Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

As requested from a night of troublesome city combat ...

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• As requested from a night of troublesome city combat ...

Someone asked me to post this manual after a series of tough city battles. It is a military guide to fighting in built up areas (FIBUA).

Pretty useful, but there are quite a few bits that just aren't possible in ArmA (yet hehe).

fm-90-10-1

Yes, you need to put the HTTP and other stuff in front of it, I can't just give the link because I need 15 posts to do so.

Sorry, :)
    Last edited by TheBigC; 04-10-2008, 12:22 AM. Reason: Helped out ;)

Re: As requested from a night of troublesome city combat ...

Thanks, Beta!!

I'm getting a PDF error on those with FoxIt Reader...can someone confirm those open with Adobe?

Comment

Link:

http://www.enlisted.info/field-manua...up-areas.shtml

Note that you will have to register to view the manuals.

Edit: After registering, I still cannot access the manuals since it requires a username and password, and nothing I tried worked. I suppose maybe they have to send me something in an email to confirm the registration or something first. Has this manual been released for general distribution yet? If so, I might be able to get it off LOGSA.

Comment

There are two MOUT-related pubs that I linked in the ArmA Tactics, Techniques, & Procedures Guide. I'm on some crappy wireless right now, so I can't check to see which is which, but the links are as follows:

Military Operations in Urban Terrain (MCWP 3-35.3) - This may be the USMC-named version of the one you linked, but I can't check currently as mentioned.

Urban Operations (FM 3-06) - I believe this is the larger-scale one and is less relevant to ArmA

Part of the TTP's purpose was to take manuals like that and distill them into what was relevant to ArmA, so you may be better off simply reading it. The actual milpubs are interesting regardless, but their application is very limited - the real world is vastly different and provides enormously different possibilities compared to the virtual world we have in ArmA.

Comment

Ah, I just did a quick google search to find the file ... didn't know you needed to register.

Yeah, the stuff in it is usually not directly applicable to ArmA, but some of the concepts can be used.

Might as well read through that TTP again, once just isn't enough ;)

Comment

Damn, are we advanced or what, jsut read about 1\3 of the article scanning through the entire thing.. Some impressive techniques and knowledge behind all the things that happen and should go on..
            ArmA doesnt have any concussion type stuff though does it? Like if you were firing a RPG in a enclosed building or anything.. I know it has backblast in it,
            "A Veteran is someone who , at one point in their life, wrote a blank check made payable to
            'The United states of America' for an amount of 'upto and including my life'. That is honor, and there are way to many people in this country who no longer understand it."-Author Unknown

"I got kicked out of barnes and noble once for moving all the bibles into the fiction section" -Any.

Comment

Just so you guys know, here is a copy of the FM90-10-1 manual on GlobalSecurity.org, which is a reliable site I use regularly:

http://www.globalsecurity.org/milita...0-1/index.html

Comment

Heh, this is why Im trying to go into the air force, If I was ever in the Army or Marines I'd be making myself read every single article on ground warfare I saw. (Not saying AF doesnt have alot of readings like these, would be guessing Navy even has a bunch)
                "A Veteran is someone who , at one point in their life, wrote a blank check made payable to
                'The United states of America' for an amount of 'upto and including my life'. That is honor, and there are way to many people in this country who no longer understand it."-Author Unknown

"I got kicked out of barnes and noble once for moving all the bibles into the fiction section" -Any.

Comment

Most of the branches have similar manuals. Some are even duplicates with just a different name at the top and a different designation. The Air Force should actually have quite a few ground tactics manuals since not all of them fly and there is always the training for pilots who are shot down, which I am told is quite extensive and sometimes harsh. If you really want a feel hell, I have a friend who is a former SEAL that puts on an abbreviated BUDs course for those who want to know if they could make it as a SEAL. I could hook you up, but it's expensive, lol.

http://www.extremesealexperience.com/

Comment

ArmA doesnt have any concussion type stuff though does it? Like if you were firing a RPG in a enclosed building or anything.. I know it has backblast in it,
                    ArmA doesn't actually simulate backblast.

ACE, on the other hand, does. ACE also simulates overpressure, and we have a system in place to simulate firing an anti-tank weapon in an enclosed area. It's pretty cool. :)

Comment

Originally posted by Dslyecxi View Post
                      ArmA doesn't actually simulate backblast.

ACE, on the other hand, does. ACE also simulates overpressure, and we have a system in place to simulate firing an anti-tank weapon in an enclosed area. It's pretty cool. :)
                      Oh well that's just all sorts of awesome!!

*btw, I thought ArmA did have a danger-zone behind the M136 and RPG?

Comment

Originally posted by vanity11 View Post
                        *btw, I thought ArmA did have a danger-zone behind the M136 and RPG?
                        Nope, there's no danger from backblast in ArmA. You can put your eyeball up to the back of the launcher when it fires and be completely A-OK. Try doing that in ACE, though, and things will turn out differently. ;)

Comment

I'm pumped about the over-pressure simulation. No more firing rockets from inside buildings!

To be honest, I was completely unaware of that in reality until I saw it on FutureWeapons. Yah, yah, that show is awful...but I like to watch it in bed

Comment

Originally posted by Dslyecxi View Post
                            ...Try doing that in ACE...
                            I would like to... When is it coming out?

Comment

Originally posted by Krako View Post
                              I would like to... When is it coming out?
                              It's not too far away. The current alpha is really, really far along.

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                              X