Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Key Binds-this is very informative especially if new to game.

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Key Binds-this is very informative especially if new to game.

(blatantly plagiarized from another forum :icon_cool )

If anyone else is as confused with the keys , bindings and what they are supposed to do as I am this article cleared up quit a few questions.

Obvious movement, standard to any FPS
    Move Forward-
    Move Back-
    Strafe Left-
    Strafe Right-
    Crouch- kneel, or set your walk height to be lowered, more like crawling.
    Up- when pressed will take you from prone to crouch, and then from crouch to standing
    Prone- Lay down, whether you are standing or crouching
    Walk or Run Toggle- Change your forward speed from run to walk.
    Toggle Weapons- Cycle through weapons/weapon abilities (like from semi to burst fire)
    Fire-
    Reload-
    Night Vision- If you have it, this will activate it
    Binoculars- Same
    Switch Gun/Hangun- Switch between primary, secondary, and side arms.
    Optics- The iron sights, scope, or gunner screen of your weapon. Used frequently if you want to hit anything.
    Gear- Your inventory/gear menu (NOT YOUR LANDING GEAR)
    Compass- Hold down, to see the compass
    Watch- Hold down to see your watch
    GPS Toggle- Onscreen pocket navigation system
    Map- M
    Hide Map- M
    Zoom In- Zoom in and hold that zoom level, such as in a scope.
    Zoom Out - Zoom out and hold.
    Hold Breath- Helps your aiming, especially since you run out of breath when you run.
    Zoom (should be in this list...but wasn't for some reason)- an additional, toggling zoom that you have to hold down to maintain. Useful, since it zooms in further than your "zoom in" function. Most useful on your iron sights and in vehicles.

Multi player communication
    Chat- Talk in the chat
    List of Players-
    Previous Channel- change from global to side to group to vehicle to direct speaking
    Next Channel- Same
    Voice Over Net- Toggles mic on and off. DO NOT USE THIS. USE "push to talk" so you have to HOLD DOWN the button to talk. This will be a kickable offense, since many people forget their channel is open....A LOT....and it doesn't need to be that way.

Tactical and generic actions
    Freelook- Used to look 360 around your character. Most useful in vehicles.
    Toggle View- Switch from 1st to 3rd to other external view points.
    Tactical View- An extended 3rd person view to help issue squad commands.
    Select All Units- select every member of your squad, if you are the squad leader.
    Previous- used in inventory and action selections in-game...a lot
    Next- same as above
    Perform Action- "Use" or "select" an item or option.
    Back- Used in automatic comm menus and squad commands.....often
    Next Target- when using targetable weapons, like certain missiles.
    Lock or Zoom- Lock on spotted targets specific to your weapons
    Reveal Target- Spot/call out a target to your squad/team/allies

Vehicles
    Headlights On/Off- For cars, or the running lights of tanks, air vehicles, etc.
    Car Slow Forward- Drive slowly
    Turn In- Close the hatch of your APC or tank, and drive using the view ports
    Turn Out- Open the hatch, and drive with your face in the wind. Easier to see....but you are "snipable like this"
    Turn Left-
    Turn Right-

Aircraft
    Increase Thrust- throttle up
    Decrease Thrust- throttle down
    Bank Left- yaw (roll left)
    Bank Right- yaw (roll right)
    Left Pedal- Rudder left
    Right Pedal- Rudder right
    Nose Down- Pitch down
    Nose Up- Pitch up
    Toggle Manual Fire- if you have an AI gunner, you can direct them to fire, or allow them to fire at will
    Auto Hover On- auto levelling and throttle compensation to ease heli flight (for amateurs)
    Auto Hover Off- same
    Gear Down-
    Gear Up-
    Flaps Down-
    Flaps Up-

Seagull (what you become when you die online, sometimes)
    Seagull Up- fly up
    Seagull Down- fly down
    Seagull Foward- fly forward
    Seagull Back- fly back

UNKNOWN OR UNNECESSARY BUTTONS/ACTIONS
    Toggle Raise Weapon- UNKNOWN/NOT NOT NECESSARY
    Look- Hold your body still, but turn your head using the mouse. Not necessary.
    Compass Toggle- Leaves the compass onscreen (not necessary)
    Watch Toggle- Leaves watch on screen (not necessary)
    Commanding Mode- UNKNOWN
    Zoom Out Toggle- (not necessary)
    Salute-
    Sit Down-
    Car Fast Forward- UNKNOWN
    Command Fire- not necessary
    Turbo- unknown
    Fast Forward- Unknown
    Seagull Fast Forward- Unknown
    Command Fire- Direct squad/vehicle gunner to engage. Not necessary since you can do this using the command tree using mouse wheel and "use"
    Team Switch- unknown
    Team Switch to Previous- unknown
    Team Switch to Next- unknown
    Lean Left- Not as useful as it sounds. Not necessary.
    Lean Right- same
    Lean Left Toggle- same
    Lean Right Toggle- same
    Now if anyone can expand on this........

FYI
    [CoFR] BeerHunter

You shouldn't feel bad because you're not succeeding. It's far better to feel confident that you have the ability to handle failure

Re: Key Binds-this is very informative especially if new to game.

Good list but there is a crapload of useful keys that you marked as not useful:

Toggle Raise Weapon- This is good use when you are not in an immediate combat situation, or when you are on a slow patrol and want to move slowly so you can have a chance to observe your surroundings more.

Look- I use this constantly to check around me while moving, without actually moving my gun
    Compass Toggle- I only use compass toggle, I find its more useful than the other compass button

Watch Toggle- Same as above.

Zoom Out Toggle- I use this alot in CQB, you press this button and you still have ironsights but your view is zoomed out, which helps preventing tunnel vision but you can still aim well in CQB.

Salute- This is good for joking around or acknoledging someone.

Sit Down- This is good for when theres a long wait, you put your guy down a bit. Not actually useful, but fun to use anyways.

Lean Left/Right- I cant believe someone said this is not useful. There has been SO many occasions where ive been killed by someone leaning/prevented me from getting killed or killed bad guys cause of the lean, I cant believe someone would write its not useful. Use this to check corners and you can quickly duck back in if you take fire.

Lean Left/Right Toggle- This isgood when youll be at a corner for a while and dont want to hold the key down

Comment

Originally posted by fuzzhead View Post
      Zoom Out Toggle- I use this alot in CQB, you press this button and you still have ironsights but your view is zoomed out, which helps preventing tunnel vision but you can still aim well in CQB.
      I use this one a lot "double tap - on the number pad" but in the latest patch everything is zoomed in more at default it seems so i just use zoom out toggle to get it back to normal problem is it doesn't seem to be working a lot of the times. Even with certain weapons it doesn't work such as it works while holding the pistol or m4 but not an spr among other weapons, it will zoom out still but it wont lock. Only had a problem with this from the latest patch and its quite annoying.
      Last edited by yourgrandma; 04-24-2008, 06:32 PM.

Comment

Toggle Raise Weapon is a very useful button. Not only is it good for slow patrols but it is also good in CQB. Sometimes there are doors that I cannot fit through sideways and I use this to allow me to walk through it or to walk into it and then lean out. Not to mention using this with your back to the wall and using the turn heads buttons gives you a better sight since your arm is not in the way. It is definitly a useful command to use. Same with lean right and lean left but there was already a lot of support given for that one.

Comment

If looking around wasn't useful there wouldn't be a huge amount of people using TrackIR now would there :P

Also, how is it not obvious what 'car fast forward' does, lol. Dya think it may make vehicles drive a little faster? :D
          "I have nothing to offer but blood, toil, sweat and tears"

Comment

I am utterly fascinated at how many truly useful keys are listed as "unknown/not used" in that.

Comment

There are some keys in the "not so useful" section even I am figuring out how to use but who amongst us knew "gear" was actually an inventory key and didn't refer to the landing gear?? :p

The ArmedA documentation really sucked.
              [CoFR] BeerHunter

You shouldn't feel bad because you're not succeeding. It's far better to feel confident that you have the ability to handle failure

Comment

Well, considering it doesn't say "Toggle Landing Gear" or "Gear Up/Down", my first assumption was that it referred to the gear I was carrying. Woah, look at that! I was right.
                The trouble with the world is that the stupid are cocksure and the intelligent are full of doubt. ~
                I have a tendency to key out three or four things and then let them battle for supremacy while I key, so there's a lot of backspacing as potential statements are slaughtered and eaten by the victors. ~
                Feel free to quote me. ~

Comment

Originally posted by ednos View Post
                  Well, considering it doesn't say "Toggle Landing Gear" or "Gear Up/Down", my first assumption was that it referred to the gear I was carrying. Woah, look at that! I was right.
                  Lucky guess eh!! :p Every other FPS I've played refers to it as inventory.

Anyway , I found the descriptions of some of the keys useful as they weren't fully explained in the manual so some I tried to configure I find I really don't need and some I didn't bother with actually have a practical application.
                  [CoFR] BeerHunter

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                  X