X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hi all

As the title says, hi all.
    my first post here, just signed up.

Im Italian, currently living in Brazil. Im a real-life pilot. Im an ex-ofp addicted and im trying to find in ArmA the same kind of fun i had in my old squad back in ofp era. Unfortunatly my old brazilian squad is gone with ofp and was unable to find some good people to play ArmA together.
    Dslyecxi, from ShackTac, recomended me to check out TacticalGamer.

So here I am, asking for a try :)

I've already read all stickies, annoucements, SOPs I could find... still a little confused, but i hope in little time I can reach your standards.

Re: Hi all

Originally posted by Sorvete View Post

Im Italian, currently living in Brazil. Im a real-life pilot. Im an ex-ofp addicted and im trying to find in ArmA the same kind of fun i had in my old squad back in ofp era. Unfortunatly my old brazilian squad is gone with ofp and was unable to find some good people to play ArmA together.

I've already read all stickies, annoucements, SOPs I could find... still a little confused, but i hope in little time I can reach your standards.
    You've come to the right place. I'm presently unable to play on the TG server for the time being, but the others here will be able to get you started on the right foot. Also, be sure to check the recommended mods section, those will help you immensely - I strongly recommend TrueMods, since it rebuilds your HUD into something that is much more manageable for high-resolution monitors.

Also, be sure to brush up on your voice chat habits, TG has a very strong emphasis on a proper command-communication structure to reduce unnecessary global chatter.

Here's a checklist of things you should cover before jumping into the mud bog that is ArmA warfare:

1) Doublecheck your SOPs

2) Calibrate your microphone and voice settings in ArmA, also figure out what keybinds you should use for the following channels: Global Channel, Side Channel, Group Channel, Direct Channel and Vehicle Channel. (I suggest setting keybinds for Group, Direct, and Vehicle for the time being until you can free up more keybinds for the last two)

3)Check the Recommended Client-Side Mods Thread for downloads you can use to improve your operational capacity.

4) Practice shooting with the Iron Sights on the M16 - you want to be able to use a standard M16 effectively before moving on to scopes and red dots. (I personally gave up on trying to get the hang of the M16 and stuck with squad machine guns (M240 and M249)

5) Study Dslyexci's Squad Ops guide, this is pretty important if you want to be able to cover your squadmates effectively in a co-op mission where you won't get to respawn at all. This is a simulation. :)

6) When ready, don your wetsuit and jump in.

Hope this helps.
    Hey guys, this is a public service announcement from NKato. I am Deaf, so when the helo goes down, you're best off typing "AAAAAAAAIIIEEEEE!!!" instead of attempting to scream it. Thanks!

Comment

Welcome.

NKato made some good points. However if your playing on server 2, which is where most of us play during the week, it is pass worded. The password is in one of the stickies, be sure to grab it. While most of what NKato said rings true during the week whil playing domination things play a little "looser". Communication and teamwork are just as important but we don't always have strict command structure and comm protocal in affect. Lastly server two will not show up, nor will you be able to join it if you launch ArmA with any mods at all. Server 1 allows for mods though.

Good luck and see you in there.

Comment

hi sorvete, you have defenatly come to the right place!
        i found these guys last week, and have had more fun playing the game alongside them, then i have in the several months since purchasing this title!

always handy to have a few more pilots around for airsupport to!
        sigpic

"brum brum"

Comment

Good having you on the server this afternoon Sorvete. GG's.

Comment

Thanks guys!
            Yeah, i was on server 2 till some mins ago (then ctd) and i have to say, i was kinda lost :)
            The VOIP is new stuff for me and think ill need some time to get used to. Also, english is not my strong point. I can understand mostly everything, but sometimes combat noise and some lag here and there can make things a little difficult to understand. But, again, i think that time and practice can help me out.

I was almost giving up on ArmA, then i found Dslyexci's guide some months ago. That guide gave me the hope to find a group like you guys.

Thanks for the tips! Maybe a little suggestion for the keybinds? I tried to search/download, but there were some dead links on the way.

Ill try/hope to dont mess up too much... and when i feel im ready, ill wear the |TG| tag

Oh yeah, i need a mic :)

Thanks again!!

Comment

Welcome aboard. Hope you'll enjoy it as much as the guys here do. If you got any questions feel free to ask we're here to help.

You did great for a first time earlier today. Looking forward to play with you again.

See you on the battlefield.

PS: Feel free to hop on teamspeak aswell. And as for the microphone...they,re not very expensive.

-- I always wanted TG to be different than anyone else out there. We need to be unique in what we offer and how we play, if not we are simply competing with everyone else. --
              The BigC

Comment

Thanks guys!
                Yeah, i was on server 2 till some mins ago (then ctd) and i have to say, i was kinda lost :)
                The VOIP is new stuff for me and think ill need some time to get used to. Also, english is not my strong point. I can understand mostly everything, but sometimes combat noise and some lag here and there can make things a little difficult to understand. But, again, i think that time and practice can help me out.

I was almost giving up on ArmA, then i found Dslyexci's guide some months ago. That guide gave me the hope to find a group like you guys.

Thanks for the tips! Maybe a little suggestion for the keybinds? I tried to search/download, but there were some dead links on the way.

Ill try/hope to dont mess up too much... and when i feel im ready, ill wear the |TG| tag

Oh yeah, i need a mic :)

Thanks again!!
                Jump on the TS server, hook up with someone and ask questions. Everyone is pretty friendly around here.

Cheers

Comment

Bem vindo (welcome) Sorvete!

You are going to enjoy gaming in the TG servers, that's for sure. I hope we can play together some time.

I'm at your disposal if you need some help.

PS: Why sorvete, why not Caipirinha? ;)
                  sigpic

PR BF2 Alias: NewOrder_JoyDivision

Comment

Originally posted by Jorge.PT View Post
                    Bem vindo (welcome) Sorvete!

You are going to enjoy gaming in the TG servers, that's for sure. I hope we can play together some time.

I'm at your disposal if you need some help.

PS: Why sorvete, why not Caipirinha? ;)
                    because i drink all caipirinhas i see lol
                    Portugal?

Comment

because i drink all caipirinhas i see lol
                      Portugal?
                      Affirmative I'm Portuguese.

Nice gaming yesterday, sorvete.
                      sigpic

PR BF2 Alias: NewOrder_JoyDivision

Comment

Did good for a first time last night Sorvete.

Its also nice you've got a microphone. No worries for your english mate. Take it as an opportunity to make it better ;)

-- I always wanted TG to be different than anyone else out there. We need to be unique in what we offer and how we play, if not we are simply competing with everyone else. --
                        The BigC

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                        X