Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

4 player coop missions, can it not happen?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 4 player coop missions, can it not happen?

can this not be put into effect during the evening hours? I understand maybe during the weekday, but right now there is a 4 person coop server, and an admin online and the admin is not in TS........it would make it easier if at least if an admin is playing if they are on TS, so in the event that there is a small coop server that it can be extended for those who wish to play.
    Randy = Ace ! - Warlab
    Level II Volunteer FireFighter
    Level I HazMat Technician
    NYS EMT-B
    Town of Mamaroneck Fire Dept.

sigpic

Bring On Project Reality 1.0!!!
    RSS Feeds:Bamboo | | 9/11 - Never Forget |
    Apophis - "TG was created to cater to a VERY specific type of gamer rather than trying to appeal to the greater gaming population.
    Tactical Gamer is not mainstream.
    We are not trying to attract mainstream gamers."

Re: 4 player coop missions, can it not happen?

That is why there is two servers. There are smaller missions just for that reason on server 2, if that is what people desire to play than they are fine to do so. Until the time when Server one is packed with 40+ players and server two is filled as well, the option for small unit mission will remain.
    "The chief foundations of all states, new as well as old or composite, are good laws and good arms; and as there cannot be good laws where the state is not well armed, it follows that where they are well armed they have good laws." -Machiavelli

Comment

I normally get on TS but I didn't that time. My bad.

When I came on there was nobody on the small unit server. So I loaded the boot camp mission and practiced with the cobra untill someone showed up and we started a 6 man mission. I made sure there was room for more people to join in progress by leaving 1 AI slot open.

So when you connected, there was 1 spot open... I'm not sure what went wrong. As soon as you connected we started lagging like hell. The AI in front of us were moonwalking lol! So anyway, I don't know why you couldn't connect.

Now here's my opinion on this matter if you want to hear it. i often log on an empty server and wait for people to join. I used to load bigger missions in case people would join. But I got tired of it because it's hard to coordinate when people join in progress. The way I see it, 2 players, 10 players, 40 players, it makes no difference. Once the mission has started its too late mate. Just wait for the next round or get on the other server. But don't get me wrong here, I will gladly restart a mission for someone that joins a little bit after the mission started.

And even if the admin was on TS, would you ask anyone to ditch the mission they're doing so you could join?

Comment

This can be locked, up, since I still am new, I didn't realize there were 4 person coop missions, the next map, was a 6 player coop mission and I talked to Shafik through VON, and he filled me in, and I told him to disregard what I posted, however I forgot to re-post after I talked to him.

Its just a shame that being a SM doesn't necessarily give you first dibs on a slot in ArmA like it does in POE, PR, and the other games TG hosts (that give this option).

If they were on TS I would ask them if there were any non-sm's on, and or if the next map could be a larger coop mission. I wouldn't ask them to stop the mission on the account that i wanted to join, that would be rude and selfish, and does not go by the TG SOPs, and real life.
        Randy = Ace ! - Warlab
        Level II Volunteer FireFighter
        Level I HazMat Technician
        NYS EMT-B
        Town of Mamaroneck Fire Dept.

sigpic

Bring On Project Reality 1.0!!!
        RSS Feeds:Bamboo | | 9/11 - Never Forget |
        Apophis - "TG was created to cater to a VERY specific type of gamer rather than trying to appeal to the greater gaming population.
        Tactical Gamer is not mainstream.
        We are not trying to attract mainstream gamers."

Comment

There should be an option for SM's joining the server but I don't think it can be done. As soon as a mission is finished, the next mission will incorporate all the players on the server (if this isn't the case, report whoever is logged in as admin to the admins). Missions should be chosen with a few open slots remaining so other players can jip. Joining players should announce there presence at an appropriate time and ask for orders.
          Jex.

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
          X