Making A Iraq Based Type Campaign

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Making A Iraq Based Type Campaign

I am making a Iraqi type campaign And I need suggestions to what I should add and what to put in it

So far I am using the Sakakah map from armaholic, the 2nd MEF desert units from armaholic, and the FFAA Insurgent pack. So come on spit out your ideas!!!!

Re: Making A Iraq Based Type Campaign

If you can get houses with indoors then make certain blocks for house to house fighting, Could have a mission of Enemy combatants have high ground entrenched in a good mortar posistion with light armored vehicles surrounding the area as well as inf. Go up in a cobra squad or blackhawk and remove all enemy from the mountains, or their are snipers around the city, your goal is to eliminate them.. May be able to do something like the insurgency mission, civies and insurgents running around taking crack shots at you.. and IEDs are set up all around the highways and some places in the cities,

Could also be interesting if you got 3 AI teams including your own (2 warring religious peoples and then US/Western Armed Forces) so the AI would go get at one another periodiclly with you just stuck in the crossfire
    "A Veteran is someone who , at one point in their life, wrote a blank check made payable to
    'The United states of America' for an amount of 'upto and including my life'. That is honor, and there are way to many people in this country who no longer understand it."-Author Unknown

"I got kicked out of barnes and noble once for moving all the bibles into the fiction section" -Any.

Comment

Shiites and Sunnis should be two factions, plus the US forces.
      sigpic

Comment

Heres what I have so far for the first mission of "Operation Spearhead"

This is the mission plan:
        A Force Recon Team has captured a Al-Quaeda Leader and has been ordered to clear and hold the hotel until (we) the Marines arrive and setup up HQ. Our Reconnaissance Squad has relayed us info of a group of insuregents moving on to our position. There has also been info of heavy armor moving from the eastern side of the hotel so the we will have support of a Abrams tank and a APC. We will also have two humvees fitted with MK19's to support their right flank while the tank and APC hold and defend the left. We also have 2 dismounted MK19's with tripods at our disposal and 2 TOW Anti Tank Missle lanchers. A helicopter has also gave us a good amount of ammuntion for a prolonged firefight so we will be sure not to run out of ammo. To add to that we will have close air support porvided by a local harrier located on a Ship in the Gulf Ocean. Local Artillery Battalions are on call for artillery support. OORAH!!!

This is our hostage Jabal Er Zaerwif

Radio Tower #1

Our little map

Ammo Box that contains all US Weapons

Ammo Box that contains Special Us Weapons

The great American Flag

Our Radio

My Marine Squad, just look how eager they are to kick some ass!!!

Our beautiful Mk19's and Tow's

I dont think if you can see this clearly becuase of the sand storm but this is my APC and "Wispering Death"

My two humvees with both driver and gunner

3/5th of the Force Recon Unit, the other two are on patrol around the entrances of the hotel to make sure no insurgents feed one our soldiers to the Great Allah!!

Finally the NV Goggles come off for a better look

Look at that great mosque just callling for an airstrike to happen!!

Comment

Looking very nice so far, but are you going for more of a realism campaign or a campaign with somewhat realistic backround thats still more on the fun side than realistic?
          "A Veteran is someone who , at one point in their life, wrote a blank check made payable to
          'The United states of America' for an amount of 'upto and including my life'. That is honor, and there are way to many people in this country who no longer understand it."-Author Unknown

"I got kicked out of barnes and noble once for moving all the bibles into the fiction section" -Any.

Comment

- blocks with interior buildings as was mentioned
            - Intermintant Arty simulating mortar attacks
            - IED's on specific routes with triggers (still trying to figure the whole trigger thing out)
            - civillian traffic...have the occasional vehicle roll through with MG or armed civvies in the mix

just my thoughts

Comment

I would be hesitant of using a custom map, it will usually get limited play on servers. People do not like to download new maps, let alone certain mods. My recommendation would be to find a suitable city already everyone has and than add stuff to it. There is not too much you cannot create from the current editor. You can add building, barriers, etc which can really enhance any current city.

As for things that would add realism, add a .ogg that is scheduled to run several times during the mission. Blaring the Muslim prayer music causes mass confusion to anything and it is really has a psychological effect when doing ops.
              "The chief foundations of all states, new as well as old or composite, are good laws and good arms; and as there cannot be good laws where the state is not well armed, it follows that where they are well armed they have good laws." -Machiavelli

Comment

anytime i'm looking to work on a 'middle east' theme, i'll usually go to southern saranai. desert, dunes and an overall eastern feel

Comment

That would be pretty tight, You may be able to have civillians driving around in the city, just create a bunch of waypoints for one civy in a car then get it looping when you have enough and do a bunch of those with the occasional car with insurgents in it. Could have a prayer going off every once and awhile where people will go out and gather up to pray to..

Comment

Originally posted by Fenian420 View Post
                    That would be pretty tight, You may be able to have civillians driving around in the city, just create a bunch of waypoints for one civy in a car then get it looping when you have enough and do a bunch of those with the occasional car with insurgents in it. Could have a prayer going off every once and awhile where people will go out and gather up to pray to..
                    stupid question...looping waypoints? how?

Comment

Originally posted by Fenian420 View Post
                      This would really be cool. One of the drawbacks with most ArmA mission designs is that everyone you see is an enemy. Trying to figure out who the bad guys are would put a lot more suspense into the whole thing.

Stick a couple satchels on someone in those crowds, and have a random trigger blow it up. Maybe it shouldn't happen each time the mission is played, only sometimes. I don't know the editor, if there is a random factor that can be assigned. If not, put a trigger in a random place on the street so it only happens if a player happens to walk over it.

Man, now that would keep me on my toes.

EDIT: Also could use some random factor on the IEDs mikeman suggests. It shouldn't blow always blow on the first vehicle, and maybe not blow on the first time through the area if it's a high-use route.

Comment

May want to make that Coalition forces. UK should be in there.
                        Sorry I only play Hardcore!

Pain and suffering are inevitable, misery is not!

Comment

Originally posted by mikeman View Post
                          stupid question...looping waypoints? how?

Make a waypoint close to or inside you fisrt waypoint and under the menu where you choose the type of waypoint choose cycle. That should do the trick

Comment

Like BigC, I'd suggest moving your mission from the custom map to South Sahrani. You wouldn't be missing much with the change (South Sahrani simulates Iraq just fine) and folks would actually play your mission. You're going to have a lot of ArmA guys steering clear of your mission if you require them to install stuff.

Comment

I'm no expert but after watching a few military channel battle recounts and reading a few your mission doesn't sound right to me.

You have enemy with heavy armor and then you have the US forces geared up with APC's, Armor,Air, lots of mounted weapons etc. Most of the things I have seen are foot patrols coming under fire, enemy begin to surround the US forces, fire fight ensues and support is called for.

Usually once US air and Armor show up the insurgents start to dissapear. Their are Strykers that come under fire so perhaps that could be used instead. The US forces also don't have mk19's and TOW launchers set up with a weapon crate to boot with lots of toys in it in most cases.

I'm not trying to say that your mission wouldn't be fun but it doesn't sound IMO to be like most of the firefights I have heard about. Again this is just some arm chair opinions, someone like Gillespie would be able to perhaps give some better guidance on loadouts and armor avalability.

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                              X