Newb <---

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Newb <---

Well, I just got ArmA Gold and I'm very new to it.
    Before I boot the sucker up, what should I know first?
    sigpic

Re: Newb &lt;---

Just boot it up and start playing.

You're not saying you actually read instruction manuals are you :row__631:

Seriously though, SP is good for learning the controls, but try to get onto the server tout de suite and someone will give you a hand if you ask.

Comment

Brain, please don't take too much stress trying the single player. It is a pain in the ass and I was mad that I spent money on the game after playing a couple of buggy missions.

Then I payed Multi-player, and got hooked instantly. It is so much better.
      Also, take the training missions with a grain of salt as well. They can be kind of buggy.

Its all about the multi-player baby, just like BF2

LINKS

Stoop and you'll be stepped on; stand tall and you'll be shot at.

-Carlos A. Urbizo-

Comment

Heh, jsut spent the past few hours playing, replaying, then re-replaying various missions.
        Yeah, I tried getting on the server, but I then realised it needed a password so atm, i'm on here lookin for it.
        sigpic

Comment

Some of the single player missions are very stupid. Like "AT Sabatur" one. One solo troop vs a camp of armor, a camp of infantry and a helicopter. Uhmmm.. what!

I love how they labelled destorying the armour in the particular level as a "Primary Quest". Heh, so many inconstancies in the maps and single player game it is funny, yet irritating.

Comment

Originally posted by ZaBoo View Post
            Some of the single player missions are very stupid. Like "AT Sabatur" one. One solo troop vs a camp of armor, a camp of infantry and a helicopter. Uhmmm.. what!

I love how they labelled destorying the armour in the particular level as a "Primary Quest". Heh, so many inconstancies in the maps and single player game it is funny, yet irritating.
            It's not that hard if you are quick on your feet.... ;)
            Dizlor

Comment

look for the sticky "Server Schedule"...Looking forward to seeing you on. I've been awol for several weeks and upon my return am happy to see quite a few regulars playing ARMA in fine fashion. I think you'll agree...just remember this is more of a combat sim than a game. If you are looking to spawn in and shoot em up go with one of the BF mods.

Dedicate a significant amount of time to your TG Arma effort and you'll be rewarded with a most rewarding experience.
              sigpic
              |TG-1st|Grunt
              ARMA Admin (retired)
              Pathfinder-Spartan 5

Comment

I'd have to agree on the single player missions.

Talk about retarded! One Spec-Ops guy with a pickup truck to stop an entire armored convoy! I got fed up with those missions and now I am hooked on multiplayer.

And there really isnt any where else you need to go than right here! All of the other pub servers are full of clowns and crappy mods that dont let you do anything!

Comment

Originally posted by HAZMAT View Post
                  Talk about retarded! One Spec-Ops guy with a pickup truck to stop an entire armored convoy!
                  Don't see that a problem is here.. Bruce Willis does it all the time... :D

Seriously though , IMO the missions are fun and frustrating too but a great way to figure out some of the nuances of the game and custom keyboard layouts.:)

Also great for relieving the boredom of American / Canadian Idol if you don't have hours to dedicate to an online campaign.
                  [CoFR] BeerHunter

You shouldn't feel bad because you're not succeeding. It's far better to feel confident that you have the ability to handle failure

Comment

Yeah, finally got on a server (couldn't find TG, what patch is it on?), and I was totally overwhelmed by what was going on.
                    Primarily, by the fact that I didn't know what do to!
                    I got the gameplay down (played OFP a while back), but I honestly don't know what to do once in a map.
                    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by brain21 View Post
                      Yeah, finally got on a server (couldn't find TG, what patch is it on?), and I was totally overwhelmed by what was going on.
                      Primarily, by the fact that I didn't know what do to!
                      I got the gameplay down (played OFP a while back), but I honestly don't know what to do once in a map.
                      Make sure you have patch 1.14, then go to the filter and put everything on default, type tactical and "voilŠ, jŠ estŠ" you will find 2 tactical servers, one open and the other passworded.

EDIT:
                      Note: Make sure are not running any mods, including Queen's Gambit, or you will not be able to connect to the passworded server. For that just run the Arma original .exe, nothing in the command line.
                      Last edited by Jorge.PT; 07-14-2008, 04:26 PM. Reason: Add information
                      sigpic

PR BF2 Alias: NewOrder_JoyDivision

Comment

*coughs* Heh, patched it to 1.08
                        Didnt know that it was so far along.
                        DAMN YOU GOOGLE! *shakes fist*
                        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by BeerHunter View Post
                          Also great for relieving the boredom of American / Canadian Idol if you don't have hours to dedicate to an online campaign.
                          How can you play online campaigns?
                          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by brain21 View Post
                            *coughs* Heh, patched it to 1.08
                            Didnt know that it was so far along.
                            DAMN YOU GOOGLE! *shakes fist*
                            Put these on your favorites:

BI Forums

Armaholic.com

The first are the official forums of the game, the second is the best site for finding news and downloads for ArmA.

I recommend you to install this: Arma Launcher it's a good way to manage the addons and mods you want to launch with arma (for example Queen's Gambit).
                            sigpic

Comment

I have a separate .exe shortcut for Queen's Gambit.

Ok, sucker's updated. Now what is going on with the MP? What's the purpose of each map?
                              sigpic

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                              X