TeamSpeak, ARMA, TG, and You

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• TeamSpeak, ARMA, TG, and You

I have been thinking about posting about this for a while, and finally decided to do it. I have a bit of a favor to ask. Can more of you guys please try and use TeamSpeak while you are playing ARMA.

I actually don't care too much if you even talk. What I want to test is if more TG players will start playing, because they see others are playing.

Most of the time there are a bunch of guys playing, there is no one in the TS channel at all. I think this leads other TG players to assume no one plays or is playing ARMA. I have been trying to spend more time there, and I think if we make our presence known, more will come.

I know in game comms work pretty well, but this is more about letting people know it's game on!

Most people are too lazy to boot up ARMA just to see if anyone is playing, and so just go on playing BF2 or CCS or something they know friends are playing.

Also a way to discuss what should be done when a public player is not acting right and deciding what to do about it, without talking ingame so everyone hears.

I also found this site the other day that shows a current picture of what TS looks like, like who is in what channel. It can come in handy to check on comms, and see if someone is on quickly.

http://www.tsviewer.com/index.php?pa...s%20-%20Gaming

Any other thoughts on this?

LINKS

Stoop and you'll be stepped on; stand tall and you'll be shot at.

-Carlos A. Urbizo-

Re: TeamSpeak, ARMA, TG, and You

I agree...for most ppl it doesn't hurt to have TS running. It's much easier to check TS than load ArmA.
    |TG-12th| tHa_KhAn

XBL GT: Khan58

Comment

I agree that if I see others on, I am MUCH more inclined to jump on.

I use this for that purpose, http://www.game-monitor.com/search.p...e=arma&num=100 . Works GREAT.

The MAIN reason I don't use TeamSpeak is that I personally CANNOT STAND radio spam. It aggravates me beyond reason. Now that ingame VON is working well, the only reason for the TS server IS radio spam. If I alt-tab out of ArmA more than 3 times, I negatively impact the game's performance and I will usually crash or have to restart after 20 minutes.

I don't want to have to alt-tab every 5 minutes to change channels, mute/unmute, leave/rejoin or whatever.

Comment

Beita, did you see the post we just did about adding the grease monkey tabs so it shows up in your browser? That helps too. Just a couple threads down from this one.

LINKS

-Carlos A. Urbizo-

Comment

You don't have to start ArmedA to see who is playing where. I use QTracker and it works just fine (you can even start the game through it) and there are other ways as well.

IMO TS had a use at one time when in game VON was a rarity but in game VON is so common these days I don't even have TS installed (though I plan to later on simply to chat with other members over morning coffee ).

In fact , players not using TS are at a disadvantage if any other players are using it as you can't hear what is being said and TS allows abundant "cheating" where you can announce enemy locations while waiting to respawn.

I don't think many players are using it anymore for gaming (the reason for this thread maybe??) so finding friends on a server through TS isn't really going to work.

Nope. Your best bet is a little program called QTracker (faster,more flexible and user friendly than XFire IMO and does include a friends list) or XFire IMO.
          [CoFR] BeerHunter

You shouldn't feel bad because you're not succeeding. It's far better to feel confident that you have the ability to handle failure

Comment

I'm not saying to use teamspeak to talk that much, in fact there is usually very little if any talk.

And yes, I know how easy it is if you know what you are doing to check the servers, but I am talking about the average TG players. Trying to get the fact that we are playing out to the rest of the guys that use teamspeak.

LINKS

-Carlos A. Urbizo-

Comment

I ordered a Headset today, so i will join ts server as soon as it arrives. I just order it because of that awesome TG-Server Nights the last days ;)
              Ben

Comment

Could see it being useful to hop onto and holler.."hey-who wants to start a game now.." though......
                [CoFR] BeerHunter

You shouldn't feel bad because you're not succeeding. It's far better to feel confident that you have the ability to handle failure

Comment

TS is especially useful for the server admin when running coop missions. Guys coming in to the server can check when the mission will be done or how many AI slots are available etc. Last night we were running a coop mission that was full and a couple of guys came on TS to let me know they were waiting to join up.
                  sigpic
                  |TG-1st|Grunt
                  ARMA Admin (retired)
                  Pathfinder-Spartan 5

Comment

I don't know if it happens to you guys, but when I'm in TS, and someone that is in it too speaks on the arma von, i hear him very bad, like a echo. So that's why i don't use TS+arma von.
                    sigpic

PR BF2 Alias: NewOrder_JoyDivision

Comment

If you are talking about recently, it might have been Blackdog, and he has fixed it I think. Usually if you mention it to the person, they will fix it.

Also, I can't stand the constant "Player Joined" and "Player Left", so I changed it in the settings so it doesn't do that any more. SO MUCH BETTER!

LINKS

-Carlos A. Urbizo-

Comment

I will do this. I agree that it will help, good idea starting a thread because it totally skipped my mind that people would look at the TS channel.

Former E1st Heavyweight

Comment

Amen to that Bamboo - I often make my logon decisions based on teamspeak - if I see guys are in the channel, I proceed to the servers. Once logged on, it's a great back channel for communication with fellow TG'ers.

Use it!

Comment

Well to be honest, I started with my TS on and asked if the game was on I didnt get an answer even there was like 7 guys in that channel.
                            Then last night I got to play with TG on TG server and noticed how well the VOIP really works and how all the talking on side and group channel really makes it hard to hear what everyone is saying and then thinking there would be TS conversation on.

Sorry, not my cup o' tea even I understand the point.
                            TS is great for getting touch with Admins.

PS there's x-fire and TacticalGamer group which is for this kind of stuff, to know who's on.

Comment

Amen.

-- I always wanted TG to be different than anyone else out there. We need to be unique in what we offer and how we play, if not we are simply competing with everyone else. --
                              The BigC

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                              X