Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

With this final patch?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • With this final patch?

    I am guessing that the use of in game voice comms is just never going to happen with ARMA?

    I have been on a few servers when it was used sporadically, but its seems that the majority of servers don't enable it. Can any one explain why?

    Does it not work (still unresolved bugs), or is it a system hog?

    Without ingame voice games like Warefare seem to be a bit of a pointless free for all and as others have pointed out, using TS seems to allow for cheating.

    I believe that that voice comms will be a deal breaker for ARMA 2 and I hope they get it as seamless as most other games on the market now.

  • #2
    Re: With this final patch?

    Originally posted by Tobruk View Post
    I am guessing that the use of in game voice comms is just never going to happen with ARMA?

    I have been on a few servers when it was used sporadically, but its seems that the majority of servers don't enable it. Can any one explain why?

    Does it not work (still unresolved bugs), or is it a system hog?

    Without ingame voice games like Warefare seem to be a bit of a pointless free for all and as others have pointed out, using TS seems to allow for cheating.

    I believe that that voice comms will be a deal breaker for ARMA 2 and I hope they get it as seamless as most other games on the market now.
    In-game comms work 5x5 here. Direct voip is the best thing since sliced cheese.

    Perhaps they don't enable it due to a bandwidth issue.

    Comment


    • #3
      Re: With this final patch?

      Correct, it has to do with bandwidth. We do not have a issue with it because the servers can handle it as well as we have refined the setting to be a great balance.
      "The chief foundations of all states, new as well as old or composite, are good laws and good arms; and as there cannot be good laws where the state is not well armed, it follows that where they are well armed they have good laws." -Machiavelli

      Comment


      • #4
        Re: With this final patch?

        Yeah ingame voice works great only problems I've noticed is some players just don't use it.
        "Gentlemen you can't fight in here this is the war room!"

        Comment


        • #5
          Re: With this final patch?

          Strange that so few servers use it.

          Comment


          • #6
            Re: With this final patch?

            Originally posted by Tobruk View Post
            Strange that so few servers use it.
            Momma always told me it's good to be different.
            sigpic
            |TG-1st|Grunt
            ARMA Admin (retired)
            Pathfinder-Spartan 5

            Comment


            • #7
              Re: With this final patch?

              Originally posted by JAMerica View Post
              In-game comms work 5x5 here. Direct voip is the best thing since sliced cheese.

              Perhaps they don't enable it due to a bandwidth issue.
              Originally posted by TheBigC View Post
              Correct, it has to do with bandwidth. We do not have a issue with it because the servers can handle it as well as we have refined the setting to be a great balance.
              Quoted for Truth.. and the TG servers is the only server where the Voip isnt used by screaming idiots and kids.

              I have been on one server where they had music playing on the radio for all to hear :/ and others that Voip lagged the server

              As usual the TG comms are in great use by most

              Originally posted by JRCOBRA View Post
              Yeah ingame voice works great only problems I've noticed is some players just don't use it.
              Uh yep...
              theeANGELofDEATH(Steam/Origin)
              E Pluribus Unum
              Sarcasm is just another free service I offer
              Si vis pacem, para bellum .. Molon Labe

              Comment

              Connect

              Collapse

              TeamSpeak 3 Server

              Collapse

              Advertisement

              Collapse

              Twitter Feed

              Collapse

              Working...
              X