Which version

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Which version

Should i buy retail or get it thru steam. Also should i get the expansion pack or what.
    |TG-6th|SirNerd

My Resume includes Pirate, Mercenary, and a Devil Dog, what else do you want.

Pain is Inevitable, Suffering is Optional.

When you can't run anymore, you crawl and when you can't do that, you find someone to carry you.

Re: Which version

I would not stress the expansion pack, so save yourself some money. As for where to buy it, that is all personal preference. It seems to work either way.
    "The chief foundations of all states, new as well as old or composite, are good laws and good arms; and as there cannot be good laws where the state is not well armed, it follows that where they are well armed they have good laws." -Machiavelli

Comment

I always prefer buying the retail in-box version of games, rather than through digital distribution. Re downloading games after a reformat are a pain, and the initial download is pretty long too. Though you can't lose the disc with dig dis because well you don't have a disk :P. Also, dig dis games are easier on your disk drive.
      "Today's public figures can no longer write their own speeches or books, and there is some evidence that they can't read them either." -- Gore Vidal

|TG| Jaman

Comment

What does the expansion really offer.
        |TG-6th|SirNerd

My Resume includes Pirate, Mercenary, and a Devil Dog, what else do you want.

Pain is Inevitable, Suffering is Optional.

When you can't run anymore, you crawl and when you can't do that, you find someone to carry you.

Comment

i got mine from D2D. i would reccomend that rather than steam, only cuz with steam, you have to have steam running in the background to run the game, and i dont want to waste CPU power running anything i dont need to. its the same reason i always run TS on my laptop and not my gaming rig. ;)

Comment

Get the retail version through ebay. You can get it brand new for about $5 shipping included.

Comment

Originally posted by Redd_Wiggler View Post
              i got mine from D2D. i would reccomend that rather than steam, only cuz with steam, you have to have steam running in the background to run the game, and i dont want to waste CPU power running anything i dont need to. its the same reason i always run TS on my laptop and not my gaming rig. ;)
              Nah, Im never running steam with the game going. I think its just the actual game without the new patch that you need steam to be running, when I have the patch edition running I see no steam in the background running on the ctrl alt del thing,
              "A Veteran is someone who , at one point in their life, wrote a blank check made payable to
              'The United states of America' for an amount of 'upto and including my life'. That is honor, and there are way to many people in this country who no longer understand it."-Author Unknown

"I got kicked out of barnes and noble once for moving all the bibles into the fiction section" -Any.

Comment

Originally posted by TactiKill Jay View Post
                Get the retail version through ebay. You can get it brand new for about $5 shipping included.
                yup, do it thru ebay. Got mine for $12.50 shipped. It should be coming here tommorrow!

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                X