TG server ranked 3rd...

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• TG server ranked 3rd...

Congrats and very nice TG... alot of hard work from the admins paid off, number 3 in the gametracker ranking for ArmA:

http://www.gametracker.com/?tab=_top&tab_page=7

I see people online playing co-op almost 24/7... 4 in the morning 8 people or so, afternoon 12 or so, and of course evenings...full servers... very impressive. ;)
    Magnum |TG-18th|

We stand between chaos and order, evil and good, despair and hope - we are the Thin Blue Line, and we will never be broken.

Re: TG server ranked 3rd...

Out of the top 3, we're the only server NOT running a persistent mission. Kudos to all!

Comment

Thank the great players here at TG that play the game, they are the ones who we support. Without them, the admins would have no jobs...

Plus server 2 is catching up fast!!

Server 1

Server 2
      "The chief foundations of all states, new as well as old or composite, are good laws and good arms; and as there cannot be good laws where the state is not well armed, it follows that where they are well armed they have good laws." -Machiavelli

Comment

That's awesome guys, well done. Do you think it'll be a similar story at the start of June when I get my hands on this game?

Comment

What do you think was the biggest factor in this? I don't think it's even vaguely coincidental that VON was fixed in 1.12 and suddenly TG grew dramatically in popularity.

Comment

I believe the other factors involved are password removal, quick adoption of the new beta patches, and giving a solid selection of no/limited respawn missions.
            LoyalGuard

Comment

I believe the other factors involved are password removal, quick adoption of the new beta patches, and giving a solid selection of no/limited respawn missions.
              To expound a bit on the TS/VON issue, the current TG TS system with the requirement to have a TG forum account to use the Teamspeak server is a massive entry barrier for a public server. I'd wager that the desire was there to have teamplay and such on the TG server prior to 1.12, but without the ability to easily do so, it was unable to reach any sort of critical mass. VON provided that, and the rest is easy to see.
              Last edited by TheBigC; 04-17-2008, 05:48 PM. Reason: keeping the peace...

Comment

I don't know ... the VON IS amazing now.

Buuut .. I've been on a few 1.11 (and 1.12) servers that were just as bad as 1.08 servers.

Why? NO ONE was talking ... there was no communication.

I think the reason this server is doing so well, is that the players who play on it are making USE of the VON and communicating.

Comment

Agreed, I believe the ArmA server has grown in popularity for the same reason the PR server is the most popular and that's the quality of players at TG. Not only TG members, but like minded players who gravitate to us. It sets the stage for teamplay as it was intended and contrary to the "popular demand" that the game manufacturers keep hounding about when they put out a very arcade feeling game, the popularity of teamplay and coordination in a simulation environment seems to be growing by leaps and bounds.

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                  X