Leaders needed.

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Leaders needed.

I am sure a lot of people complain about this a lot. And here comes one more. As a 3 year member at TG, 2 of them supporting member, I have seen TG and played every game I played here at TG. I know some games have hard time and some flourish. But there are always few dedicated folks who wants the servers to populate and who wants to have good games whenever they come in.

I took some break from gaming hence the supporting stopped. And also just came back into Arma since I have a lot more free time.

Anyway back to the point I was trying to make, I think I frequented the server since last week.

But Sunday and Monday the large mission server is always a chaos whenever I come in. So I would like to propose the following SOP.

1. In absence of admin voted or not, the missions seem to go by rotation, irregardless of number of players. I asked to be voted to become admin and took leading position in all missions I chose. More people doing this or more people pressuring somebody to at least fill the admin position temporarily would help a lot with the server. Next 2 mission population rose from 7 to 20 again because we were playing a 20 man mission. FULL.

2. Voted admins please allow the players to have organization rather than rushing into a mission without proper chain of command, plan on the map. Kills the enjoyment. I know it is a longer wait but organized squad going into battle pleases everybody and lets the "stop by"-ers to stop by more often. After all TG is all about Tactical gaming.

2.5 Also do a reassign to free up all slots so players can choose the position they want. Those who want to lead can take the lead positions. If somebody chooses to lead and everybody else confirms that he is comfortable, he will lead and all the other players will follow. Bam!!! More enjoyment.

3. I know TG produces a lot of leader types. A lot of us have BF2 SL experience, commander skills under our sleeves. And a lot of players have mics, observing somebody who is leading at the moment, learning etc... So step up and take charge. Believe it or not a lot of people appreciate somebody telling them what to do whether the whole thing ends up in failure or success. Plus with every mistake comes a lesson right?

To end this rant, I think Arma at TG is at its best. Players here are coming back just because of communication. Once one experiences the "10 guns opening up on a target at the same time" type of action it is very hard to go into another server. I was just surprised and disappointed to find TG server in complete chaos two nights in a row. :row__593:

Re: Leaders needed.

The server has been getting a little weird lately. And here's my .02 on how to resolve this.

There's been a lot of ideas brought up as well as complaints and a lot of good reports....but I think we should fall back to the original intentions and ideals of the TG server.

For instance, we're getting a lot of micro-issues coming up. Seagulls, hacks, VON, passwords, etc. Instead of focusing on and addressing these individually, let's hit them all from a higher frame of reference and stage a relaunch of the intentions and mission of TG ArmA. If we can review and instill the macro elements of TG ArmA, the micro issues will solve themselves.

With v1.11, v1.12, and the price drop, we're basically experiencing a second product launch. But we're not relaunching Tactical Gamer ArmA along with it. We're bumping sticky threads in hopes people see them and repeating the same gripes in multiple threads. We've got a dated website with a cluster of people who know what they're doing and a whole lot of new people without a clue what's going on.

The execution of a re-launch would require more conversations and maybe a lot of work. But our current approach doesn't seem to be getting through to people. They're not reading the threads and they're not visiting the site. Bumping threads and creating complaint threads can't work if new players aren't stopping here in the first place. I believe we're venting to a phantom audience.

Comment

Hello all,

Well after playing many times with you fellas, I decided to sign up to the forum. The TG servers have now become my home on ARMA.

I enjoy taking squad or platoon lead roles and especially like the type of people the server is attracting, good playing mates!

Anyway, just wanted to say hello.

Best
      BD1
      BlackDog1

"What we do in life... echoes in eternity!"

Comment

Originally posted by Blackdog1-22 Reg.SAS View Post
        Hello all,

Well after playing many times with you fellas, I decided to sign up to the forum. The TG servers have now become my home on ARMA.

I enjoy taking squad or platoon lead roles and especially like the type of people the server is attracting, good playing mates!

Anyway, just wanted to say hello.

Best
        BD1
        Welcome to TG BD1!!
        Dizlor

Comment

Be careful using 'reassign' as opposed to reselecting the mission.
          There were many issues with the 'reassign' command in the past.
          |TG|Switch

Better known as:
          That noob who crashed the chopper.
          That noob who ran over the mine.
          That noob who TK'd me with a sniper rifle.
          That noob who hit that APC at 300m with light AT! Our APC...

Comment

Originally posted by vanity11 View Post
            The server has been getting a little weird lately. And here's my .02 on how to resolve this.

There's been a lot of ideas brought up as well as complaints and a lot of good reports....but I think we should fall back to the original intentions and ideals of the TG server.

For instance, we're getting a lot of micro-issues coming up. Seagulls, hacks, VON, passwords, etc. Instead of focusing on and addressing these individually, let's hit them all from a higher frame of reference and stage a relaunch of the intentions and mission of TG ArmA. If we can review and instill the macro elements of TG ArmA, the micro issues will solve themselves.

With v1.11, v1.12, and the price drop, we're basically experiencing a second product launch. But we're not relaunching Tactical Gamer ArmA along with it. We're bumping sticky threads in hopes people see them and repeating the same gripes in multiple threads. We've got a dated website with a cluster of people who know what they're doing and a whole lot of new people without a clue what's going on.

The execution of a re-launch would require more conversations and maybe a lot of work. But our current approach doesn't seem to be getting through to people. They're not reading the threads and they're not visiting the site. Bumping threads and creating complaint threads can't work if new players aren't stopping here in the first place. I believe we're venting to a phantom audience.
            heheh, I was thinking the same thing. B, the people you are trying to reach through this post are probably not reading these forums.

But I learned something! It is a good idea to reassign before the mission starts.

Comment

Originally posted by Krako View Post
              heheh, I was thinking the same thing. B, the people you are trying to reach through this post are probably not reading these forums.

But I learned something! It is a good idea to reassign before the mission starts.

That might be true K. but the people who will lead probably ARE on the forums...We're doing good, most of the time, leading the masses...lets keep up the effort...
              sigpic
              |TG-1st|Grunt
              ARMA Admin (retired)
              Pathfinder-Spartan 5

Comment

Well I've seen people step up to SL (and in my opinion do a good job of it), but some people like to bash their SLs and place blame, so I'm sure that's not fun or enticing to step up and do it again.

I think some people need to be a little bit more lax about the entire game and more people will lead.

Comment

Tell them that if they feel their SL didn't do a good job, they should court-marshal them, as in game is an inappropriate time and place for bashing them.
                  The trouble with the world is that the stupid are cocksure and the intelligent are full of doubt. ~
                  I have a tendency to key out three or four things and then let them battle for supremacy while I key, so there's a lot of backspacing as potential statements are slaughtered and eaten by the victors. ~
                  Feel free to quote me. ~

Comment

is there some way to get a qualification in place for the place of SL? nothing too long, just some basic tactics and soldier managment.
                    had a few issues with one of the missions tonight and feel that having a proper SOP would resolve many of the problems which I felt arose.

Comment

We have the basic infantry course taught by TGU here, for all games. That is a good stepping stone of how to be a good leader as well as a introduction to tactics. If there is enough interest, I am sure we can run one exclusively for the players here at ArmA.
                      "The chief foundations of all states, new as well as old or composite, are good laws and good arms; and as there cannot be good laws where the state is not well armed, it follows that where they are well armed they have good laws." -Machiavelli

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                      X