RTS on TG?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• RTS on TG?

Hey guys, not sure how many of you ever played Karrilions RTS maps, but they were pretty fun. I know some of the TvT missions scan get pretty boring, and these games can go for a little while. Just thought we might give it a try. They were pretty popular, until the first patch, I think the servers that mainly ran them, never went to 1.09. So interest died off. But they might do well if we tried them.
    here is a link to Dl it

http://www.armaholic.com/page.php?id=1053

Re: RTS on TG?

Last time I played the RTS mission it was very chaotic:

- No real teamplay, because you could get AI units easily, it was prety much every player and his little army for himself. There was no real reason to work together.

- The game lagged out/desynced quite badly after a little while

- In the end it turned into an air war of rocket spam.

I like his idea but I think it fails prety badly in the teamwork/tactics/strategy element.

Maybe the latest revision fixes these problems, Ill take a look..

Comment

Fuzz is right, if you want an RTS go host a server and put up Cops and robbers (Sahrani Life) I think it's a waste of resources for what this community is geared towards

Comment

I'm confused. Are we talking real time strategy, as in Company of Heroes, or role playing, as in the above mentioned Sahrani Life?

**edit: nm, I read the description at armaholic.

Comment

We tried RTS here at TG on several occasions, it was not well received by most. As a event it is ok, but otherwise it really has a hard time finding a permanent place in the rotation.
          "The chief foundations of all states, new as well as old or composite, are good laws and good arms; and as there cannot be good laws where the state is not well armed, it follows that where they are well armed they have good laws." -Machiavelli

Comment

There's a dedicated Sahrani Life server that's always got at least 8 people on it, no matter what time of day. It's just not TG.

Comment

I like some of the RTS missions, Shiner modded a few that were a lot of fun. You have to play them with the right kind of people. I prefer the larger whole island ones that are TvT. It is fun controlling a whole strike force and being able to go first person on any soldier involved.
              |TG-12th| tHa_KhAn

XBL GT: Khan58

Comment

So what does RTS stand for? Certainly not real time strategy if you're referring to ArmA.
                The trouble with the world is that the stupid are cocksure and the intelligent are full of doubt. ~
                I have a tendency to key out three or four things and then let them battle for supremacy while I key, so there's a lot of backspacing as potential statements are slaughtered and eaten by the victors. ~
                Feel free to quote me. ~

Comment

its real time strategy...

its called RTS-4... basically you play it like an RTS game with resources, AI units, etc and you can command them...

its a cool concept but with terrible execution, the gameplay is extremely arcadey.

Comment

Well its called RTS (real time strategy) but you are on the field of play commanding all your troops. The strange thing is. I remember playing this with some friends and we used quite alot of teamwork. We would specialize in an area of operations, say one would get alot of tanks, I would get some helo's and another friend would concentrate on his infantry, and yet another on Air Strikes. So I would say that while yes you can just go in and field an Army and go rampage. An army with teamwork and multiple "branches" of forces was always a very rewarding experience. Which was nearly always triumphant. And yes while there always is a loser, and I would like to see Victory Goals established so the rouns are not as long. I was sad to see it disappear.
                    And since VON is now a viable option teamwork is more possible.

Comment

Originally posted by stickyjeans69 View Post
                      Fuzz is right, if you want an RTS go host a server and put up Cops and robbers (Sahrani Life) I think it's a waste of resources for what this community is geared towards
                      This isnt a Cops and Robbers, its a good way to have large scale *(military)wars with less than 1 thousand real people playing.

* sahrani life in my opinion is a mod that has nothing to do with why this game was created. To serve as military Sim not a Grand theft Auto Knock off.

Comment

with VON enabled yea it could be better, Id like to give it another go...

Comment

Originally posted by fuzzhead View Post
                          its real time strategy...

its called RTS-4... basically you play it like an RTS game with resources, AI units, etc and you can command them...

its a cool concept but with terrible execution, the gameplay is extremely arcadey.

It's only arcadey if you play with people who view it as that. Like always ARMA is the worst pub game. It's all about the players you play with. I've had some good RTS rounds with the likes of Shiner, Evil Koala, and company, but I would agree that noobs ruin it fast.

The thing to remember is that while it is called RTS it is still just ArmA. You get menu's for building units that become A.I. soldiers for you. There are certain cities that have certain resource values and you move to occupy the city and thus receive the resource value.
                          |TG-12th| tHa_KhAn

Comment

Sounds like it would be fun, would be pretty fun to see just a 2 person team going against a army of AI that had tanks, helis, airplanes, etc. etc. (everything) With a limit of the players getting persay 30 AI units to control at a time for maximum. Going out clearing areas/towns/cities/resource producers(could be oilfields)... Could be some fun getting extra vehicles if you complete side missions that you only get one chance at accomplishing and such.
                            "A Veteran is someone who , at one point in their life, wrote a blank check made payable to
                            'The United states of America' for an amount of 'upto and including my life'. That is honor, and there are way to many people in this country who no longer understand it."-Author Unknown

"I got kicked out of barnes and noble once for moving all the bibles into the fiction section" -Any.

Comment

Originally posted by Fenian420 View Post
                              Sounds like it would be fun, would be pretty fun to see just a 2 person team going against a army of AI that had tanks, helis, airplanes, etc. etc. (everything) With a limit of the players getting persay 30 AI units to control at a time for maximum. Going out clearing areas/towns/cities/resource producers(could be oilfields)... Could be some fun getting extra vehicles if you complete side missions that you only get one chance at accomplishing and such.

It can be very fun. 2 v 2 or 3 v 3 player games work out well. Having a couple of players per side allows a team to divide up tasks. One player can focus on town(resource) defenses while the other works on acquisitions. If you are interested, let's see if we can find a good day and we can schedule the event server to have some RTS missions.
                              |TG-12th| tHa_KhAn

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...