Domination and stability

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Domination and stability

I am looking into what is the issue with Domination (and more) and the server. There was 2 fatal crashes on the server caused by some unknown reason tonight. The worst part is that the server was running with several people for a couple hours each time. That leads me to believe that someone connecting is causing the issue. Certain MODs do not play well with ArmA, no matter what you all think.

What I need the community to do is record the instances surrounding a server crash. What I need to know is who was connecting when the server crashed, what MODs they were connecting with, and the time and date. Post it up in "contact a admin" forum. The intention is not to dime someone out, but I can possibly see a pattern and correct it. Plus a gamer may not know that some MOD they are running is causing server instability.

I know for all of you that were deep into a game, it can be VERY frustrating. Have some patience, I will try and get it worked out ASAP.

Funny thing is, we had no issues running vanilla...:row__687:
    "The chief foundations of all states, new as well as old or composite, are good laws and good arms; and as there cannot be good laws where the state is not well armed, it follows that where they are well armed they have good laws." -Machiavelli

Re: Domination and stability

Oddly enough, no one had just connected the first time it crashed while I was playing. Perhaps there was a time-delay issue with one of the mods someone was running.

I'm all for getting rid of most mods, making exceptions for a certain few (popular sound mods and ArmA Effects).
    The trouble with the world is that the stupid are cocksure and the intelligent are full of doubt. ~
    I have a tendency to key out three or four things and then let them battle for supremacy while I key, so there's a lot of backspacing as potential statements are slaughtered and eaten by the victors. ~
    Feel free to quote me. ~

Comment

Due to the various threads discussing issues with stability, I am going to run Server 2 as Vanilla. Please report back on any issues running it this way.
      "The chief foundations of all states, new as well as old or composite, are good laws and good arms; and as there cannot be good laws where the state is not well armed, it follows that where they are well armed they have good laws." -Machiavelli

Comment

I think we have worked out all the kinks with stability on sever 2. It has been running rock solid for weeks with no issues playing Domination, especially in persistent mode.

People are enjoying playing without lag or connection issues, so server 2 will stay as is for the indefinite future.

As for server 1, some people like to use addons which is fine. But it has caused some connection issues as well as lag when people connect. Due to the popularity of these addons, I will also leave server 1 as is for now. The only change may be adding a password to cut down on some of the retards passing by.

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
        X