Pop up adverts!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pop up adverts!

STARTING TO SERIOUSLY PISS ME OFF!!!!!!!!!!!!

Front page.... maybe, but everytime I go back and forth on a new screen. I recognise TG need income, but damn these are nasty!
    BlackDog1

"What we do in life... echoes in eternity!"

Re: Pop up adverts!

The only way to avoid it is become a Supporting Member! ;)
    "The chief foundations of all states, new as well as old or composite, are good laws and good arms; and as there cannot be good laws where the state is not well armed, it follows that where they are well armed they have good laws." -Machiavelli

Comment

Or use firefox - I don't get any popups ;)

What I want to know is why do words like TG and arma are underlined?
      Jex.

Comment

Originally posted by jex View Post
        What I want to know is why do words like TG and arma are underlined?
        If you mouse over them, you get the full definition of the initials/acronym.

Comment

What Jex said.

-- I always wanted TG to be different than anyone else out there. We need to be unique in what we offer and how we play, if not we are simply competing with everyone else. --
          The BigC

Comment

Wait................TG has ads?

I hope we don't have annoying pop ups. That could really turn some people off of the site and loose possible new community members. :(

LINKS

Stoop and you'll be stepped on; stand tall and you'll be shot at.

-Carlos A. Urbizo-

Comment

Originally posted by Bamboo View Post

I hope we don't have annoying pop ups. That could really turn some people off of the site and loose possible new community members. :(
              No when you use a real web browser (IE: Anything BUT internet explorer)

-- I always wanted TG to be different than anyone else out there. We need to be unique in what we offer and how we play, if not we are simply competing with everyone else. --
              The BigC

Comment

Originally posted by Bamboo View Post

Yeah, just hit the forums when not logged in.

I have never seen the popups though

Comment

the site has ads for those not SMs. But i do not think pop ups are part of that plan. You might have an issue not related to TG
                  that sounds like a good idea trooper.
                  -Vulcan

Comment

No I believe it was only the Circuit city Ad's. None of the others seem to jump over half the screen!
                    BlackDog1

Comment

Originally posted by Blackdog1-22 Reg.SAS View Post
                      No I believe it was only the Circuit city Ad's. None of the others seem to jump over half the screen!
                      I think you may have Adware that was loaded onto your computer through an unauthorized download/installation. I suggest doing a full virus scan, and look for any unauthorized processes and plugins. Also, check your browser's settings.
                      Hey guys, this is a public service announcement from NKato. I am Deaf, so when the helo goes down, you're best off typing "AAAAAAAAIIIEEEEE!!!" instead of attempting to scream it. Thanks!

Comment

To my knowledge TG has banner ads for reg members, but NOT popup ads.

POE2 Developer

Comment

I've not seen popups, just banners. I'm using FF3 with NoScript and FlashBlock.

I enjoy the banners. It's fun to see what gets selected for a given thread. If/when I go back to being an SM, I hope there's a way to keep them enabled.
                          Dude, seriously, WHAT handkerchief?

snooggums' density principal: "The more dense a population, the more dense a population."

Iliana: "You're a great friend but if we're ever chased by zombies I'm tripping you."

Comment

Its definitely only the circuit city ad's and I have done a full sweep of my system and found nothing? It is not so much a pop-up as I have those disabled, but mor of a drop down from the banner advert. As i said, this does not happen with any other advert other than the Circuit city one.
                            BlackDog1

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...