Voting Admins

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Voting Admins

Ok, there has been a little discussion of late of people voting themselves admins then making poor mission selections. So, I would like from the community what would be a fair percentile of votes required to allow someone to be voted in to make mission selections.

Note that the two servers are set at 40% currently, so that is your starting point.

And do you think that after a selection is made, should you change out of the position to be fair to the rest?

I also encourage all of you to discuss this topic...
    ? Just make it lower...
    8.00%
    ? Just make it higher...
    4.00%
    Keep it the same (40%)
    40.00%
    33%
    8.00%
    50%
    8.00%
    66%
    16.00%
    80%
    16.00%

The poll is expired.

"The chief foundations of all states, new as well as old or composite, are good laws and good arms; and as there cannot be good laws where the state is not well armed, it follows that where they are well armed they have good laws." -Machiavelli

Re: Voting Admins

The problem with picking poor missions isn't because of who takes the helm.. its just hard to find a good mission with the way descriptions are set up.
    |TG|Switch

Better known as:
    That noob who crashed the chopper.
    That noob who ran over the mine.
    That noob who TK'd me with a sniper rifle.
    That noob who hit that APC at 300m with light AT! Our APC...

Comment

Originally posted by Switch View Post
      The problem with picking poor missions isn't because of who takes the helm.. its just hard to find a good mission with the way descriptions are set up.
      Without infringing on creative rights, we will not change naming scheme of a creator's mission. Blame the creator.
      "The chief foundations of all states, new as well as old or composite, are good laws and good arms; and as there cannot be good laws where the state is not well armed, it follows that where they are well armed they have good laws." -Machiavelli

Comment

I think the current 40% vote is fine.

Not everyone is going to like the mission that is selected, your always bound to have 1 or 2 people who dont want to play the mission that is selected. Too bad, they can always disconnect and come back when the mission is over if they cant stand the mission that much, you cant please everyone.

I think the biggest topic that comes up is when some players want to play tvt and others want to play coop. What Ive done in the past when I was admin is take a vote and figure out what the majority wants to play. I think that should be a standard practice for admins..

TvT is currently lacking in WORKING maps, there is only about 5-6 TvT maps that work and they all come from shacktactical with no respawn.

Coop has alot of maps with some prety terrible missions designs as well, culling alot of the crappy maps would probably be a good idea, but you would need to also look for some new missions that have alot of replayability and no glaring bugs/problems.

Comment

I am used to a situation where a full admin decides on missions or who decides who does. If no ArmA admin around, I reckon 40% is fine.

Originally posted by fuzzhead View Post
          TvT is currently lacking in WORKING maps, there is only about 5-6 TvT maps that work and they all come from shacktactical with no respawn.
          I'm eager to hear any feedback on my map so I can improve it (that goes for everybody). If you have aspects you think could be improved please let me know, by PM or by a post in the mission or as a side note in an AAR in the AAR forum. It's harder to improve a mission without feedback.

Comment

I don't think the percentage is the problem. If an admin makes bad map choices, he can be voted out just as easily as he got voted in.

Having 2 servers almost solves the problem. Last night, I got tired of TvT. After a few missions of asking for coop, I decided to go to the other server and play some coop.

Comment

Can an admin be voted out? Personally I say put it lower because some people don't know how to vote and it can take a while to get an admin with lots of players on. Having it lower just makes it quicker to vote in - what advantage does a higher percentage have? If none then set it lower.
              Jex.

Comment

Unless an administrator logs in with a password, you can start another vote.
                The trouble with the world is that the stupid are cocksure and the intelligent are full of doubt. ~
                I have a tendency to key out three or four things and then let them battle for supremacy while I key, so there's a lot of backspacing as potential statements are slaughtered and eaten by the victors. ~
                Feel free to quote me. ~

Comment

voted out as in, we vote for someone else.

Comment

Could always just get more well respected forum users who play more than the rest on the server, explain all the adminning rules to them and if they mess up badly then temp ban and revoke admin.
                    "A Veteran is someone who , at one point in their life, wrote a blank check made payable to
                    'The United states of America' for an amount of 'upto and including my life'. That is honor, and there are way to many people in this country who no longer understand it."-Author Unknown

"I got kicked out of barnes and noble once for moving all the bibles into the fiction section" -Any.

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                    X