Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Why is everyone so negative about ArmedA SP?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Why is everyone so negative about ArmedA SP?

Iíve been playing around with Armed Assault in SP mode for a while now more or less learning the keyboard layout, customizing the keys , trying the different assets (choppers, planes, armor etc.). In general just familiarizing myself with the game.

Even tried commanding in Warfare. :row__593:

Havenít come across any of those game-destroying bugs people keep talking about yet.

There certainly are advantages to playing online with a group of like-minded individuals no doubt about it. A feeling of satisfaction when your team homogenizes into one well oiled unit working together, supporting each other towards a common objective. Found this feeling once in a while in Project Reality.

True bots arenít as imaginative as human players either. With humans you never know where the ambush is going to be or what the counter attack will involve.

But the AI can and do put up a fairly good fight and will make you work for your victory if you live through the firefights.

AI donít cheat, are forgiving if you accidentally TK (though I found out in ArmedA if you go on a TK rampage practicing you grenade throws or fast targeting they will execute you :row__735:) and a host if other very undesirable habits humans tend to bring to online playing. :icon8:

One of the biggest things missing in SP mode is the bragging right. No one really cares many AI you took out in one life span but you certainly can brag about your ďl33tĒ skills if the targets were human cant you.

To be honest, Iíve grown quit disillusioned over the years with online gaming. Servers full of smacktards , cheaters etc. :row__583:

Then throw in the fact that some of us donít have the time to dedicate hours and hours to an online campaign (battle) often enough to learn how to play well while online andÖ

SP looks very attractive and works for me. :icon7: (though I'm still looking forward to flying this thing online ).
    [CoFR] BeerHunter

You shouldn't feel bad because you're not succeeding. It's far better to feel confident that you have the ability to handle failure

Re: Why is everyone so negative about ArmedA SP?

1) I just don't find many single player missions compelling. It's usually you against the entire OPFOR army.
    2) I hate trying to command around squads of AI, although I've never bothered to become proficient with it.
    3) It's not so much bragging rights with MP, but I get a nice warm fuzzy feeling after completing an objective with a team of other live people. The AI can't give me a verbal high-5 over TS.

I often fool around with the editor, placing units and trying various tactics to see what does and doesn't work, but I wouldn't call those missions.

Comment

I did end up with the bug stopping single player. Tried everything over a couple days to get the triggers tripped, or the game to move forward, and nothing worked. Gave up, and then found MP, never went back.

LINKS

Stoop and you'll be stepped on; stand tall and you'll be shot at.

-Carlos A. Urbizo-

Comment

Originally posted by Bamboo View Post
        I did end up with the bug stopping single player. Tried everything over a couple days to get the triggers tripped, or the game to move forward, and nothing worked. Gave up, and then found MP, never went back.
        I guess that's more of a mission problem than ArmA itself.

@BeerHunter: Have you checked out the SP missions available at Armaholic (http://www.armaholic.com/list.php?c=sp_missions) or OFPEC (http://www.ofpec.com/missions_depot/)? I think there are quite a few you may like and believe there are some user made campaigns.

Comment

Most of ArmA's problems (and player disagreements) come from the fact, ArmA is more of a framework for a simulation than a specific game. The variety of missions single player and multiplayer can appeal to a wide audience. I think many people forget that while they may like one particular style of mission the next person may like an opposing style.

I personally enjoy Warfare because, like the SP missions, there are other things going on in a campaign situation. It's not a single mission or string of missions with small team, but a small team that is visibly part of a larger force with different roles that need to be filled.
          |TG-12th| tHa_KhAn

XBL GT: Khan58

Comment

My problem with single player was mostly design. At one point I'd think it wanted me to go forward, rambo style, and kill everyone myself, which led to me getting killed fifty times in a row. Then, I'd try something different, or just say the hell with it and hide behind a convenient tank, and some unit I didn't even know about would go complete the mission for me. I finally gave up at a night mission about the tenth time a BMP cruised around a turn and toasted me, my ATGM humvee, and everyone in my squad because an ATGM humvee against a light tank/APC/whatever a BMP is with engagement ranges of about 100m is always going to go a certain way.

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
            X