Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Getting into ArmA

HI guys

I'm going to be getting arma some time this week, and i was just wandering what i need to download in order to play on the tg servers(s).

I know alot of the online stuff is mods and maps so if anyone has the time would they mind posting some links to all the mods/maps played on the TG server(s) as well as the latest patch and anything else you think would be usefull.

Look forward to seeing you all ingame soon.

Ollie

Re: Getting into ArmA

You need to be patched to v1.12 beta. No mods are required.
    The trouble with the world is that the stupid are cocksure and the intelligent are full of doubt. ~
    I have a tendency to key out three or four things and then let them battle for supremacy while I key, so there's a lot of backspacing as potential statements are slaughtered and eaten by the victors. ~
    Feel free to quote me. ~

Comment

This is the link you need for info about the patch
      http://community.bistudio.com/wiki/ArmA_Beta_Patch_1.12

It is kind of confusing unless you read the directions. You don't start the game with the normal desktop shortcut, you have to use the beta shortcut.

If you have any questions, we will be happy to help.

LINKS

Stoop and you'll be stepped on; stand tall and you'll be shot at.

-Carlos A. Urbizo-

Comment

EDIT: Buying the game next week over Amazon for 39.99
        Last edited by Xmaster; 04-21-2008, 03:01 PM.

-- I always wanted TG to be different than anyone else out there. We need to be unique in what we offer and how we play, if not we are simply competing with everyone else. --
        The BigC

Comment

regular version should be fine...I don't think we're running any of the Queens Gambit content.

Welcome to TG...See you on Sahrani...Please get and use a mic if you don't have one already. Thanks
          sigpic
          |TG-1st|Grunt
          ARMA Admin (retired)
          Pathfinder-Spartan 5

Comment

On a side note, make sure you got a mic too, way more fun if you got one.

Comment

So I just did it...ordered ArmA off Amazon.ca should have the game in the next 3 days...hopefully just in time for the weekend.

-- I always wanted TG to be different than anyone else out there. We need to be unique in what we offer and how we play, if not we are simply competing with everyone else. --
              The BigC

Comment

Ollie has a mic. Played with him many a time before in PR. Hes a great player.

Comment

Originally posted by Xmaster View Post
                  EDIT: Buying the game next week over Amazon for 39.99
                  If you do Steam you can save 10 bucks, if you do it from ebay or something like that you could probably save even more just to let you know..

Yea, Queens gambit isnt required, I'd reccomend the ArmA Effects mod, TrueFov-Accurate, TrueHeadMovement, TrueInGameUI, and TrueNVGoggles (all in Truemods, just gotta disable others).

Another thing; Sound mod is a neccessity. However you spell that.
                  "A Veteran is someone who , at one point in their life, wrote a blank check made payable to
                  'The United states of America' for an amount of 'upto and including my life'. That is honor, and there are way to many people in this country who no longer understand it."-Author Unknown

"I got kicked out of barnes and noble once for moving all the bibles into the fiction section" -Any.

Comment

Originally posted by Fenian420 View Post
                    If you do Steam you can save 10 bucks, if you do it from ebay or something like that you could probably save even more just to let you know..

Yea, Queens gambit isnt required, I'd reccomend the ArmA Effects mod, TrueFov-Accurate, TrueHeadMovement, TrueInGameUI, and TrueNVGoggles (all in Truemods, just gotta disable others).

Another thing; Sound mod is a neccessity. However you spell that.
                    I've looked on ebay. Couldnt find good deals. The game cost me 45.14 (39.99+txes) and Amazon ships it for free. On Ebay i had to pay for the shipping (usually racking up to 15/17$ CDN)I could have bought it on Steam...but im a freak:P I need a boxed copy of my games.

Kk ill look into these mods. Where can I get them?

The BigC

Comment

www.armaholic.com

I know what you mean about the box copy thing though, Steam is the only exception I do to that..

In armaholic it should be under downloads, addons, miscellanious (sp) then Truemods and for arma effects its either gonna be in the A's or in the M's for Matts or MadMatts Arma Effects..
                      "A Veteran is someone who , at one point in their life, wrote a blank check made payable to
                      'The United states of America' for an amount of 'upto and including my life'. That is honor, and there are way to many people in this country who no longer understand it."-Author Unknown

"I got kicked out of barnes and noble once for moving all the bibles into the fiction section" -Any.

Comment

Aight thanks!

The BigC

Comment

Thanks for all the help guys, as jimmy says i do have a mic, and the gaem should be arriving tommorow so see you soon, ive looked at the sticky with the sound mods and stuff aswell, is there one that anyone would recommend in particular?

Comment

look forward to seeing you out there Ollie...always a good round in your squad in PR.

Comment

Originally posted by ollie_fool View Post
                              Thanks for all the help guys, as jimmy says i do have a mic, and the gaem should be arriving tommorow so see you soon, ive looked at the sticky with the sound mods and stuff aswell, is there one that anyone would recommend in particular?
                              I recommend BPARealSound ... Ive tried a few others and this is the one I always go back to. But it's really personal... and it takes about 8 seconds to try a different one so switching them out to test isnt a hassle :)

Good luck and welcome to ArmA!!
                              Dizlor

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...