Question about mods

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Question about mods

So far I've only installed a sound pack but am wondering if installing mods would effect online play?

Also I noticed that the posting about mods seems outdated. Is there a listing of mods required to play on the server or can one simply play with the bare bones game?

Txs
    [CoFR] BeerHunter

You shouldn't feel bad because you're not succeeding. It's far better to feel confident that you have the ability to handle failure

Re: Question about mods

No mods are needed or required. I personally enjoy a sound mod and the TrueMod series that cleans up the HUD, actually removes it for a more realistic feel. I'd avoid adding much more than that.
    |TG-12th| tHa_KhAn

XBL GT: Khan58

Comment

I have used sound mods and the trueview mod in the past. I currently only use a sound mod but I'm going to try out the Armaeffects mod to see how it looks, though it could drop my fps to much to be acceptable?

Comment

Originally posted by Long Bow View Post
        I have used sound mods and the trueview mod in the past. I currently only use a sound mod but I'm going to try out the Armaeffects mod to see how it looks, though it could drop my fps to much to be acceptable?
        There's practically no FPS drop unless you blow one of those large fuel depots. It's well worth getting and will be included in ACE from what I've read.

Voice Quiet is another mod I would recommend unless you like hearing the AI (and yourself) speak evertime they do or see something. You still get the text of what they see you just don't hear them speak anymore.
        Jex.

Comment

Originally posted by jex View Post
          There's practically no FPS drop unless you blow one of those large fuel depots. It's well worth getting and will be included in ACE from what I've read.

Voice Quiet is another mod I would recommend unless you like hearing the AI (and yourself) speak evertime they do or see something. You still get the text of what they see you just don't hear them speak anymore.
          Good to know about the FPS drop. I like the sounds (pun intended) of that voice quiet mod "Where are you!?" I'm right here you dip sh%t :row__593:

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
          X