Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Some Armed Assault observations from a rank beginner.

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Some Armed Assault observations from a rank beginner.

I FINALLY am getting the controls configure (took almost a week off and on). Why so long you may ask. Well it all started because I wanted to us my standard FPS configuration (LMB to move, RMB fire; “<” Strafe left ; “>” strafe right ; “M” crouch ;“Space” prone. All pertinent movement keys in on tight area of the KB (for me at least).

Then crop up the conflicts. Then it’s trying to assign keys with a meaning ie “M” for map, “C” compass etc. which created even more conflicts and so it goes. Getting there though.

Some things aren’t very well explained (ie key functions and how to use them) it seems. What is “reveal target”? (assuming it means to point out an enemy) but how?? Point and click or what?
    “Lock on /zoom” ??

Also, if ArmedA is a realistic game, why is the PRM server full all the time (not knocking PRM. Great mod. Just an observation) while the ArmedA server sits empty or only has a few players on it max?

Game seems to run much better online for me (I’ve tried a few sessions on an empty server) than PRM (where I get quit a bit of rubber banding). Strange. And is a kinda 200 ping playable?? Seems to be.

The “Fluster Factor” seems to rear its ugly head. That’s where you’re sure you were pressing the right key to perform an action then realize you’re not. Then while waiting to re-spawn, look at your scribbled notes and realize you’ve re-mapped it…again.:madsmile:

I’m finding even the SP to be quit challenging (an indication of my n00bness perhaps?) and having a lot of fun with it now that I’ve taken the time to try and learn the game.

One saving grace is the VA software as it eases some of the mundane key presses and besides it sounds cool to say “take cover” , “advance on objective” , “lock on” , “shoot” etc. :icon6: rather than hunt and peck the menu items.

All in all a great game but thinking I need a lot more familiarization.Having fun non the less.

Wonder what its like online with real people….hmmmm.
    [CoFR] BeerHunter

You shouldn't feel bad because you're not succeeding. It's far better to feel confident that you have the ability to handle failure

Re: Some Armed Assault observations from a rank beginner.

Originally posted by BeerHunter View Post
    All in all a great game but thinking I need a lot more familiarization.Having fun non the less.

Wonder what its like online with real people….hmmmm.
    It's a far greater gaming experience online IMHO, so if you like the SP you'll love MP online. I really would just jump in the server whenever you get the chance. It's amazing how quick you pick it up and if your playing in the right servers everyone is very helpful anyway.

Nil Desperandum Auspice Deo

Comment

Prm mod? also online mp games is great if you join the tg server some time I could help you get more familiarized with the game or you can send me a pm for a special session that goes for anyone
      |TG-73rd|Socomseal
      |TG-73rd Member| Former TG Irregular ArmA Platoon Leader| Former TG ArmA Admin XO| TG Pathfinder - Spartan 1 |TGU ArmA Instructor |Former TG-18th Member| |Former TG-1st Member|

"Its easy to argue about issues from afar. But until you have experienced the issue first hand, you have not seen all the facts."

Carver you will be cut off for a long time before reinforcements can reach you "I am the reinforcements the main force is only coming to bring me body bags and to clean up the mess Im about to make" - General Carver

Comment

I agree, the MP is much better than the SP.. although, when I bought it, it was new and very laggy on my older GPU/CPU.. the SP was totally unplayably annoying.. but the MP is and was always a bit slow, animations wise, compared to other shooters.. but I still love this game..
        There are soo many great missions for this game, you could play it for ever and never get bored .. if you can find people to play with.

Originally posted by socomseal93 View Post
        Prm mod?
        Project Reality Mini Mod for BF2.
        theeANGELofDEATH(Steam/Origin)
        E Pluribus Unum
        Sarcasm is just another free service I offer
        Si vis pacem, para bellum .. Molon Labe

Comment

Yea I don't even play the SP stuff unless its just me messing around in the editor creating huge battles then watching them from afar with a barret or practicing with CAS stuff (KA50, A10)

And I don't know about your control settings (kinda what I used to do for Quake 3) but personally would have to suggest keeping it original with the W-forward, A-left strafe S-backward D-right strafe then what I do for prone-Z and crouch-C... Still lets you easily tilt to each side so you get the easy chance around corners (Q-tilt left, E-tilt right) and shift is what toggles if you run and hold it down to walk and vice versa.
          "A Veteran is someone who , at one point in their life, wrote a blank check made payable to
          'The United states of America' for an amount of 'upto and including my life'. That is honor, and there are way to many people in this country who no longer understand it."-Author Unknown

"I got kicked out of barnes and noble once for moving all the bibles into the fiction section" -Any.

Comment

Been using these settings since DoD. I can move , look around , aim and shoot with one hand and hold my beer with the other.. :D
            [CoFR] BeerHunter

You shouldn't feel bad because you're not succeeding. It's far better to feel confident that you have the ability to handle failure

Comment

Don't feel like you are alone with Config'ing the controls in ARMA... it's a Chore in itself... I hate to uninstall it just becasue I will screw up my configs... And I was never able to get ARMA to work quite as well as Flashpoint with my Belkin N50..
              |TG|ARMA Pathfinder
              ..now where did I put my keys?

Comment

I know what everyone means with making the controls in arma but it really is easy to get used to, everything like I said before; ; to swap to the pistol and back, n for night vision and the scroll on the mouse for the side menu thing, with m as map and p for player check.. Everything from that and you can play with ease..

Heh, I do like your justifications for playing like that but can you move aim and shoot at the same time? When I'm eating or sipping on anything thats what I call my 'sit n' snipe' time. and it only gets funner as your bottle gets lower
                "A Veteran is someone who , at one point in their life, wrote a blank check made payable to
                'The United states of America' for an amount of 'upto and including my life'. That is honor, and there are way to many people in this country who no longer understand it."-Author Unknown

"I got kicked out of barnes and noble once for moving all the bibles into the fiction section" -Any.

Comment

Originally posted by Fenian420 View Post
                  Heh, I do like your justifications for playing like that but can you move aim and shoot at the same time?
                  Easily....Right hand controls mouse..

Left Mbutton moves me forward while I swing the mouse around to look for targets. Spot one , MButton #4 brings up iron sights .
                  Move mouse to aim , left hand brings up glass for a quick sip ,
                  RMouse Button fires.
                  MButton #4 takes down iron sight

..rinse and repeat.. Easy... :D
                  [CoFR] BeerHunter

Comment

Oh I see, I'm just playing with the 2 button and wheel type mouse right now, I do gotta say I miss my four button one.. Alot better for going prone and voice comms.

Heh still can't imagine playing like that though :p

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                    X