Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Tonight at ~ 7:30, No really Tonight! Yes Today!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tonight at ~ 7:30, No really Tonight! Yes Today!

Tonight I will restart server 2 after some tweaking. I am hoping to get some peeps on for a few hours of epic battle. If it is a minute or two late or early be patient, I have to cook dinner!! Yes even I have chores!:row__523:
    "The chief foundations of all states, new as well as old or composite, are good laws and good arms; and as there cannot be good laws where the state is not well armed, it follows that where they are well armed they have good laws." -Machiavelli

Re: Tonight at ~ 7:30

Cool! I'm down with "Epic".

7:30 in which timezone?

Comment

Damn you people!!!! I only care about East Coast time (because that is what I am in), the rest of you are all wrong!!!!:icon19:
      "The chief foundations of all states, new as well as old or composite, are good laws and good arms; and as there cannot be good laws where the state is not well armed, it follows that where they are well armed they have good laws." -Machiavelli

Comment

Why you gotta be like that C!

Nah I'll try and be on if I'm still at the house, keeping the server unlocked??
        "A Veteran is someone who , at one point in their life, wrote a blank check made payable to
        'The United states of America' for an amount of 'upto and including my life'. That is honor, and there are way to many people in this country who no longer understand it."-Author Unknown

"I got kicked out of barnes and noble once for moving all the bibles into the fiction section" -Any.

Comment

i think i can stop by......i have to upload some wedding pics to friends but i will try and make it.
          Randy = Ace ! - Warlab
          Level II Volunteer FireFighter
          Level I HazMat Technician
          NYS EMT-B
          Town of Mamaroneck Fire Dept.

sigpic

Bring On Project Reality 1.0!!!
          RSS Feeds:Bamboo | | 9/11 - Never Forget |
          Apophis - "TG was created to cater to a VERY specific type of gamer rather than trying to appeal to the greater gaming population.
          Tactical Gamer is not mainstream.
          We are not trying to attract mainstream gamers."

Comment

Originally posted by Fenian420 View Post
            Why you gotta be like that C!

Nah I'll try and be on if I'm still at the house, keeping the server unlocked??

The server will only have the password as usual.

Comment

Originally posted by TheBigC View Post
              Damn you people!!!! I only care about East Coast time (because that is what I am in), the rest of you are all wrong!!!!:icon19:
              I wish I was on the East Coast time - it would save me staying up until 3:00 or 4:00 am GMT and then falling asleep at work! Not good when your the Health & Safety man :-)

Nil Desperandum Auspice Deo

Comment

It was still a blast, we had at one point 16 people ingame.

Comment

Very epic!

C had the server ready to go at 19:30 on the dot, and within minutes we had 8 or so players gearing up. That number doubled within half an hour. I wish I could remember everyone's names, but I can't.

The first side mission was messy, but we hit our stride and began rolling up cities in a very clean manner. Take out the perimeter defense, move up the MRP, clear out the town, take down the radio towers, sort out the vehicles, and set up for the next town.

The engineers did a great job of taking out the radio towers on their own recognizance while the rest of us were engaging troops and vehicles.

Communication was very good, and the response to commo was great.

I had to leave after 4 hours, but the game was still going strong even as I bailed out.

Hat tip to TheBigC for running the operation, to Jorge who is a cool customer, and to the rest of the players for an excellent evening of ArmA.

Did we win?

Comment

We finally finished the mission around noon (12 EST for those who want to question it again!!)

The game played well and was truly epic as promised.

I agree the comms was decent, but still it can get better for some. People do not need to be afraid to use their mics. I hate typers and would much rather hear someone's quick sitrep from teammates.

I will see about setting this up again tonight hopefully. I enjoyed working with so many good players and look forward to doing it again.

Comment

Game on, I am in for tonight!
                      BlackDog1

"What we do in life... echoes in eternity!"

Comment

forget it - this thread was started yesterday
                        Jex.

Comment

Yeah, I love not checking the forums for a day and missing stuff. LOVELY.

Comment

Originally posted by TheBigC View Post
                            I will see about setting this up again tonight hopefully. I enjoyed working with so many good players and look forward to doing it again.
                            Read closer. Tonight, 9 July, can be just as epic as 8 July!

Regarding commo: We can set up our own squads within the game, which should improve the communications heirarchy. Every person that joins the server should be reminded to manually join a squad.

This would allow us to perform simultaneous tasks as squads without extraneous chatter from different groups impingeing on each other. Also, the squads can be reshaped on the fly by hitting the Action key, selecting a squad, and clicking the Join Squad key.

All of this presupposes that the created squads will override the squad designations chosen on the Role Selection panel.

Squad.

Comment

Thanks for pointing it out for the "slow people" Tripper!!:row__523:

See, you should check the forums more often!

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                              X