Need some more new maps on the TG server

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Need some more new maps on the TG server

we are seriously running out of maps to do Co-Op on,... need some maps for more people around the 30 range so that we can complete some more missions.
    all in favour say Aye

Re: Need some more new maps on the TG server

That sounds great and all, but we are already running 150+ missions on the server. Granted some of them are not above 20 players. As for adding more, convince your fellow gamers to start making them. I have virtually all playable mission downloaded and vetted that are out there. The team here will go through almost all published mission and test for playability. Some just are too buggy to be viable here at TG. So just because it is out there, it may not be loaded to be played in the rotation here.

Unless you all create more, there will never be more content.
    "The chief foundations of all states, new as well as old or composite, are good laws and good arms; and as there cannot be good laws where the state is not well armed, it follows that where they are well armed they have good laws." -Machiavelli

Comment

I have some that are almost ready for prime time.

Comment

Originally posted by him_j View Post
        we are seriously running out of maps to do Co-Op on,... need some maps for more people around the 30 range so that we can complete some more missions.
        all in favour say Aye
        I'm going to see if I can start working on some again. I'm not that good with the scripting side of things but i'm sure I can make some interesting maps. So when I have time I will get on that and hopefully the TG guys will like them.

If you guys want to post the types of missions that you like let me know and I will see what I can do.
        Last edited by Jakerod; 04-13-2008, 01:58 AM.

Comment

I've asked Dslyecxi if he could share some of the ShackTac missions with you guys. Maybe you too could remind/ask him?
          The most dangerous thing on a battlefield is an officer with a map.

Comment

I am also grappling with the MP scripting demon.

Once I get the lousy JIP part worked out, I have a mission that could work. Plus, I would be able to make a bunch of similar missions (with the same basic features) quite quickly.

It is a simple TvT mission, maximum of 66 players, minimum recommended of about 20 or so. The "features" include: restricted weapons loadouts (no sniper-rocket-man from bezerk), armoured vehicles only operable by crewmen, a time-limited (30 minutes) objective (to destroy a bridge), and I am looking at a 150 second respawn.

If all goes well with the current test build, it might be ready by next weekend. Would really like to play some more TvT.

I know a lot of people only want to play a non-respawn TvT, but I think that trying to get a public server to play a 20v20 non-respawn TvT (without killing the server population in the process) is a little much to ask. As long as dying is significantly annoying, I think people will be more inclined to listen to your leader.

Some more Coop maps would be great too, I think they are an excellent and invaluable tool to teach new players how to do things and to let the various leaders (from team leaders all the way to platoon leaders) get some experience. However, I think where ArmA would truly shine would be in a large-scale TvT.

Hope some other people share the same beliefs.

Comment

I'd still like to see a txt document with a 1-line synopsis of each mission. We've got mission titles to choose from when you're an admin, but they don't tell you very much about the mission.

If we had a doc to buzz through it'd be a lot easier choosing new missions.

Comment

That would be fantastic, but is impossible. I can do that for inhouse made missions, but unless the mission maker has a text document with their .pbo file, there is no was to get a description or synopsis. The only way this would be close to a reality is every time someone changes to a mission, they right down what it is about. We have done that for some, but not enough to make a dent in the complete listing.
                "The chief foundations of all states, new as well as old or composite, are good laws and good arms; and as there cannot be good laws where the state is not well armed, it follows that where they are well armed they have good laws." -Machiavelli

Comment

I could spend some time in the mornings as an admin loading up missions and writing down key details. It wouldn't take too long I wouldn't think.

Just need to make sure the server is empty.

Comment

I am working on updating this post: Custom Missions on the Tactical Gamer Servers which does give a small synopsis but the process is very tedious. I hope to have it updated this week.
                    LoyalGuard

Comment

sounds good thanks for the update!

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed