Vimeo policy change and Bamboo is pissed

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Vimeo policy change and Bamboo is pissed

Ok, so as some of you know, bunch of us have made videos for ARMA and found that Vimeo is a great place to post them and you can even post in HD, like the much missed Stage6 used to do before they crashed.

So today I am checking my sites and and now in a pretty pissed off mood.

Vimeo Bans Upload Of Game Videos

Why you ask? Right now I have over 100gigs of ARMA recording on my harddrive and I just spent almost 8 hours over the weekend trying some new things with Vegas. That is not including the rendering times, which are about an hour each, and I tried a lot of different ways, including one that made a 6 gig movie. So I was going to render 1 last time on this test movie and upload to Vimeo tonight.

I am not a happy camper. :row1_27::icon_mad:

LINKS

Stoop and you'll be stepped on; stand tall and you'll be shot at.

-Carlos A. Urbizo-

Re: Vimeo policy change and Bamboo is pissed

Ooooops everyone stand well back tonight on the server.....me thinks B'Boo is gonna shoot anything that moves! :D
    BlackDog1

"What we do in life... echoes in eternity!"

Comment

you're not the only one

http://www.tacticalgamer.com/video-p...sept-08-a.html :D

Comment

I went trolling briefly for a website to upload videos to and I found this http://www.motionbox.com/ HD uploads and up to 300mb in uploads there is also a brand new site called peekvid which is supposed to be similar to stage 6 however the first 15,000 accounts allowed to be made were taken up in the first week alone so it might be a few weeks before the site expands for even more accounts heres a link though http://peekvid.com
        |TG-73rd|Socomseal
        |TG-73rd Member| Former TG Irregular ArmA Platoon Leader| Former TG ArmA Admin XO| TG Pathfinder - Spartan 1 |TGU ArmA Instructor |Former TG-18th Member| |Former TG-1st Member|

"Its easy to argue about issues from afar. But until you have experienced the issue first hand, you have not seen all the facts."

Carver you will be cut off for a long time before reinforcements can reach you "I am the reinforcements the main force is only coming to bring me body bags and to clean up the mess Im about to make" - General Carver

Comment

I will look into those socomseal. Vimeo allowed up to 500mb though.

So, like I said, I had a ton of stock video, so here is my first video. I decided to post on Vimeo for now, since I still have a week for people to see it and my time will go unwasted a bit anyway.

I didn't use any special FX on this one, just left it uncut to show an actual mission. I felt like most people always cut to just show the action parts, and I wanted to show people a real mission.
          I will admit I was very new to the game, and was very cautious and moved slower than I do now. That is also why I chose the music. I was really stressing at the time on "Stayin' Alive"

Enjoy it while the movie is still available.

[media]http://www.vimeo.com/1397024[/media]

Remember if it shows up in a little pop up screen, you can click through to watch it a lot better. And I actually rendered it in high def so it would have looked awesome, and much better and bigger on their site, but that version came in at 532mb, and the limit is 500mb. Since their change in policy, I'm not going to waste my time re-rendering it to try and fit in the limit.

LINKS

-Carlos A. Urbizo-

Comment

great video really show cases the amount of team work put forth on the tactical gamer server this video also showcases the realistic infantry tactics you used during the battle good video really enjoyed it this would make a good TG ArmA recruiting video PS: I found the best video upload site http://www.veoh.com/ upload any size video as many as you want at any resoloution you want
            Last edited by socomseal93; 07-23-2008, 11:07 PM.
            |TG-73rd|Socomseal
            |TG-73rd Member| Former TG Irregular ArmA Platoon Leader| Former TG ArmA Admin XO| TG Pathfinder - Spartan 1 |TGU ArmA Instructor |Former TG-18th Member| |Former TG-1st Member|

"Its easy to argue about issues from afar. But until you have experienced the issue first hand, you have not seen all the facts."

Carver you will be cut off for a long time before reinforcements can reach you "I am the reinforcements the main force is only coming to bring me body bags and to clean up the mess Im about to make" - General Carver

Comment

Hey, I remember that.

Coop Events are really what attracted me to Arma...

Wish we had more of em :-/
              Skud

Comment

Nice vid Bamboo, although I just couldn't get into the whole rap-disco thing :D

Comment

Your video doesnt show as HD Bamboo. I wont miss vimeo much myself because I dont have widescreen and youtube have good enough quality now anyway.

What was that other hd host that shut down, unlimited stuff has its drawbacks I guess

If you find yourself in a fair fight, then you have obviously failed to plan properly.

Comment

Sabre,
                    Like I said, it wasn't HD because the HD version I rendered was 32 MB too large, and while I could have probably rerendered it smaller to fit, it isn't worth it for a video about to be yanked off.

And Stage6 was the other site that closed down.

LINKS

-Carlos A. Urbizo-

Comment

Try uploading the same hd file to youtube with the multi uploader, it lets you do upto 1gb. I found youtube alot less hassle and sharing the original file via a file sharing host will still be an option for very good quality

If you find yourself in a fair fight, then you have obviously failed to plan properly.

Comment

Originally posted by Bamboo View Post
                        Ok, so as some of you know, bunch of us have made videos for ARMA and found that Vimeo is a great place to post them and you can even post in HD, like the much missed Stage6 used to do before they crashed.

So today I am checking my sites and and now in a pretty pissed off mood.

Vimeo Bans Upload Of Game Videos

Why you ask? Right now I have over 100gigs of ARMA recording on my harddrive and I just spent almost 8 hours over the weekend trying some new things with Vegas. That is not including the rendering times, which are about an hour each, and I tried a lot of different ways, including one that made a 6 gig movie. So I was going to render 1 last time on this test movie and upload to Vimeo tonight.

I am not a happy camper. :row1_27::icon_mad:
                        Since ArmA is a game, you could try uploading them at GameTrailers.com. They tend to be of remarkably much better quality than youtube. (i've never visited Vimeo, though...)
                        Hey guys, this is a public service announcement from NKato. I am Deaf, so when the helo goes down, you're best off typing "AAAAAAAAIIIEEEEE!!!" instead of attempting to scream it. Thanks!

Comment

Nice video b-boo...thats some great coop action.
                          we should do more of these and not only Domination.

-- I always wanted TG to be different than anyone else out there. We need to be unique in what we offer and how we play, if not we are simply competing with everyone else. --
                          The BigC

Comment

Guess I gotta move my stuff then. Thats just lame oh well more traffic for some other site.
                            "Gentlemen you can't fight in here this is the war room!"

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                            X