Domination going very well

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Domination going very well

I've been having some great rounds on the domination server - kudos to admins for configuring and running it and kudos to all of the leaders and players that have been making for some fantastic experiences as of late. One highlight of last night was watching a well organized assault on enemy shilkas by three independent javelins from a ridgeline. Disciplined, organized, and really really fun.

Being able to re-join the action via parachute really helps keep the action going on the Domination mod. Good stuff.

Re: Domination going very well

And of course, the side mission before that in which ALL the POW's were SOMEHOW dead on arrival ;D
    "Today's public figures can no longer write their own speeches or books, and there is some evidence that they can't read them either." -- Gore Vidal

|TG| Jaman

Comment

Originally posted by Jaman View Post
      And of course, the side mission before that in which ALL the POW's were SOMEHOW dead on arrival ;D

They were dead when we arrived (isn't that what we agreed on...shhhh)

PS...check the AAR forum for a report on some of last night's action.
      Last edited by Grunt 70; 07-23-2008, 04:01 PM.
      sigpic
      |TG-1st|Grunt
      ARMA Admin (retired)
      Pathfinder-Spartan 5

Comment

Yep I agree, quality of play recently has been superb and guess what!?! We ARE still getting new folks join, like Brain, Sturgis, etc, despite having the password server.

I think it proves that we are attracting the RIGHT sort of new players and for that I am very grateful as it makes planning and operating attacks a lot more pleasurable! I think Sam Hoy got a great screen shot of the whole squad following our Battle at Masbete.

Last night after we had, had several really good side mission and city attacks, it was getting late and quite a few left, leaving Beta, me, Eugene and Escho (another good quality rookie, once he understood how we play) and the four of us took on the radio tower side mission with para insertion to the Northwest, followed by the town attack on Hanupu! Unfortunately Eugene missed his para drop and spent a little time dodging sharks but heading to the beach LZ for the town. The 3 of us left took the tower.

Three men with the ammo they had left having attacked the tower and Eugene with no ammo! Once we attacked the tower we took a small boat and landed on the shore near the town. None of us were officer's and so we could not call for ammo. This added a "Real" element in that we had to fight with what we had left.

We decided that our first objective would be to try to capture an enemy vehicle and grab whatever ammo off the dead enemy that we kill.

Well..... our OP near some Northern buildings on the outskirts of town showed us how tough this would be! The para flares that kept dropping in the night sky added that slight "Platoon" style atmosphere with flickering light on the trees etc. There was armour everywhere and we had roughly 7 rockets between us!

We faced roughly 6 vehicles nearby, a GL UAZ, then a group of armour including 3 BMP's, 1 Shilka, 1 T72 and others nearby. We agreed a join strike on the nearest vehicles then a retreat into the small compound we were in. We also agreed we would para drop back to the same position on death. Once the attack began, all hell broke loose, but we kept dropping infantry thatwere hitting us on all sides and eventually after a few deaths we had captured a BMP followed immediately by a 2nd one. We then proceded to clear the town and cleared most armour until a hidden T72 took both BMP's out. Once we cleared that final tank we were good apart from one last hiding guy, who we finally found.

It was a great round, super teamwork and proves that even a small coop force can make a big impact on a much larger force trying to keep the amount of "deaths and rearms" as low as possible.

Thoroughly enjoyed it fellas! Well played!
        BlackDog1

"What we do in life... echoes in eternity!"

Comment

I used to play ArmA regularely. However during the week it seemed it was rare to get more then 3 or 4 players showing up at any one time to play. That coupled with ArmA crashing caused me to drop the title until maybe a month ago.

Now it is simply amazing. I have enjoyed the high quality of play, the stability and performance of 1.14 and the great players who show up regularely. It is nice to see ArmA rising up so long after release.

Comment

Yeah, that was great stuff. Things kinda got out of hand when waiting if beta would come back, but we got the last city. It was awesome.

Comment

Yea sorta all went down him once Beta went. I just ended up strafing the town in the A10

My name: Adept a skilled or proficient person Abyss a deep, immeasurable space, gulf, or cavity
              So I'm a very skilled deep hole :D

Comment

indeed, there was abit of a breakdown when beta disconnected (you'r a natural leader bud, like it or not :p ) and that kamov started attacking base, there was abit of confussion in trying to find out where the pilot of that downed kamov went to... but after that the main attacking force got organized and proceded to attack the last town.
                after taking out most of the armor, i raced back to base in a 5t truck to get some satchel to blow up the last tower.
                sigpic

"brum brum"

Comment

Last night saw something new that was awe inspiring on the Domination server.

We were all up on a high ridge attacking a town full of armor and footies, and all of a sudden the ground started exploding in a long line strait through some woods and into the town. I was confused as hell and trying to figure out what kind of artillery that was that I had never seen before. I look up into the sky, and there is Iceman in some kind of enemy attack chopper, and he had just done a strafing run.

It had leveled a good part of the woods and I don't know for sure if it killed any bad guys, but WOW!!!! it was amazing to watch.

I think he got one more good run in before being shot down.

I really wish I had gotten it recorded on video.

Good times last night. :D

LINKS

Stoop and you'll be stepped on; stand tall and you'll be shot at.

-Carlos A. Urbizo-

Comment

What do you guys like about Domination compared to Evolution?

I have not played a great deal of Domination, but my impression of it so far is that it's much less interesting from a gameplay perspective. It seems like each town is just a jumbled mess of armor and infantry thrown in a small area. Evo seemed a lot more alive in that respect.

Comment

Well in Evo you have all the gear just sitting there and it respawn. It domination you have to do side missions to unlock a random one (A10, cobra, M1A1 etc) and it doesnt respawn after it is destroyed. Means you really have to look after you assests. Altough you are right about it looking like just a jumbled mess of armor and infantry thrown into the town.

My name: Adept a skilled or proficient person Abyss a deep, immeasurable space, gulf, or cavity
                      So I'm a very skilled deep hole :D

Comment

Originally posted by Dslyecxi View Post

I have not played a great deal of Domination, but my impression of it so far is that it's much less interesting from a gameplay perspective. It seems like each town is just a jumbled mess of armor and infantry thrown in a small area. Evo seemed a lot more alive in that respect.
                        I would say the best part about Domination is the side missions simply because they aren't in the same towns you have fought in countless times. Plus, the cities are only spawned one at a time .. so there is a lot less lag to deal with.

It still pales in comparison to a proper mission, but it is much better for a "pickup" game that Evo was.

Comment

Originally posted by beita View Post
                          It still pales in comparison to a proper mission, but it is much better for a "pickup" game that Evo was.
                          Word.

-- I always wanted TG to be different than anyone else out there. We need to be unique in what we offer and how we play, if not we are simply competing with everyone else. --
                          The BigC

Comment

Originally posted by Dslyecxi View Post

Er simple....... Points Hunters!!!!!!!!!!!

EVO is a lone wolf game more often than not, where the kiddies go charging off to try and destroy whatever armour they can find in order to get points and get a "shiny" object to go destroy more armour with and in such games team play I personally find is almost non-existant.
                            BlackDog1

"What we do in life... echoes in eternity!"

Comment

Originally posted by Blackdog1-22 Reg.SAS View Post
                              Er simple....... Points Hunters!!!!!!!!!!!

EVO is a lone wolf game more often than not, where the kiddies go charging off to try and destroy whatever armour they can find in order to get points and get a "shiny" object to go destroy more armour with and in such games team play I personally find is almost non-existant.
                              TBH, in this regard I haven't seen much difference between Domination and Evo , especially when server population is low. I don't see how domination prevents this.

There really is no difference between the two, and in retrospect, Evo was a little better cause at least you needed to coordinate/make sure your basic transport didn't get hosed if you wanted to get back to the front.

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                              X