A few Questions...

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A few Questions...

For starters, what a great game last night! I'd like to make a recommendation that we do more towns, since that seemed to have been very quick and the rewards werent that spectacular.

As far as questions, I noticed some of you 4th guys had custom icons on the the vehicles you were driving. I'd like to also know what is required to get a logo for the 13th into my game folder. Can anyone help me out on this one?

Also, having a medic in my squad seems rather irritating since I can not figure out how to make him heal me or anyone in my squad! Is there something I am missing?

Is there a way to turn the mouse to "free look" while driving a vehicle? I want something similar to BF2/2142 where I can drive with the keys and look with the mouse.

And finally (for this moment) I thought that once the hellfire missile had a lock on a tank and was launched from the Cobra that the tank would no longer exist. Sitting front sit I locked onto a T72 and fired a hellfire at it but nothing happened! Are duds in this game just like in real life?

Thanks for your help!

Re: A few Questions...

Originally posted by HAZMAT View Post
    Also, having a medic in my squad seems rather irritating since I can not figure out how to make him heal me or anyone in my squad! Is there something I am missing?
    In the command menu, option 6, you order your AI's to go heal, to heal you, just order the medic to come close to you, and a heal icon will appear (if not just scrol the mouse wheel when you are next to him).

But my advice is not to use AI, it can be very frustrating, and not very useful when playing with a lot of people.

Is there a way to turn the mouse to "free look" while driving a vehicle? I want something similar to BF2/2142 where I can drive with the keys and look with the mouse.
    Just press Left Alt twice, to get out of free look just do the same.

And finally (for this moment) I thought that once the hellfire missile had a lock on a tank and was launched from the Cobra that the tank would no longer exist. Sitting front sit I locked onto a T72 and fired a hellfire at it but nothing happened! Are duds in this game just like in real life?

Thanks for your help!
    There are no duds in the game, maybe the tank moved and got out of the hellfire line of sight (they are IR missiles i think, if a tank gets behind a house it will lose the lock), apart from that i dont know what appened.
    sigpic

PR BF2 Alias: NewOrder_JoyDivision

Comment

In the US Military, duds with Hellfires are next to zero. I think it's because of your targeting. The target, the tank, may have been on the move and some visual line-of-sight obstructions may have caused you to lose the target.

My suggestion as a countermeasure against this is to have a view distance of at the minimum, 2 kilometers, at the most 5 kilometers. That way you can visually "sight" the target, and even if you lose the lock (usually the lock itself will wander along the last known vector of the target, if the vehicle is still alive), you will still be able to spot the target after you re-establish a line of sight and consequently, reacquire the target lock.
      Hey guys, this is a public service announcement from NKato. I am Deaf, so when the helo goes down, you're best off typing "AAAAAAAAIIIEEEEE!!!" instead of attempting to scream it. Thanks!

Comment

I know of one dude that occurred at Fort Hood back in '96. In fact we were all very thankful that it was a dude since it landed in a farmer's front yard right next to his morning paper.

But thanks for the responses!

I will have a few more as I continue blowing the cobwebs off of the memory banks on how to play this game.

Comment

As far as questions, I noticed some of you 4th guys had custom icons on the the vehicles you were driving. I'd like to also know what is required to get a logo for the 13th into my game folder. Can anyone help me out on this one?
          and for the one unanswered question... Check out this thread here. Especially the second post by BigC. Should straighten you right out.

Next we can work on how to low-fly a blackhawk around trees ;)
          Dizlor

Comment

Thanks!

And ouch! I have yet to spend too much flying but we all got to learn sometime.

Thanks for being understanding.

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
            X