state is not well armed, it follows that where they are well armed they have good laws." -Machiavelli

Comment

I have the sameproblem but I don't have a USB head set so not sure what I can do about it since I have all the volume maxed out.

Comment

A couple of things I've noticed in 1.12 in that the motor bikes seem to kill you again and tanks bounce around upside down. In 1.11 this seemed to have gone away - anyone else notice this?
                    Jex.

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                    X