Music + Arma = Nirvana (not the band)

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Music + Arma = Nirvana (not the band)

If ever I play a game now I always turn the in game music off totaly and stick my mp3 player into the line in and play my music in through that. I was just wondering if anyone else did the same. I find that garage rock bands are quite good to listen to while on arma like The Hives or Mando Diao. I also stick Rage Against the Machine on sometimes and Foo Fighters, they are quite good. The only problem is that when there is gunfire i cant hear it quite as easily, but its worth it especially when your travelling long distances.
    Damn I just realised I put this in the wrogn forum.
    Last edited by alexandermottram; 04-16-2008, 03:19 AM. Reason: Because Im and idiot?
    Before you judge a man, try walking a mile in their shoes first. That way your a mile away and you have their shoes.

Re: Music + Arma = Nirvana (not the band)

my Playlist includes..............

Rise Against
    Aerosmith
    Rob Zombie
    Godsmack
    Lamb of God
    Slayer
    RHCP
    Non-Point
    Sum 41
    Amy Winehouse
    Evenescence
    Less than Jake

Comment

What was the Crazy Big Mod that allowed music in the Vehicles (Helo's specifically)? It was quite a rush to throw on the Stone's (I think it was "Sympathy for the Devil") while flying a blackhawk in under fire... seems the helo flew a bit smoother when the music was jamming (or was it the pilot?)...
      |TG|ARMA Pathfinder
      ..now where did I put my keys?

Comment

I know guys that do listen to music while gaming, but I feel it takes away from the immersion.
        Like last weekend when we were doing some TvT, running around in the middle of a town, 2 bad guys against me, and my ears are straining for every single little noise like footsteps and such.
        With music on, you would completely miss that.

LINKS

Stoop and you'll be stepped on; stand tall and you'll be shot at.

-Carlos A. Urbizo-

Comment

Originally posted by Bamboo View Post
          I know guys that do listen to music while gaming, but I feel it takes away from the immersion.
          Like last weekend when we were doing some TvT, running around in the middle of a town, 2 bad guys against me, and my ears are straining for every single little noise like footsteps and such.
          With music on, you would completely miss that.
          Thats why I don't listen to music also. But I'd like an easy way to listen during insertion and extraction times.

Comment

yeah...i dont like tunes when i play, as it takes away from mu situation awareness...but i think a squadron of helos with "paint it black" blasting would be SWEET!

Comment

Agreed, I turn off all in game music and don't have any other music playing in the background. I learned while playing America's Army and buying a nice shiny new sound card how important surround sound and the slightest noise can be in helping with your situational awareness.

Comment

I have a new zune so if I hear fire i just give it a quick flick and its off, thast the great thing about using line in compared to having music on all the time. Sticky jeans some good and bad taste there "Amy Winehouse", come on what are you playing at. But i suggest you all try playing it a little to "The Hives" preferably the album Tyrannosaurus Hive. Anyway Im just about to hop on teh server.
                Before you judge a man, try walking a mile in their shoes first. That way your a mile away and you have their shoes.

Comment

Music is fun when you're "rolling in", listening to something that sounds badass. Having it controlled separately, via keyboard shortcuts, a separate device, or using a custom script, usually affords you the situational awareness you need.

What I want is the music from ArmA so I can listen to it while I'm not playing. Does anyone know how I can acquire it from the game files other than recording a movie of the menu screen and dumping the audio?
                  The trouble with the world is that the stupid are cocksure and the intelligent are full of doubt. ~
                  I have a tendency to key out three or four things and then let them battle for supremacy while I key, so there's a lot of backspacing as potential statements are slaughtered and eaten by the victors. ~
                  Feel free to quote me. ~

Comment

Usually no music, but when/if I feel like listening to some tunes while playing D.A.D works very well :)
                    Your mouse has moved, please restart windows for the change to take effect.

Comment

You can also use the Hulk Ogg Player

I can't get custom music working but I'm sure you can.

http://www.armaholic.com/page.php?id=1980

TheCityLife.webs.com

Comment

I tried playing some Classic Rock, my favorite genera, a few days ago during a mission. It didn't work out so well, couldn't really hear the briefing or the SL's and my FTL's orders over the awesomeness of Zeplin ;P. Maybe next time I'll just use my ipod during the less chatty parts of the mission or something.
                        "Today's public figures can no longer write their own speeches or books, and there is some evidence that they can't read them either." -- Gore Vidal

|TG| Jaman

Comment

Originally posted by ednos View Post
                          What I want is the music from ArmA so I can listen to it while I'm not playing. Does anyone know how I can acquire it from the game files other than recording a movie of the menu screen and dumping the audio?
                          This, perhaps?

Comment

The best music to listen to while playing Armed Assault is Drone:

[media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vtnG6EHh1N4[/media]

Comment

Thanks, Shafik. That's exactly what I was looking for.
                              The trouble with the world is that the stupid are cocksure and the intelligent are full of doubt. ~
                              I have a tendency to key out three or four things and then let them battle for supremacy while I key, so there's a lot of backspacing as potential statements are slaughtered and eaten by the victors. ~
                              Feel free to quote me. ~

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                              X