Arggghhh

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Arggghhh

OK OK... I'm working on it, but so far I HATE this game.

Can't hit anything. Die everywhere. Can't move well. Driving me crazy.

I wish I had bought it in the store instead of on Steam so that I would have the manual, looking up commands and the like takes forever without the manual, so this just sucks.

It is just so different from CS and all the other first person shooters that it is taking me forever to learn.

Doing the campaign and the sniper mission at the beginning... i can't hit anything. I know... wind, gravity, etc... but of course they hit me - in the bushes without sniper rifles very well... and I thought I had the difficulty on a lower setting.

Can't seem to get the tab (change target?) to work, etc...

Oh well... this is more venting than anything. I want to at least have some idea how to play before I get on and die pittifully in 2 seconds with you all.
    "Sympathy means a lot, coming from Kulmar. I didn't think it was possible.
    Good luck getting rid of your disease. If you're infected, though, stay away--I can't afford to be a zombie right now.
    " Ednos

sigpic

Re: Arggghhh

Arma is a great game, the single player missions are a bit boring and stupid if you ask me (the a.i are super shots). give it some time it will grow on you i guess, and have your TG brethren show you the ropes ;).

Comment

I'm sure I will... it is just amazing just how pathetic I seem to be on this game so far. Can't get the hang of it... part of it is getting FPS down (think that is ok now) and taking off that float (thanks to however in CS told me about that).
      Good luck getting rid of your disease. If you're infected, though, stay away--I can't afford to be a zombie right now.
      " Ednos

sigpic

Comment

Pick when you have some free time and I can walk you through on a practice server to show you some things that may get you transitioned easier...
        "The chief foundations of all states, new as well as old or composite, are good laws and good arms; and as there cannot be good laws where the state is not well armed, it follows that where they are well armed they have good laws." -Machiavelli

Comment

Originally posted by Skylark View Post
          I'm sure I will... it is just amazing just how pathetic I seem to be on this game so far. Can't get the hang of it... part of it is getting FPS down (think that is ok now) and taking off that float (thanks to however in CS told me about that).

you can take off the float? (i assume we are talking about the same thing? when you move your mouse, and the x-hairs move across the screen, instead of staying centred and the whole screen moving?)

how?

:D

Comment

In the options. It's called freelook or something like that. Put the slider all the way to the left to turn it completely off.

Comment

Standard Dslyecxi reply follows. ;)

ArmA Tactics, Techniques, and Procedures Guide. It's a nice start - should familiarize you with a lot of the concepts of ArmA-style combat, especially if this is your first time with such a game.

Comment

Originally posted by Skylark View Post
                ...I want to at least have some idea how to play before I get on and die pittifully in 2 seconds with you all.
                Don't even worry about that. ditch the singleplayer mode and come play with us. When you join a game, just make sure your fireteam leader knows you're new to this and he will help you out. Or ask me and I'll help the best I can, being fairly new to this game myself.

Comment

1) in the training thing... when I went to do the obstacle course.. had trouble moving. I ran toward the up and over thingy (that is a technical term, btw) and I would drift over and off of it. Took the float off (as mentioned) and that helped.
                  2) Had to play with mouse sensitivity for rifles... still don't like how I have it set... doesn't move very well.. not sure if that is a normal thing or my system thing. NOTHING like it was on CS or GR... hard to aim well (if that is supposed to be realistic.. cool. There was something in the commands about hold down right button to 'hold breath' - thinking that might be like in america's army to stablize your aim I tried it and it didn't work I also put all the punctuation from #2 here onto the floor by my computer)
                  3) Tank training... I had a problem the first three times I tried to do this training. When it got to the part where you are the commander, I was booted OUT of the tank somehow. I was not able to get back INTO the tank. I was just walking around outside while someone would say "commander, get back into that tank" or whatever it was. Restarting it THREE TIMES and finally it worked - I was IN the commander position. Shesh.

Just a few things so far... I will take your advice and join up on multiplayer... if I can figure out how to find and join up on the server.
                  " Ednos

sigpic

Comment

yeah thats a glitch I have had that happen before when I did that training
                    "Gentlemen you can't fight in here this is the war room!"

Comment

I can not join the TG server...
                      "Bad version, server rejected connection"

working on figuring that out. I installed the 1.12 patch or whatever... mmm
                      " Ednos

sigpic

Comment

If you're new to ArmA, the learning curve is at least a week (IMO). I've been playing First Person Shooters since Doom in 8th grade. ArmA severely frustrated me at first too, don't worry. It takes a long time to get used to and that's normal.

The difficulty and depth pays off though. It's awesome fun.

Comment

So when was that new players training night planned for again?

LINKS

Stoop and you'll be stepped on; stand tall and you'll be shot at.

-Carlos A. Urbizo-

Comment

Agreed, the instruction can be a little loose, and omit certain controls, not to mention it's a lot to take in and use in game. A TGU style "Basic Training" would be nice to explain the controls, commands, comms, and how the menus work online.

Comment

Dont even play single player.. The only single player I play is on MP servers with evo unlocked.. SP seems to lag alot more and if your graphics are set higher than they should be your gonna be gettin atleast 20 less fps. Joining TG server would probably be best way to learn, usually everybody in there is nice and willing to help you out.. For controls best way to learn them is to make them yourself,
                              "A Veteran is someone who , at one point in their life, wrote a blank check made payable to
                              'The United states of America' for an amount of 'upto and including my life'. That is honor, and there are way to many people in this country who no longer understand it."-Author Unknown

"I got kicked out of barnes and noble once for moving all the bibles into the fiction section" -Any.

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                              X