Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sunday co-ops

Gents

If I arrive after the start point because of real life issues need dealing with is there a way onto the server.
    Seems a little harsh that a 4 hour session gets closed off once it's gone live live.

I can see the need to have a start line but when like me last night I wasn't able to get go until go time +30 had passed, I missed out on all the rest of the time available some 3 1/2Hrs.

Have I understood this correctly like this or is there some latitude here as for me the start time will always be a little bit tricky to be precise.
    "I like a man who grins when he fights"
    Sir Winston Churchill

Re: Sunday co-ops

i only have last night's to base it from, but what i saw was that you would be able to get in by requesting password on TS server...not the official answer, just an observation

Comment

Would it be possible to IM the password out to all the folks who sign up? This could be done about half an hour before the start. The only problem would then be keeping the password in confidence but our usual crowd seems pretty good about passwords anyway.
      BarnacleofDoom

One shot - One miss!

Comment

The password never changes, but the server gets locked. Locked means you can't connect irregardless of password.
        The trouble with the world is that the stupid are cocksure and the intelligent are full of doubt. ~
        I have a tendency to key out three or four things and then let them battle for supremacy while I key, so there's a lot of backspacing as potential statements are slaughtered and eaten by the victors. ~
        Feel free to quote me. ~

Comment

I believe the events thread requests that players arrive 30-minutes prior to the start time. Please don't take this the wrong way as I'm not trying to be a prick, but you weren't 5 minutes late. You were 35 minutes late.

I've missed events before b/c I lost track of time or something came up. But there's a lot of people on there who arranged their schedule so that they can be there on time and play together. The cutoff is 4pm and the threads ask you to arrive by 330. If you can't make it that day, that's ok. There's always another one next week!

Comment

Yeah Vanity that's what I said, go time + 30 before I could get connected.
            What I am asking is that if a 4 hour window has been set aside for this [and the other server is closed down too] leaving me available for 3.5 hrs of the mission time can I late connect.
            You seem to be saying tuff try next week but as I have already explained my real world demands will always mean it will be tight timing for me.

Can an admin coment on this as if this is the case it would seem not to be worth my effort to even try and make it.

I'm not suggesting that all have to wait for me but rather there be a way for me and others to come in as late starters.

Game information:
            The server will be locked for the 1st few missions, this means no joining in progress will be allowed. Do not be late!

OK THIS IS STATED IN THE SIGN UP but what does "1st few missions" mean, it would seem to suggest there IS some late joining allowed but only after the first few missions???
            Sir Winston Churchill

Comment

Originally posted by Barnaby View Post
              OK THIS IS STATED IN THE SIGN UP but what does "1st few missions" mean, it would seem to suggest there IS some late joining allowed but only after the first few missions???
              That is correct. The other day it was about 30 minutes into it that we unlocked the server. It will probably be the same this week.

There is a 30 minute prior connect time at 3:30 and it becomes frustrating when people plan out a mission in depth and after the game is started people are joining. It tends to ruin a the effort the leaders just put into it.

I understand that real life pops up and you may be late, but there has to be some incentive for the people that are there early and put effort into this. The 1st mission or so always seems to be the best tactical mission you will find, because people are afforded the opportunity to organize from he beginning with who they have on their team.
              "The chief foundations of all states, new as well as old or composite, are good laws and good arms; and as there cannot be good laws where the state is not well armed, it follows that where they are well armed they have good laws." -Machiavelli

Comment

Cheers BigC thanks for the heads up.

I want & hope to be on time but there will be times when my Grandad duties take over.
                No tittering in the ranks plz as my digital fitness is as good as anyones ;)

In future if I'm late I'll jump on TS to find the state of play just incase there is a window of oportunity, if that's ok.
                Sir Winston Churchill

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...