A little concerned

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A little concerned

Tonight was probably one of the worst nights I had playing ARMA online for many diffrent reasons but the main one I will post. I'm not sure if it was part of the mission which I doubt it was but in mid mission someone started playing a sound clip from the movie blackhawk down effectively jamming communications.

I'm just gonna say this to get it off my chest. This is not Half-Life 2 or any source mods we do not want to here your movie clips techno garbage during gameplay! If I knew who did it I would have reported it to the admin after the mission.

But like I said not sure if it was related to the mission as far as I can remember I did not see anyone's name showing up while it was playing other than Shafik telling who ever it was to stop doing it. The sound clip continued to play until it was finished so Thats kinda why I'm thinking it was possibly a part of the mission.

But anyway I thought I would post my concern about that.
    "Gentlemen you can't fight in here this is the war room!"

Re: A little concerned

It may have been a trigger inside the game itself. If you remember the time and/or mission I can check it out. As for issues with a player, do not hesitate to contact any of the admins in or out of game to resolve player issues.
    "The chief foundations of all states, new as well as old or composite, are good laws and good arms; and as there cannot be good laws where the state is not well armed, it follows that where they are well armed they have good laws." -Machiavelli

Comment

I've not noticed this behaviour on the TG server but I've seen it plenty on other's. It's annoying, no two ways about it and what people think is cool to listen to is not a consensus of opinion.

I have thought about using sound bites but for a more tactical use (e.g. Frag out, enemy spotted,) but quite frankly, with von working it's faster to just say it than 0-9-9 or whatever it is. My guess is that it's kids who are using these sound clips.

I think that as a regular player at TG, we're somewhat responsible for keeping the server the way we like to play it. We vote in an admin and that admin can kick players off. However, I haven't seen anyone who's really deserved to be kicked yet - when we are running with good SL and FTL people tend to tow the line.
      Jex.

Comment

ArmA has this neat feature where you can play sounds over VON (although I've never bothered to figure out how it actually works). The only protection against this feature is the mute player feature. Press "P", select the player name, and click "mute" if they're being a problem.
        The trouble with the world is that the stupid are cocksure and the intelligent are full of doubt. ~
        I have a tendency to key out three or four things and then let them battle for supremacy while I key, so there's a lot of backspacing as potential statements are slaughtered and eaten by the victors. ~
        Feel free to quote me. ~

Comment

I was on the server and the guy who played the clip, apologized. He did not realize he was in the side channel thought he was still in vehicle channel. The clip was appropriate for vehicle comms and not side comms. People routinely forget what channel they are in for comms. Remind people to check before they go into lengthly explanations of movement for their squad, when they are in side channel.
          |TG-12th| tHa_KhAn

XBL GT: Khan58

Comment

I reckon direct speak keys for direct, group and vehicle channels should be mandatory in the Comms SOP. That would help faster contact reports (no scrolling through channels) and less use of side channel if not needed so less comms clutter.

I appreciate that making stuff mandatory causes issues with enforcing, but I reckon in this case it's worthwhile.

Comment

Big C hac outlined how ingame von is to be utilised here at TG in this sticky:http://www.tacticalgamer.com/armed-a...comms-sop.html
              Obviously if all in the servers followed this we'd have no probs but some folks still have issues with VON and I believe there's no exuse for not being in team speak as a last resort for comms when all else fails. Communication and teamwork is such a vital part of this simulation that after the time invested in some of these missions it is highly frustrating when comms break down between team members.

Comment

Just to end on a high note I returned for my first mission for some 6 months last night and had a thoroughly enjoyable time.

I was suffering from some real world issues [got a bad chest infection] but I hung on to the sucessful end conclusion.
                Probably being the MEDIC helped.

Thanks and cyaz again soon
                "I like a man who grins when he fights"
                Sir Winston Churchill

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed