X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tonight - 24th july 4pm pacific

BE THERE!!!!!!!!!!!

Server 2

If no one has any objection I would like us to run a couple of Co-ops I tried late last night, one is frickin mad, the other very good for squad play! I logged in as admin last night and just fired up a few missions to see what they were like and I believe we are not even scratching the surface of some of our game enjoyment.

So.......all aboard, so you on there tonight!

OH BTW - The Dark Knight is frickin superb! Fair play to Ledger, I always thought Jack Nicholson would be hard to beat as the Joker, but Heath Ledger I believe may have just gotten himself a postumous Oscar award. Superb.

Very enjoyable!
    BlackDog1

"What we do in life... echoes in eternity!"

Re: Tonight - 24th july 4pm pacific

Count me in.

Comment

I think i can lace my boots up and make it, i have to practice for a PR scrim but i think that i might be able to sneak at least one coop map in.
      Randy = Ace ! - Warlab
      Level II Volunteer FireFighter
      Level I HazMat Technician
      NYS EMT-B
      Town of Mamaroneck Fire Dept.

sigpic

Bring On Project Reality 1.0!!!
      RSS Feeds:Bamboo | | 9/11 - Never Forget |
      Apophis - "TG was created to cater to a VERY specific type of gamer rather than trying to appeal to the greater gaming population.
      Tactical Gamer is not mainstream.
      We are not trying to attract mainstream gamers."

Comment

I'm in...7 est
        sigpic
        |TG-1st|Grunt
        ARMA Admin (retired)
        Pathfinder-Spartan 5

Comment

Count me in..ill bring the lub.

Edit: Im all alone so far :(
          EDIT2: So dumb...i was waiting on server 1
          Last edited by Xmaster; 07-24-2008, 07:08 PM.

-- I always wanted TG to be different than anyone else out there. We need to be unique in what we offer and how we play, if not we are simply competing with everyone else. --
          The BigC

Comment

hey guys, just got off the server, was another brilliant night of gaming!
            Defendin hill 101 was asskickingly good! Everyone held the line with ferosity. Defending the east wall with my saw i took out over 160 of those little buggers :D (an MG gunners wet dream, that hill :p )
            anyways, i gotta get some sleep, supposed to be up in an hour and half to pack my car, shower etc before heading off, but playing this way is soo addictive :D

Have a good one, kick some butt for me in the server, and i'll report back in after the weekend :)
            sigpic

"brum brum"

Comment

Yeah it was a little different trying some new missions, some good and some not so, but 1 hour of defending wave after wave of enemy was pretty intense! Well played all, as most importantly we won and they did not get control of the hill.
              BlackDog1

"What we do in life... echoes in eternity!"

Comment

And that convoy mission was downright bad. Never been through such a painful convoy mission.

-- I always wanted TG to be different than anyone else out there. We need to be unique in what we offer and how we play, if not we are simply competing with everyone else. --
                The BigC

Comment

Well, my first night with you guys and it was really good.
                  I had to log off right on hill 101, but it gave me 20 mins of intense action.
                  Hidden Airport mission is nice too. Yeah, ive almost killed XMaster out there, but damn, im a NOOB! (sorry bout that dude, thank god u were medic)
                  The funniest part was looking at people talking to me without obviously undestanding a single word. Think my ear got better at the end...

Hope to see more like tonight!

Cya

Comment

Originally posted by Sorvete View Post
                    Well, my first night with you guys and it was really good.
                    I had to log off right on hill 101, but it gave me 20 mins of intense action.
                    Hidden Airport mission is nice too. Yeah, ive almost killed XMaster out there, but damn, im a NOOB! (sorry bout that dude, thank god u were medic)
                    The funniest part was looking at people talking to me without obviously undestanding a single word. Think my ear got better at the end...

Hope to see more like tonight!

Cya
                    Ahah no worries out there mate for shooting me. Its all good ;)
                    You'll get used to the whole commo stuff...let you know that im french canadian (might have noticed my accent). When I started playing with (english) people and using teamspeak I couldnt understand a single word aswell...and my english downright sucked. But with some time i got used to it. So no worries mate, we're here to play and have fun, not here to judge people because there english is not top level or anything. Fun comes first. And trust me you'll get used to it pretty damn fast. Take it slowly and think of it as an easy way to make your english better while having some fun ;) Its a hell lot better than having english classes...no?

;)

And yeah Hidden Airport was some cool stuff...liked it alot.

The BigC

Comment

Damn, sorry I missed out. I would be willing to try these out another time though. By all means if we have the numbers, some one should speak up and load one up :)

Comment

Last night was great fun. I crashed midway through Hidden Airport and with an early morning coming I bailed. Good stuff...lets do this again to balance out domination so it doesn't become as appealing as EVO did.

Cheers.

I did some FT leading on Hidden Airport and I'm up for some platoon leading in the future. It's intimidating at first, but its easier because of the players we have on board. I issued formation, movement and ROE orders and all of them were followed to a T. It was nice...made the job easy.

I do prefer the no respawn missions and when I crashed I thought it mirrored real life combat nicely. Upon reflection I realize I made a mistake not assigning a second in command.

Looking forward to more good co-ops soon.
                        Last edited by Grunt 70; 07-25-2008, 10:21 AM.
                        sigpic
                        |TG-1st|Grunt
                        ARMA Admin (retired)
                        Pathfinder-Spartan 5

Comment

Gutted i missed out guys, sounds like you had a blast!!

Comment

Originally posted by Grunt 70 View Post
                            Upon reflection I realize I made a mistake not assigning a second in command.
                            Took care of it ;)

The BigC

Comment

I was a bit late, but showed up eventually (D2 waits for no one). Had some good missions, lots of communication, some good teamwork.

It's intimidating at first, but its easier because of the players we have on board.
                              I agree that leading ANYONE is quite intimidating, and that is often why there are so few willing leaders. I personally would LOVE to see more people try their hand at leading a group of players, not because I dislike leading myself (I find it enjoyable, interesting things always seem to happen on my "missions"), but simply because it can be tiring to lead 30 people 4 missions in a row (I did that once a few months ago ... never again).

Not to mention, the more people who lead, the better chance we all have of learning something new about leading, there are a LOT of different ways and tricks to leading, not everyone does it the same way.

Perhaps a thread should be started about some of these tips and tricks to leading, to get some more people interested in it.

Because I agree, for every 4 players, you need a leader. So, for a 8-player squad, you should have the squad leader and a second in command ... because we ALL know that the first person to die is the squad leader :P .

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                              X