Check out this posting on PR.com

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Check out this posting on PR.com

So I was checking out the off topic forum on http://www.realitymod.com, and look what thread was just posted there:

Arma 1.12 on TG is AWESOME
    http://www.realitymod.com/forum/f11-...g-awesome.html

Feel free to post over there to drum up more players :P

Anyone else notice most nights the server is full? Kind of hard to play lately?
    Good things might be happening on that front. ;)

LINKS

Stoop and you'll be stepped on; stand tall and you'll be shot at.

-Carlos A. Urbizo-

Re: Check out this posting on PR.com

Good to see we're still drumming up new players. I was a PR player since the .2 release...typically there was a solid ArmA following there but hopefully with 1.12 fixes we'll pull more that were hesitant to jump

Comment

Good stuff!! Keep the recruiting up!!

As for not being able to connect, there is always the possibility of putting a second server online, should the numbers continue!
      "The chief foundations of all states, new as well as old or composite, are good laws and good arms; and as there cannot be good laws where the state is not well armed, it follows that where they are well armed they have good laws." -Machiavelli

Comment

Wasn't there a second TG ArmA server on the list about a month ago?

Comment

There was one full time there for a while. But now there is just the reserved server for private events.
          "The chief foundations of all states, new as well as old or composite, are good laws and good arms; and as there cannot be good laws where the state is not well armed, it follows that where they are well armed they have good laws." -Machiavelli

Comment

Hehe, I was asking questions in that PR thread and Bamboo pointed me in the right direction.
            I have a few questions:
            If I buy it off steam I can play on the TG server, right? I see that some of you live in Virginia/NoVA area, I also do. Is there any place locally that i can get a copy?

If the volume of players keep increasing, will there be a possibility of a larger server or second server?

thanks

Comment

Yeah man, I am in alexandria near old town, and I saw it at best buy.
              But it was the gold copy that is $50, and really right now for the multiplayer you only need the reg. $30 box or the one from steam and direct to drive.

Also, one of my squad mates just left to go get it at target. Might want to call ahead and see if they have any in stock before you go.

Post back if you have any questions about patching it properly.

LINKS

-Carlos A. Urbizo-

Comment

Originally posted by Bamboo View Post

Also, one of my squad mates just left to go get it at target. Might want to call ahead and see if they have any in stock before you go.
                Do you know which target? I have searched at 1 target before, but they didn't have it. I'd like to buy it locally as I know it is cheaper. I have also heard of some people being able to find it at Wal-mart in the bargain bin for like $10.

Comment

I doubt you will find it cheaper than the downloadable version. I haven't seen anything but the gold version in stores, so they may have pulled the original game off the market to boost the gold version sales.

Comment

will you guys move to or play the IMW mod when it comes out? Cause I know I will need QG to play that so if you guys decide to play IMW then I might as well pick up the gold version.

Comment

Could always buy it used for like $12 from amazon
                      I would call to make sure you get the booklet so you can have the restirgation code and stuff.
                      http://www.amazon.com/s?ie=UTF8&tag=...Mozilla-search

LINKS

-Carlos A. Urbizo-

Comment

I'm in Fairfax about 20 minutes away from the server itself and I've seen copies in GameStop and Best Buy. Its 30$ I think.

Comment

^thanks.

Arghh, just called target and they just dropped my call. Then I called bestbuy to find out they open at 11. Now I'll call gamestop.

Comment

Hey Jimmy, what area in Fairfax in general?
                            There was a post in the General forum a while back and turns out there are a lot of TG guys in NOVA.

LINKS

-Carlos A. Urbizo-

Comment

A couple of us really like Direct2Drive for downloading the game. I couldn't find it at any stores here and I'm in the Chicago Metro area. Even though the game is huge, I downloaded it in about 30 minutes. The connection was ultra-fast.

Not sure about the manual that comes with the boxed version, but following the trends of most games, I'd assume the manual is a worthless 5 page that doesn't help much.

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                              X