TeamSpeak.. Again.

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• TeamSpeak.. Again.

Last I checked, being on TS was still a requirement, is it not? I keep reading these things about people complaining of how certain people/admins aren't on TS.. I thought it was still required even with the new VON system. By all means, correct me if I'm wrong. I don't mean to sound like an ass if it's not required anymore.

Atomic Dog: Do it, hit it with a crowbar!
    Delta: I don't have a crowbar.
    Atomic Dog: Hit it with the dog!

Ednos: I just need to man up and get ready to have a testicle removed (which is what using Vista feels like)

Re: TeamSpeak.. Again.

I dont know. But for the sake of it I'm always on...and most of the time even when im not playing.

-- I always wanted TG to be different than anyone else out there. We need to be unique in what we offer and how we play, if not we are simply competing with everyone else. --
    The BigC

Comment

Yea same here whenever I'm playing arma, even if not on the TG server I'll just stay in one of the Co Op channels by myself playing some evo or something and whenever I feel like switching to TG I'll just do a Alt Tab and switch into TGs proper TS channel...

Really isnt hard to do.. Promotes playing ArmA and lets new players be able to ask you/ more experienced player questions if need be.. No reason not to be on TS really IMO, doesnt reduce FPS or anything.
      "A Veteran is someone who , at one point in their life, wrote a blank check made payable to
      'The United states of America' for an amount of 'upto and including my life'. That is honor, and there are way to many people in this country who no longer understand it."-Author Unknown

"I got kicked out of barnes and noble once for moving all the bibles into the fiction section" -Any.

Comment

Agree with everyones comments. No harm done sat in a TS Channel.

Maybe we could have an extra channel (Players Lounge or similar) where we can all sit if not actually playing a game. This way, visitors know they would not be disturbing anyone if they joined the channel. When enough of us are in channel, we can join the server and get a game going? Just a thought.

Mind you, I guess we could use the Seagulls channel (but a new player wouldn't know what the Seagull represented).
        Last edited by Buccaneer; 05-15-2008, 03:10 AM. Reason: Added the bit about Players Lounge & Seagull
        sigpic
        | |
        TG ArmA Pathfinder
        One pass haul ass - Greed kills

Comment

TS is not a requirement to be in when non events are going on. It helps with organization of missions but people passing by are not required with the use in game VON working.

That being said, some people still are on TS, which is their choice. For me and most of the admins, we will use both to address and questions and out of game.
          "The chief foundations of all states, new as well as old or composite, are good laws and good arms; and as there cannot be good laws where the state is not well armed, it follows that where they are well armed they have good laws." -Machiavelli

Comment

Lounge sub-channel created.

Comment

Sometimes I'm hanging around in TG's TS channel, other times I'm other TS servers. I don't think it matters that much if people are on TS or not (other than organised events) because what is lost, either way? As long as people can communicate with me through the game why would I need to have TS running? I certainly don't check the TS server to see who's playing arma, I use the server info for that and new players can ask questions in game and i don't have to put up with trying to work out if people are talking in game or on TS. The only thing I really care about is people communicating and by that I mean talking. This nonsense about people who don't have a mic is wearing thin.
              Jex.

Comment

I don't use TS when I want to play the game because I have trouble telling when someone's talking to me directly or using TS, and I don't want to run TSO because I often record with FRAPS, and I don't want that ugly display on my screen or the common crashes I get running FRAPS and TSO at the same time. Also, I have TS bound to a far less convenient key than ArmA because for some reason I can't use the fifth button on my mouse for it.
                The trouble with the world is that the stupid are cocksure and the intelligent are full of doubt. ~
                I have a tendency to key out three or four things and then let them battle for supremacy while I key, so there's a lot of backspacing as potential statements are slaughtered and eaten by the victors. ~
                Feel free to quote me. ~

Comment

If people don't use TS is there an easy way to find TG members when they are in game? I know some names show when you select a server but not all.

I'm new to TG and ArmA and whilst I know some names I don't know many. Also it seems that not eveyone has TG in their online name which makes it even harder for newer players to find TG members. I'd much rather find TG players online given what TG is all about and being new the members I've played with to date have been very understanding and helpful which can't be said for many non-TG players online.

Nil Desperandum Auspice Deo

Comment

Sabre, if you're using Firefox, you can use the Greasemonkey script detailed in this thread.

Or you can just bookmark this link and check who's playing.
                    Last edited by Shafik; 05-16-2008, 09:29 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Shafik View Post
                      Sabre, if you're using Firefox, you can use the Greasemonkey script detailed in this thread.

Or you can just bookmark this link and check it who's playing.
                      Many thanks, very useful.

Nil Desperandum Auspice Deo

Comment

i dont like to run TS when my wife is in the room, as the game is disturbing enuf to her, then all the extra chatter from TS on top of the game becomes too much, and i dont want to drive her any crazier than i already do.

Comment

Originally posted by Redd_Wiggler View Post
                          i dont like to run TS when my wife is in the room, as the game is disturbing enuf to her, then all the extra chatter from TS on top of the game becomes too much, and i dont want to drive her any crazier than i already do.
                          Get her some ear muffs then??
                          Jex.

Comment

You could use a headset, but I think bothering your wife is a completely legitimate reason to stay out of TS, especially since it's barely useful with the server structure right now.
                            The trouble with the world is that the stupid are cocksure and the intelligent are full of doubt. ~
                            I have a tendency to key out three or four things and then let them battle for supremacy while I key, so there's a lot of backspacing as potential statements are slaughtered and eaten by the victors. ~
                            Feel free to quote me. ~

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                            X