How the heck do I plant a satchel charge

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How the heck do I plant a satchel charge

I'm pretty new to this game (mil sim, whatever...) and am running through the single player campaign. I'm doing the mission where I'm supposed to plant a satchel charge in the middle of the street on a crosswalk, in wait of an incoming supply column. However, I can't seem to place the charge. I select it using middle-mouse, and my field of view gets a red "X" in it and my guy kneels automatically. However, I can't "do" the satchel charge plant. I press ENTER (all my keys are default) and - nothing. Shortly thereafter the column comes in and I get obliterated.

Anyone have any idea what I'm doing wrong? I feel like a total n00b!

NC

Re: How the heck do I plant a satchel charge

I feel your pain. I haven't even gotten that far yet. I'm glad I downloaded this thing through steam. If I had bought it... I would have broken the disc in my teeth by now.
    "Sympathy means a lot, coming from Kulmar. I didn't think it was possible.
    Good luck getting rid of your disease. If you're infected, though, stay away--I can't afford to be a zombie right now.
    " Ednos

sigpic

Comment

The FIRST time you hit the satchel key, he drops the satchel. Then scroll through your mouse to choose detonation options.

You're dropping your satchel and the detonator. The RED X means you dropped both.

Comment

Yea I just use the scoll menu for droppin satchel, first click puts it down where you stand, then you can set a timer for it or run off and 'Touch Satchel' or w\e is to detonate it.
        "A Veteran is someone who , at one point in their life, wrote a blank check made payable to
        'The United states of America' for an amount of 'upto and including my life'. That is honor, and there are way to many people in this country who no longer understand it."-Author Unknown

"I got kicked out of barnes and noble once for moving all the bibles into the fiction section" -Any.

Comment

You are setting the satchel. Once you select plant satchel from the scroll menu it will place it one the ground..the red X you see is a shorcut command to deactivate the satchel. Just set the satchel and if you open the scroll menu again you should see a list of new options..if your near the satchel you can set the timer, (time is increased by 30secs each click) or 'Touch Off Satchel/s'. Just set it move away and watch the fireworks..but stay within 100m of Satchel..Simple as that :)

My name: Adept a skilled or proficient person Abyss a deep, immeasurable space, gulf, or cavity
          So I'm a very skilled deep hole :D

Comment

Aha! Thanks for the info. I'll try this out tonight.

Comment

Originally posted by NippleCorn View Post
              I'm pretty new to this game (mil sim, whatever...) and am running through the single player campaign. I'm doing the mission where I'm supposed to plant a satchel charge in the middle of the street on a crosswalk, in wait of an incoming supply column. However, I can't seem to place the charge. I select it using middle-mouse, and my field of view gets a red "X" in it and my guy kneels automatically. However, I can't "do" the satchel charge plant. I press ENTER (all my keys are default) and - nothing. Shortly thereafter the column comes in and I get obliterated.

Anyone have any idea what I'm doing wrong? I feel like a total n00b!

NC
              Welcome to TG Armed Assault guys. I'm glad you found us. Have fun on Singler player by all means but be advised Multiplayer is where it's at for this game. There are some fun missions in SP, and they are helpful in getting to know the commands etc, but the true beauty in this game comes out when interacting with live players on a coop or player vs. player mission.

The TG ARMA server has been very popular over the last 5 or 6 weeks and I invite your participation with us as soon as you are able. Just make sure you tell us your new and we'll help you out...also ...make sure you have a mic please.

See you in Sahrani!
              sigpic
              |TG-1st|Grunt
              ARMA Admin (retired)
              Pathfinder-Spartan 5

Comment

Yep, I've already played once a couple of weekends ago online with TG. I'm using the SP missions/campaign as a training ground. I'm still not entirely used to the controls, etc.

I'm actually an old TG player that goes back to the original CS days, and I also played a lot of Ghost Recon with TG. So, I'm totally in agreement that MP is where it's at! I haven't been able to play for the past couple of years due to overwhelming personal reasons, but I'm now back at a place in my life where I can devote a little bit of time to fun online games. :-)

See you all around,

NC

Comment

Thought ive seen your name around CS. You play any of the surf maps at all?
                  "A Veteran is someone who , at one point in their life, wrote a blank check made payable to
                  'The United states of America' for an amount of 'upto and including my life'. That is honor, and there are way to many people in this country who no longer understand it."-Author Unknown

"I got kicked out of barnes and noble once for moving all the bibles into the fiction section" -Any.

Comment

Hmmm, I don't recall...it's been what, 4 years since I played CounterStrike? I mean the one based on the original HL engine, not the one based on HL2.

And I was pretty much wasted 24x7 back in those days... :-0 ... so my powers of recollection are indeed a bit hazy...

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                    X