ArmedA 2 or OFP 2?? Which one?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ArmedA 2 or OFP 2?? Which one?

I've been playing around with ArmedA and was curious about ArmedA 2 so was doing some reading on it. Everyone kept mentioning OFP and OFP 2 so I DL'd the OFP demo and ran it.

Hard to tell the difference initially from OFP and ArmedA (well , slightly better graphics and probably a few more bells and whistles but the basics were almost identical).

Got me to thinking...when (or if) they are released , which one to go for?

OFP 2 - Dragon Rising looks really good from the trailer (though doubt its an actual in game footage). They have OFP behind them and its been quit successful.

BIS churned out ArmedA which I see now is basically and enhanced OFP but it was so full of bugs and the code needed optimizing so badly the game was virtually unplayable until it finally reached patch 1.14. Apparently BIS turned out the original OFP and then let Codemaster have it from what I understand.

So which one?? ArmedA 2 or OFP 2???

Of course one will have to wait until they are released to see the final product to decide , but based on what info's available , which one are you likely to go for??

Wondering.
    [CoFR] BeerHunter

You shouldn't feel bad because you're not succeeding. It's far better to feel confident that you have the ability to handle failure

Re: ArmedA 2 or OFP 2?? Which one?

There have been numerous threads about this already, so I would just dig up one of those and take a look.

IMO, this topic isn't even going to be discussion worthy until codemasters releases something of substance wrt OFP2.

Comment

Originally posted by JAMerica View Post
      There have been numerous threads about this already, so I would just dig up one of those and take a look.

IMO, this topic isn't even going to be discussion worthy until codemasters releases something of substance wrt OFP2.
      Ooppss...you're right---not only other threads but one with the exact same title.

Sorry - my bad!! :o

but can I at least say ...... "IN BEFORE THE LOCK??" :D :icon12:
      [CoFR] BeerHunter

You shouldn't feel bad because you're not succeeding. It's far better to feel confident that you have the ability to handle failure

Comment

Meh, might as well bring up the new thread.. No real harm done..

Right now I'd be going for ArmA2, they have a lot more product shown and a lot of people were saying that ArmA wasn't completely done before release because they ran out of money where now they have money to fully start and complete ArmA 2. Which I think is also supposed to be on the consles...
        "A Veteran is someone who , at one point in their life, wrote a blank check made payable to
        'The United states of America' for an amount of 'upto and including my life'. That is honor, and there are way to many people in this country who no longer understand it."-Author Unknown

"I got kicked out of barnes and noble once for moving all the bibles into the fiction section" -Any.

Comment

I hope to god they don't release it to console. : (

Comment

Originally posted by FrankManik View Post
            I hope to god they don't release it to console. : (
            Yeah, wouldn't that just completely suck if BIS was able to make a large profit from console game sales and thus continue to develop games like this?

:row__735:

Comment

Yeah like I've also said before codemasters has realeased nothing on OFP 2 so I am going to stick with ArmA 2 so long as they add the realtime editor or whatever that thing in VBS 2 is that alows you to see exactly where you are placing things.

Only way I would go for OFP 2 is if it got some good reviews.
              "Gentlemen you can't fight in here this is the war room!"

Comment

I thought they had a mod for that too in ArmA?
                "A Veteran is someone who , at one point in their life, wrote a blank check made payable to
                'The United states of America' for an amount of 'upto and including my life'. That is honor, and there are way to many people in this country who no longer understand it."-Author Unknown

"I got kicked out of barnes and noble once for moving all the bibles into the fiction section" -Any.

Comment

They do but it relies on a script to place everything

Comment

News just out that Op. Flash. 2 will be shown off at E3 show, which starts July 14th

http://pc.ign.com/articles/882/882022p1.html

LINKS

Stoop and you'll be stepped on; stand tall and you'll be shot at.

-Carlos A. Urbizo-

Comment

They'll probably show a couple of quick videos that don't allow you to really see anything and call it a trailer or something.

Comment

You can all hold your breath for OFP2. I waited 7 years for the game and all I got was glimpse of developer screen shots as teasers. The core behind OFP was BI and they released ArmA, with ArmA2 impending. I have zero faith in CodeMasters to release anything that could ever obtain the success that OFP achieved. As much as I not a fan of BI, they have at least worked with the community since its (a OFP sequel) inception as to what the game should be like. CodeMasters cares less.
                        "The chief foundations of all states, new as well as old or composite, are good laws and good arms; and as there cannot be good laws where the state is not well armed, it follows that where they are well armed they have good laws." -Machiavelli

Comment

Originally posted by Dslyecxi View Post
                          Yeah, wouldn't that just completely suck if BIS was able to make a large profit from console game sales and thus continue to develop games like this?

:row__735:
                          I don't believe it's possible to do the Arma thing on console. It's been my experience with games such as Oblivion and CoD4, that in order to make a game that can be shipped both for console and PC certain features are changed or omitted in favor of the console version. I've found that a game which has been released simultaneously to PC and console frequently has a very poor PC interface, forcing PC players to adapt to the limited inputs available to the console controller. dual platform releases tend towards linear game play and often emphasize action and graphics at the expense of sophisticated gameplay, the size and interactivity of game environments, the variety of player options, and the number of people you can cram into a multiplayer session.

Given that OPF and ARMA are essentially simulations, a genre that has never enjoyed any success in the console market (As an example, look at how Mechwarrior was interpretted for consoles, in Mech Assault and Mech Assault II. Both fun games, but they lacked the any vestige of the simulation play that was core to the Mechwarrior videogame franchise prior to their release) I feel that the games are fundamentally unsuited for console play, and that adapting ARMA2 for Console would, if historic trends are any indicator, severely limit the games appeal as a very realistic combined arms combat simulation. Of course, the product belongs to BIS and I hope that whatever they decide to do, they make a lot of money and retire rich and happy. Personally, however, I would prefer that ARMA2 be a PC exclusive and make full use of the PC as gaming platform, without cutting corners to make it work on a Console as well.

Comment

Originally posted by FrankManik View Post
                            I don't believe it's possible to do the Arma thing on console. (etc etc)
                            Are you aware that OFP was released on the XBox, and actually was a very true port and not a 'dumbed down' edition?

Are you also aware the co-developing it for the 360 will likely result in all manner of nice things showing up in the game?

Comment

I'd probably buy the PS3 just for that.. Would definitely be a game that can show the Xbox360 graphics vs. the PS3's... and would be able to keep from updating my PC for a bit longer,

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                              X