Wanna try but confused, befuddled and bewildered

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wanna try but confused, befuddled and bewildered

Still playing around with this in SP to get the feel of the game, configure controls etc etc. etc. Kinda in “basic training” mode I guess.

Have hopped onto the server a couple of times to see how it performs compared to PRM online for me and find that while PRM quit often gives me a lot of “rubber banding” (sometimes so bad the game is unplayable) ArmedA seems to run smooth as silk and the ping isn’t all that bad (I don’t think) at between 90 and 140 ms on average.

Questions I have are:
    Does one need all the bot commands for co-op or are they server side/squad leader controlled?
    What about all the VOIP channels? Or will one or two suffice?
    The sounds kinda suck. Are there any decent sound mods out there?

Couple of other curiosity question:
    For the fun of it, alone on the server, thought I’d give a Blackhawk a whirl but was told that only qualified pilots had the training to fly
    Thought I’d take an APC for a spin but was told my rank wasn’t high enough to operate the vehicle. :row__688:

Now I’m not overly anxious to be an asset hog so no fears there , quit happy being a grunt on the ground following orders but , the question remains….

How do you get the ranking and training for various assets? God I hope it’s not another EA type abomination where you have to spend hours and hours online to gain levels but merely a simple case of going through the training sessions supplied by ArmedA.

BTW – FYI , I can get a Blackhawk off the ground and fly it around a bit , it’s just getting it back down in one piece I’m having trouble with. Still trying . :madsmile:
    [CoFR] BeerHunter

You shouldn't feel bad because you're not succeeding. It's far better to feel confident that you have the ability to handle failure

Re: Wanna try but confused, befuddled and bewildered

Originally posted by BeerHunter View Post

Questions I have are:
    Does one need all the bot commands for co-op or are they server side/squad leader controlled?

How do you get the ranking and training for various assets?
    They usually aren't used much in co-op. In fact, I've had the game for over a year and just now am starting to fiddle with the commadns. You'll rarely have bots with you in co-op missions.

You should learn to use all the VOIP (VON) channels. If you cannot assign a key for each one individually, just be sure you know how to scroll through them.

Sounds and Other Mods here
    http://www.tacticalgamer.com/armed-a...side-mods.html

How do you get the ranking and training for various assets?
    Earn points in game by destroying specific assets and enemies. You'll rank up pretty fast once you start killing guys. It'll all be done in that specific round for the most part. Not all missions have this, only servers running a specific version of Evolution use this. There are many servers where you can jump on and use any asset you wish. (Although I'd highly recommend training with those assets on empty or nearly empty servers before taking them out in a real game)

Comment

Another good way to get some training is to just enter the mission editor, place a chopper anywhere on the map and click preview. Now you're all alone on the island and free to get some training without getting shot down or flying into a mountain with a load of angry players.
      Your mouse has moved, please restart windows for the change to take effect.

Comment

Sounds like you were playing a persistent mission called Evolution. Some versions of the Evolution mission task you with gaining ranks by killing enemy before you can jump in some specific assets.

LIke Pompa said above, I find myself starting the mission editor (select aircraft then select player as pilot then select flying) just to fly the little bird around when I want some flying time...gives me the practice I need and you don't need to gain rank at all. Give it a whirl...
        sigpic
        |TG-1st|Grunt
        ARMA Admin (retired)
        Pathfinder-Spartan 5

Comment

If you like flying you'll love the choppers in this game Beer. It's great fun to fly around the map watching the trees, villages and coast line fly by you (or you fly be it, er ;))

Make sure you get practice in though. Most missions we play have no respawn and we've experienced plenty of inexperienced pilots crashing the chopper and killing everyone on board. There are a few thread discussing piloting you might to take a look at.
          Jex.

Comment

you can also acess the choppers (and EVERYTHING else) in the armory by doing this: hold "left shift" and the "-" (minus) on the numpad, then release and type "getallgear".

you wont see anything you type, but if you did it correctly, nothing in the armory will be locked anymore. this will allow you to try any vehicle, aircraft or weapon.

you will need to do this every time you want to un-lock the armory.

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
            X